Easy method to get Hallow, and remove Corrupt!

Was this at all helpful?

• Yes it was!

• It was OK...

• Bleh, anyone could think of that!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Plexity

Terrarian
A lot of people, like me, are annoyed by the corruption. It doesn't look as good as peaceful cyan-colored grass, and sparkling stone. Here is a way to get rid of that corrupt, and replace it with unicornz!

Budget: Depending on the amount of corrupt, minimum 5 platinum.

Use it for..:Buy a Clentaminator from the steampunker, and buy blue solution (STEAMPUNK MUST BE IN THE HALLOW FOR BLUE SOLUTION), or you could use green solution (STEAMPUNK MUST BE IN THE PLAINS, OR JUNGLE FOR GREEN SOLUTION), your choice of solution!

Prices:
-Clentaminator: 2 platinum

-Blue solution/Green solution: 400 per platinum coin, minimum need: 1200

How to:
1. Go into a corrupt area, and purify that all at once with the Clentaminator, and the crimson/corrupt will turn to it's hallow counterpart!

2. Because of the extra corrupt spreader across the underground at the defeat of the wall of flesh, mining around the world, in a really wide V pattern, and purifying the corrupt you find. Be careful where you purify, as you might set off a Plantera Bulb, and could get killed.

3. As well as trying to remove the corruption of your world, you might as well try to purify regular stone, so spreading the hallow can be easier.

Tips/Benifits:
-Try to shoot the Clentaminator while falling, to make the most out of every solution.
-Removing every bit of corrupt in your world will leave you with 1 less thing to worry about.
-While visiting every corner of the world for corruption, try to gather some ores to sell, or make better tools!
-Slavaging from chests in your world underground could lead to great loot, like how I got a lava charm (7 seconds of immunity from lava) while purifying my corruption.
-Pearlstone, on the map, sparkles, making a good light source while searching through your map.
-Speaking of your map, doing this can help discover many game-essential landmarks, like a hornet nest, many spider caves (not that I like spiders...),
and a Lihzahrd Temple, and possibly get a picksaw.

Having a Hallowed world makes me happy, and after that, I can let the Hallow spread by itself, and see the percentages stack up, even if the spread rate of Hallow AND corrupt is ×3 slower after Plantera dies. Hope you found this helpful!

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-12-02-47-02-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-12-02-47-02-1.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Why not green solution? The Hallow sucks anyways, with it's Unicorns and Pixies and stupid :red:ing gastropods, :red: them.

With hard mode monsters in the area, getting the many coins required to progress will be easier. Besides, gastropods literally only shoot once every few seconds. The Hallow isn't bad, even dryad agrees!

With hard mode monsters in the area, getting the many coins required to progress will be easier. Besides, gastropods literally only shoot once every few seconds. The Hallow isn't bad, even dryad agrees!
? You don't "need" any coins to progress, and you get plenty.
And don't you dare tell me Gastropods aren't the most annoying things.

Why not green solution? The Hallow sucks anyways, with it's Unicorns and Pixies and stupid :red:ing gastropods, :red: them.
I know right.
The guide was OK. Not as intensive as other guides. As the only tip-based part was to mine in a wide V.
The guide was also a bit hard to read with the really small text size. I don't understand why you did that but I would like it to be normal-sized.

However I don't see why you would want this. The other biomes are useful for grinding. I suggest to keep a small amount of the other biomes in-tact....

As for the befits. You don't really need hornet nests. Therefore its not essential for me at least. Also if you can't find a Lihzahrd temple then well I don't know what to say.

Also lava charms are not that useful when you have wings, grapples and good armour. Plus if you're going to do this. You should already have some decent gear.

I will say this is a good project for money, you could probably sustain the adventure with a lucky coin.

The guide is really informative though. Even though you seem to value being impaled by unicorns a bit TOO highly for my taste. Plus I find the corruption much cooler than the hallow, but again that's me.

It must only be me, I find the Hallow to be pretty cool. (By the way, don't tell me I just took almost an hour on this damned piece of work, and got no credit, appreciation, or praise from that guy)

It must only be me, I find the Hallow to be pretty cool. (By the way, don't tell me I just took almost an hour on this damned piece of work, and got no credit, appreciation, or praise from that guy)
Me?
I said the guide was really informative. It had some good stats.
However turning the world into hallow seems like a not so good idea.b It might just be me, but that's what I think.

If you weren't talking to me, well then...

Nah, I said "that guy", as in "Mr positive" (not you)
Right here bub. Also spending almost an hour making an informative guide is nothing, time spent does not directly transfer over to an insanely good read.

Please avoid engaging in public and personal criticism of a person.
Right here bub. Also spending almost an hour making an informative guide is nothing, time spent does not directly transfer over to an insanely good read.

Ya know a wise person once said if ya don't have something nice to say...say nothing at all. Jeeeeez your miserable and opinionated. Maybe he likes the hallow...maybe others do too. You don't have to be so angry and aggresive about disagreeing with someone. What did you have a bad day or what!?!? That attitude doesn't fly on here from I have seen. So chilax @azumarill64. And yeah I know I'm not a mod or admin...just can't stand people being mean for no reason. Grow up!

Nice guide @Plexity! Ignore uncle cranky. And for what its worth, I think the hallow is pretty.

Report and move on, don't join in.
Ya know a wise person once said if ya don't have something nice to say...say nothing at all. Jeeeeez your miserable and opinionated. Maybe he likes the hallow...maybe others do too. You don't have to be so angry and aggresive about disagreeing with someone. What did you have a bad day or what!?!? That attitude doesn't fly on here from I have seen. So chilax @azumarill64. And yeah I know I'm not a mod or admin...just can't stand people being mean for no reason. Grow up!

Nice guide @Plexity! Ignore uncle cranky. And for what its worth, I think the hallow is pretty.
The only one with a bad attitude here is you, stop acting like a duck.

Thank you, I will try to ignore grumpy-faces like @azumarill64 .

Last edited:

Thank you, I'll try to ignt

Thank you, I will try to ignore grumpy-faces like @azumarill64 .
If you want to try to ignore someone, it would be wise not to bring them back here.

Back
Top Bottom