Items Eclipse Sigil- Summon the Blood Moon

Is "Eclipse Sigil" a good name for it?

• Total voters

stormconure

Duke Fishron
The Blood Moon is one of the only events in the game that currently doesn't have a way to trigger it manually. I realize that most of the time the Blood Moon is sort of an annoyance and nobody ever wants it to happen, but... there's some semi-decent loot to be gained from fighting the Blood Moon (looking at you, Clown- Bananarang is OP AF), and it's really annoying to wait for one to happen if you want access to said loot.

So here's my solution.
---
EclipseSigil.png
(ok so maybe I should've recruited someone else to sprite it but you get the idea)
Eclipse Sigil*
Summons the Blood Moon.
Crafting:
Rotten_Chunk.png
/
Vertebrae.png
(x3) +
Vile_Mushroom.png
/
Vicious_Mushroom.png
(x3) +
Wood.png
(x5) +
Silk.png
(x2)
Crafting Station:
Demon_Altar.png
/
Crimson_Altar.png

Basically, it works the same way as the Solar Tablet- use it during the day and the next night will be a Blood Moon, or use it at night and it becomes a Blood Moon.

*The reason I named it "Eclipse Sigil" is that in real life, a "Blood Moon" is the nickname for the time during the Lunar Eclipse that the moon appears to glow bright reddish orange.

I know, like I said, the Blood Moon isn't something everyone wants to happen all the time. But, in the times that you do want one, it doesn't hurt to have a way to instantly trigger it, right? Let me know what you think!

I really like this idea! The only thing I would change is the name. I get why you called it that, but it kind of sounds like something that would summon a solar eclipse. Maybe Bloody Sigil would work? Anyways, it's your suggestion, and you have my support!
Eh, I did consider that... How about this, I'll make a poll asking if I should change it. I really like the sound of "Eclipse Sigil" but I see how it could be confusing...

I think Sanguine Sigil is better than Bloody Sigil, because the latter sounds more Crimson than
Blood Moon-y. Also, the image originally posted doesn't look like a Sigil; more like a banner, but the image isn't the most important thing.

I like this idea! Not going to lie, I never new the bananarangs came from the clowns.
I think the crafting recipe is a bit cheap though, maybe double the mushrooms or the flesh/vertebrae.
as for the name, I'm going to have to go with the bloody sigil or sanguine sigil, but I had to look up what sanguine was to know what it, well, was. So maybe not sanguine.

I award you the first ever,
dq82Edk.gif

Support for this idea is imbued with the jam

I agree that it would be cool to manually summon it. Perhaps you can only do it at certain moon phases. Like new and full? Also, a name suggestion could be 'Vampire Sigil' or something.

I agree that it would be cool to manually summon it. Perhaps you can only do it at certain moon phases. Like new and full? Also, a name suggestion could be 'Vampire Sigil' or something.
Vampires come from the Solar Eclipse.

Maybe "Blood Moon Medallion", to go with the Pumpkin Moon Summon?

Vampires come from the Solar Eclipse.

Maybe "Blood Moon Medallion", to go with the Pumpkin Moon Summon?

I know that vampires come from the Solar Eclipse, however seeing as the eclipse item is named after itself, 'Vampire' would quite clearly refer to the blood moon

I think this idea sounds awesome. I like the name Bloody sigil, but its the mechanics that impresses me the most. Can't tell you how many nights i've waited for a blood moon... perhaps an item to prevent them would be cool too. (If it doesn't already exist...)

Definitely a handy potential item to have, but I have no clue what the proposed crafting recipe is. Is the image hosting website broken?

I think we could figure out a better name if just made the summoning item look like something else, like “Suspicious Looking Cheese”, and adjusted the crafting recipe from there. I’ve no complaints with “Sanguine Sigil”, though.

Back
Top Bottom