Emoticon Creator

It works! Fully! :D

I just have to figure out how to make a Windows build.

miniek: I've added your suggestion into 2.2.

Last edited:
Emoticon Creator 2.2 Beta 1
"a technical update to test out the new tinting engine and animation"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7h92gv3pwkjbyjd/Emoticon Creator 2.2 Beta.zip?dl=0
https://mega.nz/#!o41WmZzL!DR8iMCyyCs8o93mZQrxCRPfckCg6VfeOjfkIhi4T1no

Known thingies:
  • When saving a .gif, a command prompt may pop up for a few seconds. This is completely normal, as it is trying to execute the command to merge all the sprites into one. The command it executes is "convert.exe -delay 12 -loop 0 gifECAnimationTemp*.png [filename]". In other words, I'm not evil. This is a workaround for me being unable to compile a library for Windows.
  • Yes, the hat is glitched, I will see what's up with that for the next beta.
This is mostly an animation update, but please take a look at the new and improved tinting engine, that makes your sprite not look like jello. Also, please nag Jestex to create more sprites so you all have more things to animate with. Sprites are not final and a lot of them are just test ones. I am not responsible if this update eats your dog.

To create greyscale (aka "black" or "white" skin colour) sprites, simply drag the Hue slider all the way to the right, then adjust the saturation and brightness as you wish.

Last edited:
I downloaded emoticon creator 2.1.0 on windows 7 and placed to folder on my desktop. when I went to open it it wouldn't open.I went to delete the folder to redownload it, thinking it was corrupted, but there was a process running for it that was doing nothing but keeping me from deleting the folder, and when I tried to end the process, it would not end. I had to restart my computer to delete the folder. Logging out did not work. this happened when I updated it using the 1.21 versions update tool AND when I downloaded it from dropbox. Is anyone else experiencing this error? or could it be a problem with my computer?

That's a weird issue.

Firstly, I would make sure that you are using 7-zip. Other people had issues extracting the archive with other programs.
Make sure your folder structure when extracted should look something like this:

sprites/
EmoticonCreator.exe

If you lack the necessary files, the program will start doing all kinds of weirdness. The Emoticon Creator 1 updater was notoriously unreliable and should be avoided :p
If you can, try a different computer. Try running with administrator rights.

Once you have tried this, and it still doesn't work, come back to me and I can look into it more :)

*grumbles to himself for not making a web app*

me.png
Finally created me as a emoticon

Abraham lincoln.png and others

Last edited:
I don't get the emoticoncreator1.2.exe when I donload it so I can't start the programm. I only have the pictures :(

I can not get it is it a glitch or what all websites for windows dont work Idont know why but can someone help this seems really cool.
[doublepost=1464756156,1464755597][/doublepost]I cant donwload it it seems like a glitch but this thing seem really cool.
[doublepost=1464756255][/doublepost]Sorry lag i though 1 posted but they both did at same time and sorry for the bad download i said donwload.
[doublepost=1464756431][/doublepost]Ahh i think i got the download page now sorry.

Back
Top Bottom