• Great idea

• Bad idea

• Too easy

• Too hard

• Worst idea I've ever heard.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnonymousRat1934901

Official Terrarian
So, we have normal mode and expert mode. I like a challenge, but expert mode just gets too hard for me. Normal mode can get boring after playing it for so long.

When creating a world, you will have a choice to make the world easy, normal, or expert.

Before you say this is overpowered, just note that this is just an idea. And it's for players that just started, or people that play a lot but want a challenge.

GENERAL CHANGES

• Health regeneration is increased by 15%
  • Defense is increased by 7%
  • Pre-hardmode enemies drop 5% more coins
  • Hardmode enemies drop 10% more coins.
  • Enemies have half the health, defense, and damage.
  • The debuffs you inflict last longer. When enemies inflict debuffs, it's shorter.
  • Sky islands spawn closer to the ground. Some may be visible from the ground.
BOSS CHANGES
  • The eye of Cthulhu doesn't create servants of Cthulhu.
  • King slime doesn't teleport as often.
  • Queen bee doesn't fly as fast and shoots stingers slower.
  • Skeletron's hands have worse "aim"
  • The WoF's hungry don't spawn as often.
  • The Destroyer has 60,000 health, and spawns less probes.
  • Spazmatism's flamethrower-like attack isn't as deadly.
  • Retinazer's lasers shoot a bit slower.
  • Skeletron Prime's cannon has terrible aim.
  • Plantera creates those bouncy thorn balls less often.
  • The Golem head's lasers are shot left often.
  • 75 enemies have to be killed to destroy a pillar's shield, rather than 100.
  • The Moon Lord's hands don't create true eyes of Cthulhus, only his head.
OTHER CHANGES
  • NPCs have less HP
  • Players drop 60% of their money on death, rather than 50%.
  • Drop rates for rare items are decreased by 0.1 to 0.4 percent
  • All enemies (except for bosses and the pillars) drop less items
For example, slimes drop 0-1 slime, and wyverns only drop 4-8 souls of flight

Last edited:
This is one of those games that doesn't need an easy mode. It can be made easy enough on its own.
Terraria has a linked system between skill and preparation. These two things go hand and hand and determines how difficult the game will be for the player.
A more skilled player will generally have lesser needs of preparations in order to enjoy the game on a comfortable difficulty level. In other cases, there will be less skilled players, so they will generally get more things to make the game easier for them(better armor, weapons, accessories, arena setups, etc.). There are so many things in the game you can use to your advantage to make the game suitable to YOUR skill level. If you are not quite fond of how easy it is, that's why there is Expert mode and many limitations you can impose on yourself.

Terraria can already be made easy enough, it is just if the player decides to make it easier for themselves or not.

This is one of those games that doesn't need an easy mode. It can be made easy enough on its own.
Terraria has a linked system between skill and preparation. These two things go hand and hand and determines how difficult the game will be for the player.
A more skilled player will generally have lesser needs of preparations in order to enjoy the game on a comfortable difficulty level. In other cases, there will be less skilled players, so they will generally get more things to make the game easier for them(better armor, weapons, accessories, arena setups, etc.). There are so many things in the game you can use to your advantage to make the game suitable to YOUR skill level. If you are not quite fond of how easy it is, that's why there is Expert mode and many limitations you can impose on yourself.

Terraria can already be made easy enough, it is just if the player decides to make it easier for themselves or not.
It's not just made to be easier, it's also made to have a bit faster gameplay.

Sure, some people beat it in 90 minutes, but not everyone. My first playthrough took like a month ( a few hours a day)
It was fun, but got boring a bit.

I like the concept, but I feel some items shouldn't be available (as there are more items in expert mode and whatnot). I would also suggest lower sky islands, as when first starting Terraria those can be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom