tModLoader Elemental Unleash - Bluemagic's Endgame Bosses Mod

You'd rather be equipped with Purium Gear, the Purity Shield and items from the Expert SoP than using Calamity gear. Oh yeah, and grinding Expert Spirit of Chaos for the Chaos and Cataclism Boosts for your build and defenses.

You'd rather be equipped with Purium Gear, the Purity Shield and items from the Expert SoP than using Calamity gear. Oh yeah, and grinding Expert Spirit of Chaos for the Chaos and Cataclism Boosts for your build and defenses.

Your defenses matter absolutely none. The ONLY defensively oriented ability you would want is the reduced potion colldown from Charm of Myths or its upgrade, and that's ONLY if you opt in for spamming Rod of Discord during one of the very last attacks. The mount covers all your mobility needs, so boots and wings can be axed, too.

Basically, you just want damage for the fight. Nothing else matters, and to be honest about any weapon works. The probes have relatively low HP, so even just plain old moon lord drops will do the job (I used the purium repeater and SDMG in tag team)

Simple memorization and dodging is all you really need to prevail here, if you got the mount and 2-4 relevent damage emblems you're optimized as far as equipment goes. No need for OP cheat gear.

Actually, Defense allows you to survive some of their attacks, which is a lot. The only attacks from normal SoP that would give me a headache are the Nullification Laser (the worst, as it shuts my gear off), the Portal Spam (Requires good control and timing for not to lose a life) and the vertical lasers (I can make wrong guesses due to reserving my reflexes for the Nullification Laser).

And then again, there are even ways to arm safe spots against the Nullification Laser, even if tiny.

Actually, Defense allows you to survive some of their attacks, which is a lot. The only attacks from normal SoP that would give me a headache are the Nullification Laser (the worst, as it shuts my gear off), the Portal Spam (Requires good control and timing for not to lose a life) and the vertical lasers (I can make wrong guesses due to reserving my reflexes for the Nullification Laser).

And then again, there are even ways to arm safe spots against the Nullification Laser, even if tiny.

Not the rematch. For the first Spirit of Purity, sure, but the angry one everyone's posting about, nope. Every hit is death without exception, and consumes a life.

What about death-avoiding effects, you know, ones that save your life and leave you with a little health?

v1.3.2.2
-Fixed bug where the abomination does not shoot stuff
-Fixed bug where you can teleport in the final boss fight
-Nerfed first phase of the final boss
-Fixed bug where fourth phase of the final boss is too easy on expert mode

Just an emergency bugfix update here; I don't know how the abomination went so long without shooting stuff >.<

What about death-avoiding effects, you know, ones that save your life and leave you with a little health?
That won't work against the rematch version.

Bluey, I thought I'd let you know, but when you take a Purium Anvil with a pickaxe, it spawns three anvils instead of one.

v1.3.2.3
-Fixed bug where mining a purium anvil drops 3 of it
-Lowered purium bar requirements for armor, tools, and elemental purge
-Fixed bug where game slightly freezes when the final boss kills you and you have revival equipment

I just tried it and the ARPG loot mod prefixes which limit the maximum damage you can take don't stop the mod bosses from EU from one shotting you so if anyone is thinking about it, that cheese strat won't work.

I just tried it and the ARPG loot mod prefixes which limit the maximum damage you can take don't stop the mod bosses from EU from one shotting you so if anyone is thinking about it, that cheese strat won't work.
blueshiemagic make his bosses to not be a walk in the park even if you use OP weapons and armors or accesories from other mods such as calamity or fargos mods.

blueshiemagic make his bosses to not be a walk in the park even if you use OP weapons and armors or accesories from other mods such as calamity or fargos mods.
I know his intention but it won't stop me from looking for a loop hole or exploit of some kind.

Ok now I am wondering how the spirit of chaos fight works. I can dodge the lasers and the spinning death beam but then a message appears about heavy pressure, the screen turns white and I auto die to crushing pressure. How do I avoid that?

Last edited:
I know his intention but it won't stop me from looking for a loop hole or exploit of some kind.

Ok now I am wondering how the spirit of chaos fight works. I can dodge the lasers and the spinning death beam but then a message appears about heavy pressure, the screen turns white and I auto die to crushing pressure. How do I avoid that?
well I asked blueshie about the spirit of chaos
the first phase is just avoid the attacks until he change of phase.
the second one was a bit more tricky because I asked her personally how this phase works,and she answer that one of the six "arms" is going to shine to indicate that a laser is going to be fired from that arm, but in order to do damage to the boss you must "trick" the laser to be aimed to the boss.
and the final phase is avoid the attacks to avoid the "supression" debuff that drastically lower your attack power and you have 1 minute once the final phase begins you lose if the time runs out.

but about your question the attack comes from time to time between phases and you must be "inside" the circle that appears once the crushing pressure message appears to avoid wasting your lives and death.

well I asked blueshie about the spirit of chaos
the first phase is just avoid the attacks until he change of phase.
the second one was a bit more tricky because I asked her personally how this phase works,and she answer that one of the six "arms" is going to shine to indicate that a laser is going to be fired from that arm, but in order to do damage to the boss you must "trick" the laser to be aimed to the boss.
and the final phase is avoid the attacks to avoid the "supression" debuff that drastically lower your attack power and you have 1 minute once the final phase begins you lose if the time runs out.

but about your question the attack comes from time to time between phases and you must be "inside" the circle that appears once the crushing pressure message appears to avoid wasting your lives and death.
Oh, that's what that circle was. I thought it just symbolised where the boss arm was going to spawn.

I think if the mod needs any criticism, it's that there's a very stark lack of clarity in terms of how the bosses work.

Here's the issue:
  • Terraria's bosses already function similarly to a bullet hell, but they don't have a DPS cap, and the most complex interactions they have with the player are increasing stats for leaving their biome, or occasionally being invincible with an obvious animation to indicate this invincibility. Think about the Moon Lord's eyes, which close when they can't be damaged.
  • Everything in Terraria is gear based, from DPS to speed and even sometimes health. Your mod includes abilities that functionally ignore equipment, meaning your bosses could theoretically be battled at any time as long as you can do enough damage to be practical. It seems like you also intend the player to be using your mod's mount, which REALLY invalidates the idea that gear matters, because at that point not even movement bonuses are relevant.
  • Since your bosses don't follow Terraria's internal logic, it's very important to be hugely obvious when you're changing the rules.
So, to improve on the issues.
  • If a boss arrives at a DPS cap and can not take additional damage, you should include an animation, like a barrier or some magical effect, to indicate the change. I notice text pops up during the Spirit of Chaos, but a visual indicator will help make it more obvious.
  • I'm not sure what's wrong with the Abomination, but when a using a ranger character it seemed to take very little damage. I think I spent at least fifteen minutes floating around hell gently batting its health away. Someone in this thread suggested you had to be within the white sphere to deal damage properly, but that definitely wasn't indicated. If that's the case, remove that and make it possible to damage the boss from any range. There is no visual way to clearly tell the player that's how that works, so including it as a mechanic is just frustrating design. I HATED this boss because of how long its battle dragged on.
  • I notice the Spirit of Chaos has a move where the entire screen flashes white and I die. Flavor text did appear, but I'd have to do a bit of testing to discern what the flavor text means. Please don't include unavoidable attacks. They're very cheesy and not any fun. In theory, I suspect I was supposed to stop attacking the boss when its flavor text arose - though I could be wrong because it is not clear - but in that case there are too many AoE attacks or summons and there's no way for me to avert the attack.
  • Please don't give bosses the ability to attack a player after their health reaches zero. Fool me once, shame on you. I don't appreciate getting to the end of a boss just to get sucker-punched by a surprise last hit. I didn't fall for it twice, so the shame remains on you.
Aside from that, the mod takes a related yet novel approach. The DPS cap will ensure good equipment can't make your bosses easier, which is arguably not in the proper spirit of the game, but the rewards are very powerful and there's pros and cons to this. It's good work, and I think it would be a lot more fun if you focus any future work on making the bosses more intuitive to the naked eye and basic logic. It's not that anyone's stupid, strictly speaking, but the boss fights put a person under pressure and it's hard to be calm and analytical with minor clues - and I often can't leave my eyes on a written sentence long enough to draw much from it when I'm trying to dodge a spinning laser.

Also - and this isn't important, but it's worth thinking about - do you think that including DPS caps and other "anti-cheese" methods in your bosses makes them internally pointless? The spirit of chaos is post-Moonlord, so if we assume your mod is the only one I'm using, what's the point in beating him twice? He'll be just as hard the second time, and none of his or any of this mod's drops will make your bosses easier to battle. It's like I'm not even getting a reward unless I play Calamity and haven't beaten Yharon yet.

But seriously, can someone tell me what "Chaotic Pressure" is, why it does 1,000,000 damage, and how I avoid it?

-EDIT-

Another thought: don't fill the background with particles that look like enemy attacks. It's so hard to use my eyes to understand anything during the Spirit of Chaos. That boss could use a lot of polish and cleaning. It second phase also sucks to play, because I'm stuck waiting for it to take any actions and the whole battle is confusing enough as it is.

I didn't catch this mentioned when I first made my post, but it's exactly what I'm talking about. You're supposed to always dodge every floating projectile except one. It's a cool concept for an attack, but in execution that is clinically poor design. You can't just do a total 180 on the rules of the game if there's no explanation. Maybe it would work better if half the screen faded white to indicate you need to hop to the other half. NOTHING prepares a player to need to jump into a small, moving projectile for safety.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom