PC Easy Method to kill the Moon Lord

Starsong

Golem
I really don't get why people even cheese, when a fun and exciting way to do it is: Grab a set of you basic Beetle Armor (with shell, of course) ,a Chain Gun with plenty of Chlorophyte Bullets, Iron Skin potions, LifeForce potions, and a Shrimpy Truffle/Cute Fishron, or a Cosmic Car Key/UFO mount and either use a Celestial Sigil or defeat the Lunar Event, and enjoy! To survive, run away from the Moon Lord so that the Hands become an easy target, and repeat with both hands, then, while dodging Mini Lasers and many other of its attacks, destroy the Head. Then let all of your power and skill loose on the Core. This method requires a very large arena, but only if the Shrimpy Truffle or Cosmic Car Key are unavailable. The arena itself it pretty simple, but time consuming. It's just a long path of wooden platforms extending to about 2000-2500 blocks. Yes, this is mandatory because if you want enough time to beat the hands, you will need a big platform. Otherwise, just learn how to dodge with either of the two endless flyers, and no preparation for arenas are necessary. For accessories: People who do not have one of the two of the endless flyers; Fishron Wings, Star Veil (switch with Worm Scarf if possible), Charm of Myths, Ankh Shield (switch with Shiny Stone if possible), Paladin's Shield, and, if a Demon Heart has been consumed properly, a Ranger Emblem, all at Warding. If you do have one of the two mentioned above, the same applies for above, but switch the wings with a Destroyer Emblem. This method should allow you to tank the moon lord, without any cheesing necessary, and, if you want to, the Chain Gun may be substituted for the Vortex Beater, but the Chain Gun is highly recommended for its higher damage per second,but, whatever you do, make sure you have at LEAST 4000 bullets with either of the guns, or you will be out of ammo, and out of ways to attack. In that case, bring a Solar Eruption.

Last edited:
Chaingun is not easy to get, you know. In fact, I got Vortex Beater before Chaingun (VB is propably better). And multiplayer guide is not really needed, as two players will easily defeat every boss in the entire game. The thing is to do it alone.
Maybe some detailed instructions, like arena preparation and accesories needed? :)

Chaingun is not easy to get, you know. In fact, I got Vortex Beater before Chaingun (VB is propably better). And multiplayer guide is not really needed, as two players will easily defeat every boss in the entire game. The thing is to do it alone.
Maybe some detailed instructions, like arena preparation and accesories needed? :)
Alright, I did not see I forgot arena and the accessories, thank you for reminding me:happy:. It will be edited soon.

Then maybe make a nwe thread, with (yay!) images, as well as detailed guide? Who knows, if You do it well, maybe it'll get attention of players, and you'll become next "community warriors" leader ;)

Then maybe make a nwe thread, with (yay!) images, as well as detailed guide? Who knows, if You do it well, maybe it'll get attention of players, and you'll become next "community warriors" leader ;)
Thanks for support/help, but I really do not want to be that noticed.

I think it's a pretty common strategy, but the first time I killed the moon lord was using a mage load-out rather than a ranger one using the Razorblade Typhoon from the Duke Fishron!

Chaingun doesn't have higher DPS than Vortex Beater, they are more or less equal, especially at close range - where both of these highly inaccurate guns can unleash their full potential.
In this special case, I'd recommend to use Vortex Beater instead of Chaingun. It has equal (or even higher) DPS against the Moon Lord (because of Chaingun's less DPH, which causes ML's high defense to reduce it's DPS drastically), while eating a lot less ammo - If You're not shooting continuously, one stack of chloro bullets should take Ml down, while in Changun case it's 3-4 full stacks. In both cases fight duration is equal.

Mage Loadout(nebula set) is kinda good to fight a 2nd moon lord because i had a nebula set and accesories:celestial emblem,celestial cuffs,mana flower(make sure to have alot of mana potions),nebula mantle(can maybe not recommended because i dont know what the 4 lunar wings do),ankh shield(or something you want for a mage loadout) i had lots of greater mana potions to use last prism more and im in a ufo mount(cosmic car key) and defeated moon lord with just last prism you may also need healing potions(any) although spectre armor is not recommended because the leech debuff ignores it last prism deals high dmg to heal the player when the leech debuff is gone

What about Shroomite & VB for one player, and Spectre W/ Mask & Laser Machinegun for player 2?

Back
Top Bottom