Items Endgame biome weapon upgrades!

I feel like I had a pretty neat idea, so as you know there are 5 endgame biome weapons. The vampire knives, the scourge of the corrupter, the staff of the frost hydra, the piranha gun, and the rainbow gun.

Now it's really fun to grind for the keys and then obtain these powerful weapons, but eventually you outgrade them once you have better gear. I think there should be an upgraded version of each weapon, crafted at the ancient manipulator using, the weapon, 10 luminite bars, and 15 of each fragment.

And the the upgraded weapon still has the same shape, but has the silverish texture, just like luminite bars. And each weapon would get a decent upgrade, such as.

Vampire knives - Increased damage, range, speed, and life steal percentage, and the ability to steal life from the moonlord, (ignores moon bite).
Scourge of the corrupter - Increased damage, speed, range, and number of eaters spawned.
Piranha gun - Faster speed, more damage, latches on longer.
Rainbow gun - Longer range, less mana used, more damage, faster speed.
Staff of the frost hydra - faster projectile speed, faster projectile fire rate, more damage, less mana used.

I hope you guys like this idea! It would be awesome to use the weapons the upgrade them!
Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Those weapons are meant to be something like "legendary" biome weapons not just a material to use for another weapon. Those are unique enough and I think we don't need to upgrade it.

I don't think the biome chest weapons are 'endgame'. You can get them just after defeating Plantera. I think they're kinda niche items, little things to show off to your friends, not use in combat (except for Vampire Knives. Those things are ridiculous.). We need stats for these upgrades, not just 'better damage and fire rate'. And requiring Luminite and pillar fragments in the recipes is weird, because there isn't anything new after Moon Lord. No new bosses or enemies. That means there really wouldn't be a reason to upgrage these. We would already have Golem drops, Duke Fishron drops, Martian drops, pillar weapons and Moon Lord drops, meaning the biome weapons would probably be at the bottom of some dusty chest, already forgotten.
Overall, no support.

I have to disagree with ALL of these people! I have been thinking of this exact thing for the longest time! I will try to think of some actual stats for these... I will probably have them in a little while :)

Vampire Knives-
- 62 Damage
- 10% Healing effect (compared to the 7.5% from the regular ones)
- Has a spread of about 30 degrees (compared to the 45 degree spread regularly)
- They start to lose power at 36 tiles (Rather than 28) and disappear 33 tiles after that. (Rather than 26)
- They have a higher chance of shooting more knives.

Scourge of the Corrupter-
- 82 Damage
- shoots about 50% faster
- Splits into 4-6 small corruptors
- They can travel about 900 feet

Piranha Gun
- 56 Damage
- Latches on for 2 minutes instead of 1
- Damages enemies about 9 times per second (Rather than 7.5 times)
- Homes in on the enemy upon shooting \

Rainbow Gun
- 60 Magic Damage
- Fired vertically up, the beam will travel straight for approximately 75 blocks before curving.
- Fired 45 degrees, diagonally, the beam will travel approximately 14 blocks before curving.
- Fired horizontally, the beam will travel straight for approximately 45 blocks before curving.
- Fired vertically down, the beam travels straight for a maximum of 800 blocks, then fades.
- Damages enemies 8 times per second rather than 5 times per second.
- Rainbow is 2x thicker.

Staff of the Frost Hydra
- 150 Damage
- Fires a projectile 3 times per second (Much faster than normal)
- Projectile travels 2x faster (In terms of velocity)
- Has a range of about 120 blocks. (Twice as far as normal)

Hope these are somewhat balanced! :D

Hmm. I like the idea, but I disagree with the 'same same but better' approach. There's an opportunity here to make them different. The Vampire Knives could become Vampire Claws. Scourge of the Corruptor could become a thrown weapon that 'explodes' into Eaters on contact. Frost Hydra could become a permanent summon instead of a sentry (similar to Stardust Dragon, but fixed length, less damage and can inflict Chilled).

And so on. Just throwing out some ideas. :)

I think there should be an upgraded version of each weapon, crafted at the ancient manipulator using, the weapon, 20 luminite bars, and 20 of each fragment.
Too much. Bump it down to about 15 fragments + 10 bars -- this is about the average of lunar armour.

I feel like I had a pretty neat idea, so as you know there are 5 endgame biome weapons. The vampire knives, the scourge of the corrupter, the staff of the frost hydra, the piranha gun, and the rainbow gun. Now it's really fun to grind for the keys and then obtain these powerful weapons, but eventually you outgrade them once you have better gear. I think there should be an upgraded version of each weapon, crafted at the ancient manipulator using, the weapon, 20 luminite bars, and 20 of each fragment. And the the upgraded weapon still has the same shape, but has the silverish texture, just like luminite bars. And each weapon would get a decent upgrade, such as.

Vampire knives - Increased damage, range, speed, and life steal percentage, and the ability to steal life from the moonlord, (ignores moon bite).
Scourge of the corrupter - Increased damage, speed, range, and number of eaters spawned.
Piranha gun - Faster speed, more damage, latches on longer.
Rainbow gun - Longer range, less mana used, more damage, faster speed.
Staff of the frost hydra - faster projectile speed, faster projectile fire rate, more damage, less mana used.

I hope you guys like this idea! It would be awesome to use the weapons the upgrade them!
Thanks for reading
I don't think the Vampire Knives need a buff. I see them being viable throughout the entire end game. Their damage is low, but the life-steal, and high speed make up for that. Vampire Knives are definitely more of a support weapon. Also, making the upgraded knives ignore moon bite would be over powered. The Moon Lord is supposed to be a challenge, and right now, he is. This change would make you basically invincible against him. I also agree with Sigma90 on this. The weapons shouldn't just be better, but should have an additional ability.

Ok yeah an extra ability would be perfect, but on the knives, there isn't really an ability that would make sense, the only one would be life steal from the moon lord, it makes sense, and it wouldn't be overpowered, Because of the moon lords high damaging attacks, it wouldn't be that effective, just like it's extremely hard killing duke fishing with them too, the only reason I think this would be cool is that it's more of a justice ability if you know what I mean, since they are upgraded with bars from the moon, it counteracts the moon bite. Also, it would be a challenge beating the moon lord with them.

but on the knives, there isn't really an ability that would make sense, the only one would be life steal from the moon lord, it makes sense, and it wouldn't be overpowered, Because of the moon lords high damaging attacks, it wouldn't be that effective, just like it's extremely hard killing duke fishing with them too
Not really. Before they nerfed fixed the Moon Bite ability, you could kill Moon Lord by standing still and using Vampire Knives. Just boost your melee damage a little. Duke Fishron is also very easy to kill with V-Knives. Then again, Fishron is easy to kill with any thrown/ranged weapon provided you have mobility.

Only Golem, Fishron, Mourning Wood, Everscream and Santa NK-1 can't be killed by standing still and using V-Knives. That's because their contact damage is greater than the healing.

Like I said before: if you can't change the ability, consider changing the weapon instead. :)

Not really. Before they nerfed fixed the Moon Bite ability, you could kill Moon Lord by standing still and using Vampire Knives. Just boost your melee damage a little. Duke Fishron is also very easy to kill with V-Knives. Then again, Fishron is easy to kill with any thrown/ranged weapon provided you have mobility.

Only Golem, Fishron, Mourning Wood, Everscream and Santa NK-1 can't be killed by standing still and using V-Knives. That's because their contact damage is greater than the healing.

Like I said before: if you can't change the ability, consider changing the weapon instead. :)

Duke's contact damage is insane, plus right now, about the moon lord, people just spam heal from the nurse to survive the fight, if you beat the moonlord, you should be able to counter moon bite, aka new vampire knives :)

Moon bite is a counter to lifesteal. Negating that is like negating an attack.
Well, if you have beaten the Moon Lord, then you deserve to be able to survive it easier, because instead of just making a big fuss to farm it for drops, I think most people would just use the nurse all the other times. (That's what I did and I beat it the first time completely legit)

Well, if you have beaten the Moon Lord, then you deserve to be able to survive it easier, because instead of just making a big fuss to farm it for drops, I think most people would just use the nurse all the other times. (That's what I did and I beat it the first time completely legit)
You already get to survive it easier. With a drop from the moon lord, and the portal gun.

What I'm saying is that the debuff is half the attack. You shouldn't be able to negate it. It'll become trivial, especially since the most defensive armor provides huge boosts to the damage.

Back
Top Bottom