Linux Enabling frame skipping causes back button on XBox 360 controller to (mostly) stop working

deoren

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
I've noticed this while playing the Linux version of Terraria (GOG release). The system is a bit older, so I set Frame Skip to on and the back button stops working. I got the same results with setting Frame Skip to subtle. I set the option to off and the back button works again. With frame skipping enabled (either setting), I can spam the back button and occasionally the key press will be recognized, but usually not.

Some details:

• OS is Ubuntu 16.04
  • I've disabled all recent CPU mitigations in order to boost performance (really in order to make the game playable)
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 1 GB video card
  • Terraria v1.4.0.5
  • AMD CPU

I'll gather CPU specifics (in case they're relevant) and post back.

Tested on an older Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Core (Windows 10) and had no side-effects with Frame Skip configured with any setting.

The Ubuntu 16.04 system with the worst of the problems has an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+.

I tested on a Windows 10 laptop with an AMD Athlon(tm) II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.20 GHz and it had some "stickiness" when pressing the back button. Depending on what Frame Skip option was chosen was whether this required 2x presses of the back button or more.

Back
Top Bottom