Weapons & Equip End-game Ranged weapons are boring

Battle Bee

Terrarian
Melee users get swords that shoot cats and rain down stars. Magic users get a rainbow death laser. Ranged users get.. a machine gun. And a bad rocket launcher.

The SDMG and Celebration are really uninteresting weapons compared to anything else the Moon Lord drops. Especially the SDMG - it's literally just a Megashark with edited numbers.

I propose some changes to these weapons.

SDMG

A:

+All shots from the SDMG gain a cyan glow and trace, like Chlorophyte bullets. On impact, these bullets zap one nearby enemy with electricity, dealing half the original shot's damage.
*Fire sound edited with an electric crackle.
-Damage reduced.

B:

+The SDMG now shoots twice per shot. Only consumes 1 bullet.
-Damage reduced.
-Only 20% chance to not consume ammo.

Celebration

A:

+Damage significantly increased.
+Range doubled.
+Rockets now leave a trail of confetti. Any enemies caught within this trail are dealt damage. Trails last for quite a while. (~10 seconds)

B:

+On impact or reaching the range limit, rockets split into 2 smaller rockets that shoot upwards, with a bit of inaccuracy. These rockets deal the same amount of damage as the original, and have the same range.
*Smaller rockets, too, explode like fireworks.

These are just concepts, of course, and are not 100% balanced.

I agree, it may be a tad bit boring, but you can't argue against its strength, can you? Vortex Armor + SDMG = 70+ damage per shot. And the Celebration's doing around 200+ damage per rocket. Sure, it's boring, but it's effective.

I like the dolphin gun but the Celebration is the worst weapon in hardcore mode... It could be a guided missile like snowman canon and the double shoot would make it cool but its a really :red: weapon.

I like the dolphin gun but the Celebration is the worst weapon in hardcore mode... It could be a guided missile like snowman canon and the double shoot would make it cool but its a really :red: weapon.
Agreed. The Celebration even has less damage.

Celebration's useful for clearing out smaller mobs during the Pillar event, and the Moon events, but that's really about it. It does deal quite the hefty amount of damage per hit, however, but the low range is rather annoying. A damage/range buff would be nice. (PLEASE GIVE HIGHER PROJECTILE VELOCITY AS WELL.)

As for the S.D.M.G., I think it does need something special. The Vortex Beater is pretty unoriginal too, but at least it has a gimmick to make it seem fresh. They tried. Maybe the Boring Dolphin Machine Gun could make Musket Balls into High-Velocity Bullets, because OCD about irl bullet velocity, and also leave an electric trail as suggested before.

Celebration's useful for clearing out smaller mobs during the Pillar event, and the Moon events, but that's really about it. It does deal quite the hefty amount of damage per hit, however, but the low range is rather annoying. A damage/range buff would be nice. (PLEASE GIVE HIGHER PROJECTILE VELOCITY AS WELL.)

As for the S.D.M.G., I think it does need something special. The Vortex Beater is pretty unoriginal too, but at least it has a gimmick to make it seem fresh. They tried. Maybe the Boring Dolphin Machine Gun could make Musket Balls into High-Velocity Bullets, because OCD about irl bullet velocity, and
also leave an electric trail as suggested before.
Maybe they could make the bullets homing dolphins + bullet effect? XD.

Agreed, while I think SDMG is really strong, it's boring, and it doesn't compare to other end game classes. Their weapons are interesting.
Never has a ranger been told their weapon is pretty cool. Only " that's strong" %:sigh:
[DOUBLEPOST=1436912209,1436912126][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kinda have to agree. I like the Phantasm, but that's because I have an undying love for Bows.
The Phantasm was quite creative and awesome, but the Moon lord doesn't drop anything near as cool for rangers. ;-;

I always thought the Celebration should burst multiple times. After the main rockets burst, ten smaller rockets that shoot out in all directions with the fireworks explosion (small rockets not affected by gravity). Each small rocket goes to the end of the Celebration's normal blast radius, then create smaller explosions for more damage.

With the S.D.M.G; after a bullet hits its target it bursts into smaller bullets that all travel away from the target it hit (about a 2-3 block length) and then loop back around (kind of like how chlorophyte bullets home-in) and all come back and hit the same target again for more damage. Of course the firing rate could be slightly slowed down to compensate for the fact that each bullet would technically be hitting its target twice (if it ends up being too good, that is).

I always thought the Celebration should burst multiple times. After the main rockets burst, ten smaller rockets that shoot out in all directions with the fireworks explosion (small rockets not affected by gravity). Each small rocket goes to the end of the Celebration's normal blast radius, then create smaller explosions for more damage.

With the S.D.M.G; after a bullet hits its target it bursts into smaller bullets that all travel away from the target it hit (about a 2-3 block length) and then loop back around (kind of like how chlorophyte bullets home-in) and all come back and hit the same target again for more damage. Of course the firing rate could be slightly slowed down to compensate for the fact that each bullet would technically be hitting its target twice (if it ends up being too good, that is).
SDMG is just a faster and with more damage Mega Shark... Isn't fun at all. Feels like they were lacking ideas close to end... There could be a Summon Hallowed Helmet don't you guys think? Summoner stil don't having many features and adding new helmets for each ore armor would be useful.

Back
Top Bottom