Weapons & Equip End Game Rapiers

Palinois

Terrarian
I know most people hate the "short swords" or thrusting type weapons but I would like to see some late game ones. An idea for one would be really high damage and crit because of its limited range and something like this comic 1,2,3 (One Punch Man btw). Really fast and powerful attack but can only be used once every (X) attacks/seconds. Normal attacks can only be horizontal but thrust can be any direction.

Any thoughts/Suggestions?

Divine Rapier
Divine_Rapier_icon.png

300 damage
Fast use time
Drops on death

Is this what you mean?​

Thrusting weapons (including spears) have a limited AoE, that's why they fall off in the late game.

Divine Rapier
Divine_Rapier_icon.png

300 damage
Fast use time
Drops on death

Is this what you mean?​

Lol, that would be kind of funny. Just hope mobs can't pick it up. D:

Thrusting weapons (including spears) have a limited AoE, that's why they fall off in the late game.

And thats why they should have semi-rediculous damage. Like a crit should oneshot a Eyezor(1000 hp) in the Eclipse. Really small range except for the "thrust" would somewhat balance it.

Edit: Maybe the Rapiers i'm thinking about should have +Crit Damage multiplier, that way normal hits are average but a crit would absolutely shred most mobs. Makes since IMO because thrusting weapons usually aim for vital areas.

Last edited:
There just isn't a place for shortswords in a stage of the game where enemies are moving so fast and somewhat unpredictably. Early game, it was fine because you had the slimes and zombies which were really easy and slow.

Shortswords become obsolete as soon as you get your first spear. Spears do the same thing, but better and anywhere. The reason why spears such as the Gungnir can still work flawlessly lategame is because their range is enough to not get glued to enemies.

Edit: Maybe the Rapiers i'm thinking about should have +Crit Damage multiplier, that way normal hits are average but a crit would absolutely shred most mobs. Makes since IMO because thrusting weapons usually aim for vital areas.

If critical hits were actually rare, I'd say yes. But they aren't. Your critical is usually in excess of 25% at late-game, peaking over 50% in a lot of cases.

Back
Top Bottom