PS4 Easy way to beat Golem? I have a Terra Blade and Its still hard.

I struggled the first time too with a Terra Blade, but my second try ripped Golem in 3 minutes.
Classic:
It's quite simple, you wanna build an arena with 3 lines of platforms above the altar with campfires or heart lanterns. Then equip wings of any kind, cloud in a bottle, and hook. You can optionally use Hermes Boots or any other mobility tool.
Expert:
Build the same arena, but only equip wings, hook, and accessories that resist damage. Reforge your accessories to Warding(since you're using Terra Blade).
Master/FTW:
Get the same arena but use items like Sunflowers and Honey. Use the best possible wings you can find, get a dual hook, get the best armor possible(Turtle armor) and reforge everything to Warding. Use a mobility mount if you want.

Killing Golem:
Classic:
Circle round and round the platforms and damage Golem from afar. When Golem jumps to the top gradually, head down to get Golem down again. In his second phase, run left and right on the top platform to fire on the body below. This strategy will kill Golem efficiently without taking much damage.
Expert:
Same thing. Wipe the arms first before initiating the second phase. When Golem jumps to the top go down and lure him down, but do it quick so you don't get stomped.
Master/FTW:
Don't stop swinging the blade, especially on FTW. Wipe the arms first and hook side to side of the arena in the first phase. DO NOT make Golem come down. Just go up and down platforms to lure Golem before hooking. In the second phase go to the top and get Golem up to attack. When the head bursts lasers at you, go down to the bottom. Rinse and repeat to eventually kill Golem.

FTW Golem is notoriously hard to kill. Get feral claws and drink tons of potions before fighting.

Second Attempt I totally got DESTROYED By Golem, I'm talking 3 hits. I have Chlorolophyte Armor, on Classic, yet not even close to second form.

If you're having trouble dodging golem, craft the Grand Design and place actuators and wire in a bunch of the walls, then activate the wires with a lever to make a larger arena. That will probably help you more than anything.

I find it easier to just use wings and fly in semicircles back and forth around Golem. If you're desperate, you can put teleporters at the end of a platform and run in one direction really fast over and over, which dodges a lot of projectiles.

Make sure you have a good summon and use sentries. The Desert Tiger Staff is probably the best summon right now, but Ravens or Sanguine Bats or Deadly Sphere can work well, too. Place down sentries (explosive trap is great); use the nimbus rod, rainbow rod, clinger staff. Use flasks of ichor or venom. Use potions (stoneskin, regeneration, wrath or rage). You probably won't have all of these things (and it would be too hard to use all at once) but the more you get, the faster he'll go down.

Finally, if you're completely stuck, using lifesteal works great. You can use spectre armor with the hood (and a magic weapon like one dropped by dungeon enemies) or vampire knives; the fight takes longer, but you basically can't die.

I struggled the first time too with a Terra Blade, but my second try ripped Golem in 3 minutes.
Classic:
It's quite simple, you wanna build an arena with 3 lines of platforms above the altar with campfires or heart lanterns. Then equip wings of any kind, cloud in a bottle, and hook. You can optionally use Hermes Boots or any other mobility tool.
Expert:
Build the same arena, but only equip wings, hook, and accessories that resist damage. Reforge your accessories to Warding(since you're using Terra Blade).
Master/FTW:
Get the same arena but use items like Sunflowers and Honey. Use the best possible wings you can find, get a dual hook, get the best armor possible(Turtle armor) and reforge everything to Warding. Use a mobility mount if you want.

Killing Golem:
Classic:
Circle round and round the platforms and damage Golem from afar. When Golem jumps to the top gradually, head down to get Golem down again. In his second phase, run left and right on the top platform to fire on the body below. This strategy will kill Golem efficiently without taking much damage.
Expert:
Same thing. Wipe the arms first before initiating the second phase. When Golem jumps to the top go down and lure him down, but do it quick so you don't get stomped.
Master/FTW:
Don't stop swinging the blade, especially on FTW. Wipe the arms first and hook side to side of the arena in the first phase. DO NOT make Golem come down. Just go up and down platforms to lure Golem before hooking. In the second phase go to the top and get Golem up to attack. When the head bursts lasers at you, go down to the bottom. Rinse and repeat to eventually kill Golem.

FTW Golem is notoriously hard to kill. Get feral claws and drink tons of potions before fighting.
People Say Golem is EASY though.

Back
Top Bottom