Pixel Art Electroman102’s Pixel Art

Honestly, I use a crappy pixel art maker, so shading is a pain in the :red:. If you want to add shading to them, fine, but I do add shading, it’s just that the slightly blurry image kinda hides it
Then download something like paint.net or even use piskel, which is online?

Suggestion:
If you want decent sprites, try pixelartmaker.com - It's great for beginners (Easy interface, large spriting space, adjustable pixel save size), but you have to have a computer. Likewise with Piskel. I agree with Gigavoir though - don't use GIMP right off the bat.
For my sprites, (which I think are decent), I use pixelartmaker.com for weapons and only switch to Piskel for gifs/redoing a sprite. Gain some exp with PAM, then move to Piskel, and then use GIMP (If you still want to, I only use it to assemble large sprites).

For example, the Kraken sprite I did recently was created in two halves with pixelartmaker.com, then glued together in GIMP, and then finally transferred to Piskel to animate the tentacles.

Suggestion:
If you want decent sprites, try pixelartmaker.com - It's great for beginners (Easy interface, large spriting space, adjustable pixel save size), but you have to have a computer. Likewise with Piskel. I agree with Gigavoir though - don't use GIMP right off the bat.
For my sprites, (which I think are decent), I use pixelartmaker.com for weapons and only switch to Piskel for gifs/redoing a sprite. Gain some exp with PAM, then move to Piskel, and then use GIMP (If you still want to, I only use it to assemble large sprites).

For example, the Kraken sprite I did recently was created in two halves with pixelartmaker.com, then glued together in GIMP, and then finally transferred to Piskel to animate the tentacles.
Thanks!

Suggestion:

Why use three separate programs when you can literally do all of that in piskel or aseprite

Why use three separate programs when you can literally do all of that in Piskel or aseprite

I've always preferred the interface of pixelartmaker over Piskel, however, I only use Piskel for its ability to make gifs. Maybe I should just man up and switch over.

Probably because I've never heard of Aesprite. I'm gonna go check it out and feel like an idiot. Thanks!

EDIT: Ah. Aesprite costs money. That's my only limitation.

(I just don't like the way Piskel's grid interface works. Makes me prone to mistakes when doing 2x2 pixels on a 1x1-pixel work surface. If there's a way to do 1x1 pixel spriting, and then double the size, maybe I would consider Piskel. Still couldn't find a way to do that in Piskel though. :l)

Last edited:
If there's a way to do 1x1 pixel spriting, and then double the size, maybe I would consider Piskel.
upload_2018-8-3_20-26-39.png

Having this checkbox checked will make Piskel scale your sprite when increasing the dimensions, which means you would make the sprite at 1x1 and then scale it to 2x2.
Hope this helps!

I've always preferred the interface of pixelartmaker over Piskel, however, I only use Piskel for its ability to make gifs. Maybe I should just man up and switch over.

Probably because I've never heard of Aesprite. I'm gonna go check it out and feel like an idiot. Thanks!

EDIT: Ah. Aesprite costs money. That's my only limitation.

(I just don't like the way Piskel's grid interface works. Makes me prone to mistakes when doing 2x2 pixels on a 1x1-pixel work surface. If there's a way to do 1x1 pixel spriting, and then double the size, maybe I would consider Piskel. Still couldn't find a way to do that in Piskel though. :l)
Aseprite is free if you compile it yourself. Might not be worth the effort though because I’ve heard complaints about the UI. Overall it’s probably the best spriting program as a program, but piskel is better and more user friendly if you’re just trying to make some small stuff quickly

Aseprite is free if you compile it yourself. Might not be worth the effort though because I’ve heard complaints about the UI. Overall it’s probably the best spriting program as a program, but piskel is better and more user friendly if you’re just trying to make some small stuff quickly
Hmm, might consider it then.

As of now, I probably will just use Piskel and size it up a few times. Well, I'll just give electroman his thread back to post his stuff...

Back
Top Bottom