PC Effortless/Foolproof Pirate Invasion/Solar Eclipse with Video

Xylia

Terrarian
So I got a request for a Pirate Invasion video, and I figured I could turn it into a little mini-guide!

This setup is really easy and can be done by just about anybody, the very moment you hit Hardmode.

To do it, you will need:

1). A pickaxe.
2). A Broadsword-type weapon (I recommend Night's Edge).
3). A Vilethorn.
4). A Pirate Map to call the Pirates.

This can be done as soon as you enter Hardmode and farm the Pirate Map (any enemy in the Ocean can drop it). To do this the easiest, build wooden platforms across the surface of the water and drop ropes down so you can come back up for air easy while you farm the mobs there until a Pirate Map drops. I suggest one or two workbenches with Water Candles for faster spawns.

Once you've got that done, dig yourself an arena like this:

95F357F10BDF36AAE204A36D663F581EE3D0BE73

E31004AF812C9110E432F90525306305D7CB9CC4

You'll note I have a teleporter in there, that isn't required. You could simply knock two of the blocks out (not the grass-less block!) and replace them once you're inside the hidey-hole.

You will want to place a 2-3 block high wall to the left of where I'm standing (as you'll see in the video). I removed this wall because I found it to be annoying when Not farming pirates.

All you need to do now, is Summon the Pirates and stand up against the grass-less block you see in the screenshot and wail away! Be sure to switch to the Vilethorn to kill the Parrots periodically, if you don't the spawns will slow down because there are 10+ parrots bunched up together.

And here's the video:

As you'll see in the video, I use a Cutlass (becuase I do not have a Night's Edge due to me using it to make the Terra Blade) and I use a Nettle Burst (I forgot about the parrots while recording the video, I'm glad I had the Nettle Burst on me). The Vilethorn and Nettle Burst both do essentially the same thing, even if it takes several more swings of the Vilethorn to kill the parrots. The Parrots are relatively weak, and the Vilethorn CAN kill them, it just takes several hits to do so.

You'll note in the video the only time I get hit is when I stop swinging to dig out the Nettle Burst when I realize I forgot about the Parrots. If it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't have gotten hit at any point during the whole encounter. You will also notice that I move all of my accessories and armor over to the Social Slot (which is basically the same as unequipping them) except for the Brick Layer (which does not provide any bonuses in combat) and the Charm of Myths (that I move to my item inventory). Even with me getting hit while having zero armor, it still doesn't hurt all that much.

I've never failed to survive a Pirate Invasion or a Solar Eclipse using this method (you wouldn't want to go naked for the Solar Eclipse because of the Wraiths, but it IS survivable using Molten Armor and Normal Mode Accessories (along with a Night's Edge), using the exact same method as I used in the video for the Pirates.

I would not recommend using this for the Goblin Invasion, mainly because of the goblin sorcerers that can shoot through walls.

EDIT: You will also notice the pink ice underneath the teleporter (and on the minimap). This is for Keymold Farming; I summon pirates to farm Keymolds. This makes me a lot of money and gives me decent chances of seeing keymolds.

Back
Top Bottom