Mod help request: Completing major features
This mod is currently in need of help with finishing remaining major features:
Sound emitters : Placeable emitters like the existing dust/gore emitters, but only for sounds. Includes settings for volume, pitch, loop, loop delay variance, etc.
Hologram devices : Placeable devices that can draw any arbitrary game sprite. Includes settings for scale, color, frame, animation, direction, rotation, etc.
- Tile hologram devices (optional): Similar to the above, but for fake terrain/tiles. May be handy for making tile foregrounds, if draw order controls can be implemented.
- Modded dust/gore support: The internal design only works with dust/gore id numbers, which is not suitable for modded use. I need to refactor the design to use class names (or some other unique identifier) instead.
Contributors will, obviously, need to be adept tML C# programmers, and know how to PR to existing mod projects (I made a rudimentary guide here: tModLoader - Mod Helpers
). Creativity, good communication ability, and patience with trial and error will also be needed. Expect a week of work, in the best case. Realistically more like a month.
Besides the above missing features, the mod is currently released (see links), but may need a bit more MP testing in its current form.
The project works on a contributory basis, though I'm technically the leader. I'll handle all PR merges and needed edits. Simply pick a feature from the above list, and start implementing it. If needed, I will help with setting up any UIs, defining config settings, Mod Helpers use, or troubleshooting.
- Mod homepage (here): tModLoader - Emitters - Placeable and configurable particle ("dust") and gore emitter devices
- Terraria Sound Suite (for reference): Terraria Sound Suite - Customize all ingame sounds (and more)
- Basic PR guide (for reference): tModLoader - Mod Helpers #modders