Items Enchanted Rainstick

Snickerbobble

The Painter
The Enchanted Rain Stick could be fished up inside desert biomes (or maybe found as pyramid loot). When used, it would play a short, soothing rain stick sound and cause a rainstorm, or end it if one is already happening. It wouldn't be consumed when used.

It could also be used to end the Slime Rain event for those bothered by it. Maybe it could also have a 1:10 chance of starting Slime Rain, but only the first use in a day would count, so rapid use wouldn't guarantee Slime Rain.

It feels like it never rains when I want it to, and rains all the time when I don't. We can fast forward time with the Enchanted Sundial, so what about something for rain?

I like the idea. It sounds like a nice utility to have, and something Terraria could use.

Also I always say "I like the idea" because I'm bad at thinking and have no idea what else to say. ;(

One of the things I hate most is getting hit in the face by an Ice Golem's laser...while I fight Moonlord

With that said, I'd love the ability to control rain to some degree so a +1 from me

That is a very good idea, but i totally agree with BryTheGamer, a cooldown of somesort would be better in the use of the item, or even having to find a item to start it.... like, Enchanted Water Crystal?

It's unusual that I'd want to use a stick for anything other than whacking things, but an enchanted stick sounds like a wand. A magic stick. For whacking things with sophistication.

Anyway, yeah. Screwing around with the weather is always good to leave in the hands of a mortal, so why not.

Maybe if it were some sort of placeable instrument (similarly to the Enchanted Sundial) that had a short cooldown, so you couldn't spam it to troll servers.

How would this interact with servers? It needs to have some cooldown, or everyone could use it at the same time and it might turn into a buggy mess. A one minute global cooldown sounds fair. Other than that, this as awesome.

I got about 50 enchanted night crawlers from one rain event, so that got me thinking maybe there should be a cooldown, but then.. I noticed it seems to rain every day or every other day, so.. I dunno. It needs to rain this often here in California!

Maybe a 3 day timer, but you can cancel rain whenever.

It's unusual that I'd want to use a stick for anything other than whacking things, but an enchanted stick sounds like a wand. A magic stick. For whacking things with sophistication.
I went with Rainstick rather than Wand because Rainsticks are an instrument that create a rain-like sound when you tilt it. As it's enchanted, it creates rain when tilted.

I also have one
8AqmgQ7.png

Last edited:
I found a boomstick.
Like a rainstick, but for thunder.

It sounds nothing like thunder.

But yeah, i really like this. (Hey snickerbobble, did you notice that the Chasme in the Creation thing is the old Possessed Guide version?)

It's always raining in my worlds. It's kind of frustrating because I sometimes use the music to tell if it's day or night. Yet I've only received a Slime Rain once per world. They must be very rare? Or does something block them occurring more than once?

An item to summon/cancel rain / Slime Rain would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom