Weapons & Equip End-Game Equipment

Endgame Equipment?

• Total voters

NisseVex

Terrarian
My last post on this wasn't very popular, so I've decided to revise and repost it. I want op end-game armor, but it can't just be a counterintuitive hacking item, it must be logical. It also mustn't be super op, either. Here's what I propose: killing the moon lord in expert mode drops 5 "essence of power", while normal mode moon lord drops one. These are used to create the power armor. I'm not going to touch on the weapons yet, as those are for a different time. This will talk about the armor. For those stats that can't affect the certain weapons, it simply does nothing.

Power mask: 30% melee damage, and crit chance. 60 defense. Enemies are more likely to target you.
Power helmet: 30% ranged damage, and crit chance. 60 defense. Enemies are less likely to target you.
Power headgear: 30% magic damage, and crit chance. 60 defense. 200 more max mana.
Power hat: 35% summoner damage, crit chance and + 3 max minions. 60 defense.
Power breastplate: 25% damage, crit chance and knockback. 70 defense.
Power greaves: 150% all speed, and weapon size. 50 defense.

(Possible) Set bonus(es): Rod of discord has no debuff, 250 more max health, 15% all stat increase, mage - mana weapons 5% life drain, melee - 250% melee damage, also all melee weapons cause day broken debuff, range - stealth mode, where no enemies attack you purposefully at all, 250% all range stats increase, lasts until hurt (upon attacking an enemy, it will target you, and movement speed reduced by 60%), summoner - + 30% max summoner damage and knockback, + 4 max minions

Helmets: 15 essence of power + 150 luminite + 50 all lunar fragments
Breastplate: 25 essence of power + 250 luminite + 65 all lunar fragments
Greaves: 20 essence of power + 200 luminite + 60 all lunar fragments
No sprites. Don't know how to make them, or what they would be. Sorry!

Post what you think! ;)

Last edited:
Luminite armors are kind of enough. They already make you a God since there are no post-Moon Lord enemies and nothing's a threat to you. So this is pretty much useless.
Also nobody's ever going to kill Moon Lord 60 times (assuming they're not in Expert mode).
Sorry but I can't support this. :(

Let me try to help you.

The key to making powerful equipment isn't to making it super grindy and way more powerful than everything else. Make items roughly equal to other items in their tier. No amount of grinding is going to justify something really overpowered. Plus people generally dislike grinding.

Also separating thoughts into different sections would be helpful and will cut down on misunderstandings about your suggestions.

We don't need another grindy endgame armor (seriously- 45 moon lord kills on normal?) on the same tiergate as the current one- nor do I exactly want to de-evolve back into hat-changing (which was all well and good in early hardmode, when your class basically didn't matter, but endgame classes actually make you commit which I assume was intentional in design.)

Also, pretty much all of your armor bonus effects are somehow both overpowered and uncreative at once (none of them actually add any sort of mechanic to the game like the last few endgame armors have- they're just stat boosts/overpowered versions of existing mechanics.)

I see were you're all coming from. Here's my thing. There are many grind things in the game... some people enjoy it, some people do it, others don't. Take the rod of discord. It's a pretty rare item, and it's extremely useful. It requires grinding... some people do it, others just don't. This is also just meant to be simple. I will probably add that this was meant to be made so that, if it detects the set in your inventory, it won't give you another, to avoid counterintuitivity. The reason I made this was not to be op or unfair or overpowered. I made it to be fun, so I could walk around my jungle to get money to reforge my S.D.M.G. without getting swarmed with hornets or getting killed by medusas. I wanted it to be plain, simple, and recreational. I want to not die and get rid of the enemies annoying me. If I want something like this, I thought that there are probably other people who want it too. Again, I see what you all mean, and you can just simply vote against this. I just posted this comment to prevent any misunderstandings. Anyways, post what you think! ;)

you can just simply vote against this.

Okay, disregarding most of what you said since I don't really have time to dissect what I agree with and don't- this forum has an overall aversion to polls. (First of all, your poll is biased- something more reasonable would be "Do you like this idea?" "Yes" "No".) Most of us don't vote on polls- if we like something we'll use the like feature and if we really like something we'll comment on it to express how much we like it. If we dislike something, we reply and explain why we dislike it. Overall it encourages more discussion/allows the creator to fix their mistakes (if they're so inclined) as opposed to just throwing an idea out and having everyone vote.

Okay, disregarding most of what you said since I don't really have time to dissect what I agree with and don't- this forum has an overall aversion to polls. (First of all, your poll is biased- something more reasonable would be "Do you like this idea?" "Yes" "No".) Most of us don't vote on polls- if we like something we'll use the like feature and if we really like something we'll comment on it to express how much we like it. If we dislike something, we reply and explain why we dislike it. Overall it encourages more discussion/allows the creator to fix their mistakes (if they're so inclined) as opposed to just throwing an idea out and having everyone vote.

Let me rephrase that: I never met to literally vote... I just meant that you can simply disagree.

There are many grind things in the game... some people enjoy it, some people do it, others don't.
I can say safely that the majority of people don't. There are so many AFK setups on the forums, people have suggested alternative ways to get items formerly got through RNG, oh and I can think of at least two things that no longer rely on RNG as much.

I can say safely that the majority of people don't. There are so many AFK setups on the forums, people have suggested alternative ways to get items formerly got through RNG, oh and I can think of at least two things that no longer rely on RNG as much.

Some people don't, and that means that some people simply won't try to get it, just like many other things in Terraria. It's completely optional, just like anything else.

Back
Top Bottom