NPCs & Enemies Emperor of the seas, the Leviathan!

I don't remember why I made the leviathan drop pearls, should it drop horns instead?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinelord

Official Terrarian
The leviathan is a post-duke fishron enemy that spawns in the ocean. That's right, not post plantera, golem, or mechs, post Duke Fishron. Duke fishron should not drop souls nor scales for making equipment, that doesn't make sense after looking at its current drop table. I'd rather see the death of a most likely apex predator bring new creatures from the abyss out of their hiding, ones that drop useful materials and items. That new creature is a leviathan.

Leviathan
Sea Serpent.png

Worm AI
Health: 7,500
He can leave the water, but slows down a lot and cannot swim through blocks like it can water. If it gets too far from the water it will crawl back to it.

Drops:
Pearls 100%
Ocean Pearl.png

(1-5)
Leviathan Head
Serpent Head.png

Damage: 86
Defense: 40
Shoots bubbles if you are far away. Bubbles do 40 damage.

Leviathan Limbs and Body
Serpent Leg.png
Serpent Body 1.png
Serpent Body 2.png
Serpent Body 3.png

Can now shoot lightning for 90 damage out if its fins occasionally.
Damage: 70
Defense: 50

Leviathan Tail
Serpent Tail.png

Damage:
Because everything in this game makes hardly any sense, you can use the dropped pearls to make Leviathan armor.

Leviathan Armor
Emperor Crown Armor.png
Emperor Helmet Armor.png

Recipes:
Emperor Crown.png
Crown:
Ocean Pearl.png
(2),
Coral.png
(15)

Emperor Helmet.png
Helmet:
Ocean Pearl.png
(2),
Coral.png
(15)

Emperor Scalemail.png
Scale Mail:
Ocean Pearl.png
(5),
Coral.png
(50)

Emperor Leggings.png
Leggings:
Ocean Pearl.png
(3),
Coral.png
(25)
Emperor Crown.png
: 20 Defense, +5% damage
Emperor Helmet.png
: 15 Defense, glows.
Emperor Scalemail.png
: 25 Defense, +5% critical chance.
Emperor Leggings.png
: 15 Defense, +10% movement speed, full mobility underwater.

Set Bonus:
Emperor Helmet Armor.png
: Spawns a whirlpool near enemies randomly, sucking them in for 4 seconds. Gives suffocation to enemies. Does not affect bosses.
Emperor Crown Armor.png
: Strikes a random enemy on the screen with lightning randomly. Lightning does 100 damage and has quite a bit of knockback.

You can make weapons too.

Poseidon's Trident
Poseidon's Trident.png

Recipe:
index.php
(1) +
Adamantite_Bar.png
/
Titanium_Bar.png
(15)

Melee Damage: 70
Use time: 24
Shoots a lightning bolt at the first enemy it hits for 80 damage when you use it. Has a cooldown of 1 second before it can shock something else.

Shock Prod
Shock Prod.png

Recipe:
index.php
(1) +
Hallowed_Bar.png
(12)
Damage: 75
Velocity: 14
Shoots a lightning bolt every second that bounces off of in the direction of 5 enemies before stopping or hitting a wall. Let's say you hit an enemy once with this, the bolt bounces off and goes in the direction of the nearest enemy, but will not home in on it.

So what do you think?
UPDATE: Increased the damage on the weapons.
UPDATE: Made the Leviathan able to leave the water.
UPDATE: Changed Leviathan armor and made lightning strike enemies randomly instead of once every 45 seconds.
UPDATE: Made the leviathan much stronger and it can now shoot lightning from its fins, same lightning that the Leviathan Crown shoots.​

Last edited:
I think "cannot leave the water" is a little harsh, he's going to have a bad time if I just build a platform over the ocean. Maybe allow him to jump out of the water, but can't go through solid blocks, and if he gets stuck he loses a large amt of movement speed and has to crawl back into the water?

I think "cannot leave the water" is a little harsh, he's going to have a bad time if I just build a platform over the ocean. Maybe allow him to jump out of the water, but can't go through solid blocks, and if he gets stuck he loses a large amt of movement speed and has to crawl back into the water?
Okay. Made it able to leave water.

The leviathan is a post-duke fishron enemy that spawns in the ocean. That's right, not post plantera, golem, or mechs, post Duke Fishron. Duke fishron should not drop souls nor scales for making equipment, that doesn't make sense after looking at its current drop table. I'd rather see the death of a most likely apex predator bring new creatures from the abyss out of their hiding, ones that drop useful materials and items. That new creature is a leviathan.

Leviathan
View attachment 35668
Worm AI
Health: 5,000
He can leave the water, but slows down a lot and cannot swim through blocks like it can water. If it gets too far from the water it will crawl back to it.

Drops:
Pearls 100%
View attachment 35677
(1-5)
Leviathan Head
View attachment 35669
Defense: 30
Shoots bubbles if you are far away. Bubbles do 40 damage.

Leviathan Limbs and Body
View attachment 35670 View attachment 35671 View attachment 35672 View attachment 35673
Damage:

Leviathan Tail
View attachment 35674
Damage:
Because everything in this game makes hardly any sense, you can use the dropped pearls to make Leviathan armor.

Leviathan Armor
View attachment 35680 View attachment 35682

View attachment 35681: 20 Defense, +5% damage
View attachment 35683: 15 Defense, glows.
View attachment 35685: 25 Defense, +5% critical chance.
View attachment 35684: 15 Defense, +10% movement speed, full mobility underwater.

Set Bonus:
View attachment 35682: Spawns a whirlpool near enemies randomly, sucking them in. Does not affect bosses.
View attachment 35680: Strikes a random enemy on the screen with lightning every 45 seconds. Lightning does 100 damage and has quite a bit of knockback.

You can make weapons too.

Poseidon's Trident
View attachment 35695
Recipe:
index.php
(1) +
Adamantite_Bar.png
/
Titanium_Bar.png
(15)

Melee Damage: 70
Use time: 24
Shoots a lightning bolt at the first enemy it hits for 80 damage when you use it. Has a cooldown of 1 second before it can shock something else.

Shock Prod
View attachment 35698
Recipe:
index.php
(1) +
Hallowed_Bar.png
(12)
Velocity: 14
Shoots a lightning bolt every second that bounces off of in the direction of 5 enemies before stopping or hitting a wall. Let's say you hit an enemy once with this, the bolt bounces off and goes in the direction of the nearest enemy, but will not home in on it.

So what do you think?
UPDATE: Increased the damage on the weapons.
UPDATE: Made the Leviathan able to leave the water.​
Yes, this is very cool. But how would you summon it?

Ah yes sorry, saw post duke fishron and all that stuff and automatically thought.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425857056][/DOUBLEPOST]But I'm guessing it would be a rare spawn and it would only be able to leave the water for air, well not for air, but if you were over water, it would jump out to try and hit you and them go back down?

But I'm guessing it would be a rare spawn and it would only be able to leave the water for air, well not for air, but if you were over water, it would jump out to try and hit you and them go back down?
Yes, imagine an ice golem that lives in a pineapple under the sea. Just kidding, but it is rare as an ice golem. It only leaves water to get to you should you be on land. If you are in the air or far away from it it will shoot you down using its all mighty bubbles.

Yes, imagine an ice golem that lives in a pineapple under the sea. Just kidding, but it is rare as an ice golem. It only leaves water to get to you should you be on land. If you are in the air or far away from it it will shoot you down using its all mighty bubbles.
By "as rare as the ice golem" do you mean it is a rare spawn when its raining or its just a rare spawn in the ocean?

I really like the artwork for this entire suggestion. I have a soft spot for unique creatures that bulk up a biome's 'ecosystem'.

It is a shame oceans aren't deeper though. This seems like a perfect Cavern depth -> Abyssal enemy suggestion.

How about he spawns more frequently when raining,and if you enter the water,he sometimes has a chance to create a whirlpool to suck you in?
And maybe he can just leap out at you if you are to far away?(he would of course return to the ocean.)

For the armor,45 seconds seems to be too long...
And will the players(armor) made whirlpool do damage?

How about he spawns more frequently when raining,and if you enter the water,he sometimes has a chance to create a whirlpool to suck you in?
And maybe he can just leap out at you if you are to far away?(he would of course return to the ocean.)

For the armor,45 seconds seems to be too long...
And will the players(armor) made whirlpool do damage?
The leviathan is already able to leave the water and the whirlpool doesn't do damage. Though 45 seconds is a bit long huh. Should I make it strike an enemy randomly just like whirlpools?

Last edited:
The leviathan is already able to leave the water and the whirlpool doesn't do damage. Though 45 seconds is a bit long huh. Should I make it strike an enemy randomly just like lightning?
When it leaves the water,I want it to spring out at you,so it travels farther.I would also like it if the whirlpool started doing suffocation damage after a few seconds or so.
And for your last sentence,sure!Would the lightning pierce enemies,though?

When it leaves the water,I want it to spring out at you,so it travels farther.I would also like it if the whirlpool started doing suffocation damage after a few seconds or so.
And for your last sentence,sure!Would the lightning pierce enemies,though?
Sure, why not. To everything you just said.

Isnt this the thing that eats its own tail becuase it is a big as the diameter of earth (in legend and stuff)

Back
Top Bottom