Effective Duke Fishron AFK farming + Truffle Worm AFK Farming

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
I present a very easy-to-build AFK Duke Fishron farm and Truffle Worm farm. I explain the farms in the following video, and demonstrate their effectiveness:

Video:

Duke Fishron AFK Autofarm:

7SD2hcy.jpg

As I mention in the video, the Fishron farm uses a fairly low number of spear traps, but more spear traps can be added if you wish to farm up more of them in Lihzahrd Temple runs. Other traps should *not* be used, since all traps do piercing damage and piercing damage is capped at 6 hits per second. A mix of traps would all interfere with one another, and other trap types would lower the DPS of the spear traps. The four spear trap batteries are strategically positioned to hit Fishron at locations where he usually pauses after attacks. To boost the damage against Fishron, it is advisable to use minions as well - Ravens or Pygmies work very well (Sharknados should be avoided though, since they can kill your slime). In the video I show the power of Pygmies.

The farm uses a slime statue to protect against Fishron damage. For the slime to gain damage priority over Fishron and the Sharknados/Bubbles, it must be summoned ahead of any other mobs spawning in the world. While this can be accomplished by blocking spawns near the arena, that would take way too much work, so I present a much simpler option: when teleporting into the arena from spawn point, the wire connecting the two teleporters is extended to the slime statue, summoning the slime the instant the player teleports in. However, it is important to do this the moment you enter the world to prevent anything from spawning near the departure teleporter. Alternately, if your teleporter is at home base with lots of NPCs around, those NPCs can effectively block spawns.

Truffle Worm Autofarm (Ideal):

3I02cqp.jpg

3ZRKoeT.jpg

The Truffle Worm autofarm should be built in the jungle biome in the stone layer. With a mounted Water Candle and a fast kill rate, the spawn rate reaches a cap of 60 (which corresponds to 1/60th of a chance to spawn a mob every 1/60th of a second). It is best to have one long flat surface and open space directly above that surface stretching upwards of 45 tiles. Spawns can initiate in mid-air, so multiple spawn platforms are not necessary and would in fact slightly lower the spawn rate. Beneath the pit the ground is filled with dirt 45 tiles deep, but the dirt can also be replaced by open space with lava at the bottom to block spawns. I show the lava approach in the video since it's easier to make.

The Truffle Worms will spawn on the mushroom grass surfaces, and crawl towards the player pit. The player needs to be standing on the pit floor that is at least 11 tiles from the surface - any closer and the worms will run away instead of falling into the pit. Since the net autoswings, weighing down or rubber-banding the left mouse button will allow for automatic worm collection.

To generate a very high kill rate, a super dart trap battery powered by a bird engine is used. The bird engine consists of a bird that is summoned from a statue, passing over 28 pressure plates connected to dart traps actuated into the background. The 28th pressure plate connects back to the bird statue, summoning another bird to continue the process of activating the dart traps at regular intervals. All birds fly to the end of the tunnel and are killed by a dart trap there. While 28 dart traps guarantee reaching the hit cap of 6 hits per second, you can get very close to the hit cap with only 14 dart traps.

There are also chambers that flood with spiky balls just below the spawn surfaces to kill off any fungi bulbs (the bulbs dip below the surface, out of reach of the darts).

6 Hardmode Boss Arenas:

The video also shows how you can take down all 6 hardmode bosses simultaneously using an AFK arena, and also by fighting them fairly. The AFK arena looks like this:

40sH9aK.jpg

A teleporter connects to an artificial jungle below the arena to spawn Plantera Bulbs:

5ED03093384EC7A657F95BD12EA14397BEE88D18

Credit to TehLemmings on reddit for suggesting this efficient design!

The massive arena I use to fight bosses without traps or minions looks like this:

0aJ9Z9W.jpg

The arena is built at 0 altitude so that Plantera Bulbs can spawn on the jungle grass below - up to 2 bulbs can spawn at any one time. The rightmost end of the arena is in the ocean biome, and a pool constructed there can be used to summon Fishron (Fishron doesn't have to be summoned from the ocean!)

World Downloads:

Ultimate Hardmode World v8.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b_4cIU1vVBMFczT2JNWmFtbm8/view?usp=sharing
Plantera + Fishron Farms v2.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b_4cIU1vVBWHk0LUZGRTJyUWc/view?usp=sharing

I present a very easy-to-build AFK Duke Fishron farm and Truffle Worm farm. I explain the farms in the following video, and demonstrate their effectiveness:

Video:

Duke Fishron AFK Autofarm:

7SD2hcy.jpg

As I mention in the video, the Fishron farm uses a fairly low number of spear traps, but more spear traps can be added if you wish to farm up more of them in Lihzahrd Temple runs. Other traps should *not* be used, since all traps do piercing damage and piercing damage is capped at 6 hits per second. A mix of traps would all interfere with one another, and other trap types would lower the DPS of the spear traps. The four spear trap batteries are strategically positioned to hit Fishron at locations where he usually pauses after attacks. To boost the damage against Fishron, it is advisable to use minions as well - Ravens or Pygmies work very well (Sharknados should be avoided though, since they can kill your slime). In the video I show the power of Pygmies.

The farm uses a slime statue to protect against Fishron damage. For the slime to gain damage priority over Fishron and the Sharknados/Bubbles, it must be summoned ahead of any other mobs spawning in the world. While this can be accomplished by blocking spawns near the arena, that would take way too much work, so I present a much simpler option: when teleporting into the arena from spawn point, the wire connecting the two teleporters is extended to the slime statue, summoning the slime the instant the player teleports in. However, it is important to do this the moment you enter the world to prevent anything from spawning near the departure teleporter. Alternately, if your teleporter is at home base with lots of NPCs around, those NPCs can effectively block spawns.

Truffle Worm Autofarm (Ideal):

3I02cqp.jpg

3ZRKoeT.jpg

The Truffle Worm autofarm should be built in the jungle biome in the stone layer. With a mounted Water Candle and a fast kill rate, the spawn rate reaches a cap of 60 (which corresponds to 1/60th of a chance to spawn a mob every 1/60th of a second). It is best to have one long flat surface and open space directly above that surface stretching upwards of 45 tiles. Spawns can initiate in mid-air, so multiple spawn platforms are not necessary and would in fact slightly lower the spawn rate. Beneath the pit the ground is filled with dirt 45 tiles deep, but the dirt can also be replaced by open space with lava at the bottom to block spawns. I show the lava approach in the video since it's easier to make.

The Truffle Worms will spawn on the mushroom grass surfaces, and crawl towards the player pit. The player needs to be standing on the pit floor that is at least 11 tiles from the surface - any closer and the worms will run away instead of falling into the pit. Since the net autoswings, weighing down or rubber-banding the left mouse button will allow for automatic worm collection.

To generate a very high kill rate, a super dart trap battery powered by a bird engine is used. The bird engine consists of a bird that is summoned from a statue, passing over 28 pressure plates connected to dart traps actuated into the background. The 28th pressure plate connects back to the bird statue, summoning another bird to continue the process of activating the dart traps at regular intervals. All birds fly to the end of the tunnel and are killed by a dart trap there. While 28 dart traps guarantee reaching the hit cap of 6 hits per second, you can get very close to the hit cap with only 14 dart traps.

There are also chambers that flood with spiky balls just below the spawn surfaces to kill off any fungi bulbs (the bulbs dip below the surface, out of reach of the darts).

6 Hardmode Boss Arenas:

The video also shows how you can take down all 6 hardmode bosses simultaneously using an AFK arena, and also by fighting them fairly. The AFK arena looks like this:

40sH9aK.jpg

A teleporter connects to an artificial jungle below the arena to spawn Plantera Bulbs:

5ED03093384EC7A657F95BD12EA14397BEE88D18

Credit to TehLemmings on reddit for suggesting this efficient design!

The massive arena I use to fight bosses without traps or minions looks like this:

0aJ9Z9W.jpg

The arena is built at 0 altitude so that Plantera Bulbs can spawn on the jungle grass below - up to 2 bulbs can spawn at any one time. The rightmost end of the arena is in the ocean biome, and a pool constructed there can be used to summon Fishron (Fishron doesn't have to be summoned from the ocean!)

World Downloads:

Ultimate Hardmode World v8.0: Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files
Plantera + Fishron Farms v2.0: Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files
I tried to download the world but it's saying access denied

Back
Top Bottom