Weapons & Equip Endgame boomerang [Nostalgia]

The__Bird

Golem
At the beginning of every world you make in terraria with a new character, chanced are you ran into a wooden boomerang at some point. You used it to kill zombies, skeletons, slimes, and even pinky or an undead miner. Then, it became obsolete. Then you found the enchanted boomerang, and used it to kill EOC! Then it become obsolete. Then, the ice boomerang first, then flamearang made your comeback, until hardmode starts. Now, your trying to figure out what the best way to beat the frost moon would be, and those boomerangs are sitting at the bottom of your old bases junk chest. I just fixed that

Suspicious looking boomerang
Damage: 74
Knockback: 8
Velocity: 11
Rarity: Yellow
Use time: 10
Obtained by: Crafted at a celestium anvil with 20 spooky wood, 1 wooden boomerang, 1 enchanted boomerang, 1 ice boomerang, 1 flamarang, and 1 bananarang

Also so this thread isn't just a hardmode boomerang, here are some other endgame accessories

Plant spike
Obtained by: Dropped by plantera (10% chance)
Rarity: Lime
Tooltip: Causes enemies to take damage when they deal melee damage to you

Ankh tower shield
Obtained by: Crafted at a tinkers workshop with 1 ankh shield, and 1 plant spike
Rarity: Yellow
Tooltip: Makes you immune to most anything. Melee attackers also take damage

Ruined rally flag
Obtained by: Found in gold chests in the dungeon
Rarity: Green
Tooltip: Grants increased life regeneration to all nearby team members, and yourself

Rally flag
Obtained by: Crafted at an iron anvil with 1 ruined rally flag, and 20 silk
Tooltip: Provides greatly increased life regeneration to all nearby team members, and yourself

Gilded rally flag
Obtained by: At an iron anvil with a rally flag, and 5 gold bars
Tooltip: Provides greatly increased life regeneration and +5 defense to all nearby team members, and yourself

I definitely support more boomerangs, especially in hardmode, but I'm not sure how a Ankh tower shield would work at all...

I don't think the Ankh Shield should be involved in yet another recipe nor have it become even more powerful. So it'd be best if the spike would be stuck on something else.

Boomerang... There's the Paladin's Hammer like Razor Knight said, as well as the Possessed Hatchet. Probably others that I'm forgetting. Oh yeah, light discs and bananas. Sure, they're not boomerang shaped, except the bananas, but do they really need to be?

I like the flag though and would welcome more items (like the Paladin's Shield) that help players survive as a team.

The ankh shield is already OP. 4 defense and immunity to like every debuff except fire. Adding damage reflection is cheap. Other than that this is good

The ankh shield is already OP. 4 defense and immunity to like every debuff except fire. Adding damage reflection is cheap. Other than that this is good
Why does everybody say the ankh shield is OP....

It isn't OP, it is convenient. 4 defense isn't mush considering how little the thing helps in an event or boss fight (except maybe pumpkin moon as there are more debuffs involved). I'd much rather use a paladin's shield or extra damage accessory over the ankh.

Why does everybody say the ankh shield is OP....

It isn't OP, it is convenient. 4 defense isn't mush considering how little the thing helps in an event or boss fight (except maybe pumpkin moon as there are more debuffs involved). I'd much rather use a paladin's shield or extra damage accessory over the ankh.
The ankh shield isn't overpowered simply because it extremely hard to get.

Back
Top Bottom