tModLoader Elements Awoken

What would you like me to add into the game?

• Total voters
Slight "bug" report. The Skyline Whirlwind, while counting as wings, shouldn't take up the wing visual slot since they don't put anything on your back, but they do. Presumably the same is with more boot upgrades past them. This results in them hiding things like capes and cloaks when in use.

Bug report- I think you have to fix a bit "Fire knives". They cause a lot of lags when they contact with something.
Also- Void mobs cause so much lag and freezes to my PC. (my PC is not that bad. It is pretty powerful machine)

Also having this issue, any estimate on a fix?
Um... This is a vanilla feature.
The more town NPCs you have, the less monsters will spawn in the area around them.
With mods that add NPCs, this amount can get even higher, causing even less enemies to spawn.

Yes we get that npcs reduce spawns but that isn't the issue here, the issue is no spawns what so ever even during blood moons, invasions etc. You have to go a few hundred tiles away from that location for anything to spawn nearby

Yes we get that npcs reduce spawns but that isn't the issue here, the issue is no spawns what so ever even during blood moons, invasions etc. You have to go a few hundred tiles away from that location for anything to spawn nearby
That's probably caused by Calamity removing spawns near NPCs

Oooooooooooooooookay no idea what happened here.
We beat the Celestials once in our Dedicated Server 2 person Multiplayer.
We summoned them a second time, and before we even saw a boss, from the right of the screen came a LITERAL WALL of approximately every single projectile ever, if every single projectile ever were a fireball.
We died. Also had about 2FPS while dying.
We both reacted with variations on this exact phrase: "What the $#!7."
Due to being awestruck and dumbstruck at the same time, I wasn't able to get a screenshot, so please accept this unartistic representation:
upload_2019-5-29_0-26-44.png

Bug report- I think you have to fix a bit "Fire knives". They cause a lot of lags when they contact with something.
Also- Void mobs cause so much lag and freezes to my PC. (my PC is not that bad. It is pretty powerful machine)
Technically then, it should work, considering we had that bug few updates earlier and it now is fixed.

As for the other bugs, we will look into it.

By the way - the forum is not up to date! Take a look into the discord server or the wiki to see up to date stuff!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is an Enigma or Elements Awoken issue, or a combination of both, so I'm posting it in both places.
I logged into the Dedicated Server I'm running after my partner did. She's using ranged, and has Enigma's Crystallized Magma equipped, which spawns Magma Shard projectiles on critical hits. I am using Magic, and currently equipped with the Thundersoul from EA. I do not have the Crystallized Magma equipped, but when I crit with this weapon, and so far seemingly only this weapon (I've tried numerous), Magma Shards spawn as if she was the one that crit. I assume this has something to do with issues addressing projectile ownership regarding the Thundersoul
My guesses are either:
1. Thundersoul's projectiles "unowned", confusing the Crystallized Magma which doesn't have a case for this, so it spawns the shards anyway. This would moreso be an Enigma issue.
2. Thundersoul's projectiles "unowned", and the game is automatically asigning them to the first player who entered the server since unowned projectiles aren't a thing. This would moreso be an Elements Awoken issue.

I don't know how Terraria is coded, but as an (admittedly ameteur) programmer I would assume it's one of these cases that's the cause.

Edit: On another note, having the Elemental Arcanum, or a number of other accessories, equipped raises a problem unless you have perfect dodging skills.
(Spoiler because following is like, actual spoiler territory)
Trying to spare Azana is practically impossible with a lategame equipment loadout or thorns potion, as any damage to her health counts as an attack regardless of if it was just your counter-defenses or not.
This brings up a larger issue- After she says "Wait, you're not attacking me?", she continues to attack. I feel it would make more sense for her to stop after that point, have kind of an awkward staring contest with you for a little while, then when she realizes you actually intend to spare her, doing the whole vanishing thing, rather than continuing to attack you despite you not attacking her. Though she could resume her normal attack pattern if you attack her after that point instead of waiting alongside her.

In other news, I used up far too many Rotten Eggs to kill the Storyteller. I feel like one should get a reward for killing him with eggs, because he deserves it, the jerk. He forgets I can make his house as terrible as I want. It could be an inescapable torture dungeon... Oh, that's a good idea for next time I have to deal with his presence in a playthrough actually...

Edit 2: The "Mirror of Insight" is missing some stats. Namely, it could potentially show wing stats, and Mana Use % Reduction, and % chance to not consume ammo.

Last edited:
Not sure the cause, but it seems the Dawn of the Void doesn't work in Multiplayer. At the start of night, the Dark Pearl was used. Lighting progressively got darker... And darker... And darker... But no music, no special mobs (aside from like... 4 total over the course of the entire night, mixed with normal enemies) no messages aside from the initial one about it getting colder. Then morning came and everything returned to normal. This is on a dedicated server.

Edit:
Nevermind, those enemies were from Shadows of Abbadon. So zero DotV enemies spawned. At 12 AM I did notice the lighting change again, but again, nothing happened. No enemies, no music, no event.

Last edited:
So may be a bit late but how has no one spoken of how incredibly overpowered the Assassins Knife is? It basically one-shots most enemies in early to mid pre-hardmode.

Worst (or best) of all... Eater of Worlds is a 30 second battle.

So may be a bit late but how has no one spoken of how incredibly overpowered the Assassins Knife is? It basically one-shots most enemies in early to mid pre-hardmode.

don't underestimate the power of the shortsword!

I could have sworn I'd mentioned that thing at some point last time I played the mod... Maybe I forgot to. But yeah, that thing is insanely OP. I've even managed to get it to 1 Use Speed, which means it literally hits every frame at 60FPS. It also drops far too frequently. Granted, I suppose it's somewhat offset by the limited range and front-only hitting if you aren't using Directional Melee but... Yeah.

Wow! That's a good weapon against that boss! I got that knife, but I wasn't expecting that it can be that powerful!

...What does Ancient Decay do? It's inflicted while using the Celestial Idol, but nowhere can I find information on what the heck it is.
EA Wiki? Nothing. Github? The AncientDecay.cs has nothing of use and I can't find it mentioned elsewhere.
The 20% magic damage increase is nice but I'm trying to figure out if the debuff on hit is any good.

Edit:
Also ugh what is with these lategame crafting requirements? 30 Pyroplasm just to summon Volcanox once, when he... she... it?... when Volcanox themself can drop at least as low as 20 (meaning you can't even recoup your losses). Void Leviathan, 50 per? 50 per a lot of things, actually. And the Inferno Spirits only drop 1-3 each. Cue lots of farming in the dungeon. And more farming in the dungeon... and ... you get the point.
And Neutron Fragments. 10 per Volcanox, 10 per Void Leviathan... If I wanted to repeat the Lunar Event over and over and over like a complete masochist I'd play Vanilla trying to get every Moon Lord drop.

Last edited:
Also ugh what is with these lategame crafting requirements? 30 Pyroplasm just to summon Volcanox once, when he... she... it?... when Volcanox themself can drop at least as low as 20 (meaning you can't even recoup your losses). Void Leviathan, 50 per? 50 per a lot of things, actually. And the Inferno Spirits only drop 1-3 each. Cue lots of farming in the dungeon. And more farming in the dungeon... and ... you get the point.
Cue 40+ items that take like like 30+ void levy hearts to make.
Yup, killing that boss atleast 4 times to get enough for the armor and ONE weapon is real fun.
And Neutron Fragments. 10 per Volcanox, 10 per Void Leviathan... If I wanted to repeat the Lunar Event over and over and over like a complete masochist I'd play Vanilla trying to get every Moon Lord drop.
Or you could fight the Celestials post-moonlord, they drop fragments. But I do have to agree having items that take a ton of fragments blow.
I didn't want to repeat this same mistake with my own mod, atleast not like this.

Or you could fight the Celestials post-moonlord, they drop fragments. But I do have to agree having items that take a ton of fragments blow.
I didn't want to repeat this same mistake with my own mod, atleast not like this.
Yeah, I remembered my partner mentioning that after I posted that, so I fought the Celestials 5 times. Only ended up with 40-60ish of each fragment (amount seems pretty random) from all 5 fights, though.

Cue 40+ items that take like like 30+ void levy hearts to make.
Yup, killing that boss atleast 4 times to get enough for the armor and ONE weapon is real fun.
...Oh boy. At least he's a Worm Boss so unless he's been heavily overhauled since last I played, should be relatively easy... aside from crafting all the summoners, ugh.

Back
Top Bottom