Xbox One Empty World Crashes When Entering Hard Mode

CrazyHornet99

Terrarian
I have a world where I mined out all of the blocks in the world, leaving only the blocks with alters on them and the ash on the hell floor.

I decided to kill the wall of flesh to put the world into hard mode so I could finish emptying the world.

When I summoned it, the WOF was extending up out of sight and I could not damage it from within hell.

I killed myself using the cell phone and then flew to the place on the map that showed the WOF icon

I killed the floating eyeball and it dropped its loot in the box, but before I could pick it up the game froze.

I suspect that the came could not handle being without any blocks to turn into hollowed blocks?
Or maybe it couldn't handle a non existent dungeon?

I have a world where I mined out all of the blocks in the world, leaving only the blocks with alters on them and the ash on the hell floor.

I decided to kill the wall of flesh to put the world into hard mode so I could finish emptying the world.

When I summoned it, the WOF was extending up out of sight and I could not damage it from within hell.

I killed myself using the cell phone and then flew to the place on the map that showed the WOF icon

I killed the floating eyeball and it dropped its loot in the box, but before I could pick it up the game froze.

I suspect that the came could not handle being without any blocks to turn into hollowed blocks?
Or maybe it couldn't handle a non existent dungeon?
Hi there @CrazyHornet99, I believe you are correct that the game cannot move forward and generate the hard mode blocks without any blocks to convert. I don't hold a lot of hope that this world can progress any further in the state its in.

Hi there @CrazyHornet99, I believe you are correct that the game cannot move forward and generate the hard mode blocks without any blocks to convert. I don't hold a lot of hope that this world can progress any further in the state its in.

Would it be able to move forward if I placed a long strip of stone in the world?
It would then have something to convert and I could hopefully move forwards with my monster killing plans.

Would it be able to move forward if I placed a long strip of stone in the world?
It would then have something to convert and I could hopefully move forwards with my monster killing plans.
I doubt it CrazyHornet. You could certainly try, but I worry that it might corrupt your game file one of these times. And Xbox One doesn't allow you to back up your world onto a usb drive for safe keeping just in case.

I doubt it CrazyHornet. You could certainly try, but I worry that it might corrupt your game file one of these times. And Xbox One doesn't allow you to back up your world onto a usb drive for safe keeping just in case.

I think I'll back up my main characters item data to another account and try it
If my world or character gets corrupted then no harm done. It's not like it's the end of the world iif have to start over.

Thank you for your help.

I will post the results when I have finished.

Sadly, yes
I had to delete that world as even after placing a screen high line of sand all the way across the world the game crashed after I killed the wall of flesh.

On the plus side, the strip of sand did cause the wall to stay within hell this time

Sadly, yes
I had to delete that world as even after placing a screen high line of sand all the way across the world the game crashed after I killed the wall of flesh.

On the plus side, the strip of sand did cause the wall to stay within hell this time
What was your plan anyway? Lolol

Back
Top Bottom