Editing AI?

Saobie

Terrarian
So, im brand new to coding and modding and through help online, tutorials, and a book i was lent i made 4 weapons (the bow doesnt work) and 4 bosses (one of them doesnt spawn)

2 of the bosses use AI from existing bosses since those bosses AI are as close to what i wanted as possible. One of my bosses uses Retinazers AI, and one uses the eye of cthulu

Heres the thing. I dont want the one using Retinazer AI to shoot lasers, and it needs to deal less damage. and i dont want the one using eye of cthuu to spawn cthulu servents (id have it spawn something else but idk how to make custom enemies)

Is there a place i can find the AI scripts for bosses so i can edit what i need to? Would that even be something i should bother attempting, given my lack of experience?

So, im brand new to coding and modding and through help online, tutorials, and a book i was lent i made 4 weapons (the bow doesnt work) and 4 bosses (one of them doesnt spawn)

2 of the bosses use AI from existing bosses since those bosses AI are as close to what i wanted as possible. One of my bosses uses Retinazers AI, and one uses the eye of cthulu

Heres the thing. I dont want the one using Retinazer AI to shoot lasers, and it needs to deal less damage. and i dont want the one using eye of cthuu to spawn cthulu servents (id have it spawn something else but idk how to make custom enemies)

Is there a place i can find the AI scripts for bosses so i can edit what i need to? Would that even be something i should bother attempting, given my lack of experience?
You can always attempt.

You can use ilSpy program to look inside the code for it. All the NPCs are by ID so be sure to use https://github.com/blushiemagic/tModLoader/wiki to get the IDs you want to check out. To use ilSpy, just drag Terraria.exe into the window and it will show up in the panel to the left, you can then look at codestuffs.

Sorry i havnt seen this til now. This is going to be a lot of help! Iv already got ID's for npcs, sounds, dusts, etc all bookmarked so with this new tool hopefully i can make bosses function like existing ones, but edit them to work like how i want them to

Back
Top Bottom