PC Endgame Bullet Dilemma

Chlorophyte Bullets or Luminite Bullets?

• Chlorophyte

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Luminite

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragged

Terrarian
I want to know which bullets you prefer. Luminite has higher damaged and pierces but Chlorophyte bullets home in on enemies but has half the damage of Luminite bullets.

They both suck.

Not in terms of them sucking or anything, Luminite pierces like hell and destroys multi-part enemies (seems to have a higher pierce-rate than normal piercing projectiles) and Chlorophyte allows you to completely focus on dodging rather than aiming. Still, no matter what, Crystal Bullets still deal the best dps.

Can't say I'd relish the idea of repeatedly killing Moon Lord just for a supply of piercing bullets, lol.

Gimme Ichor or Crystal anyday. Ichor if you're not going full ranged setup (that Debuff really helps meanwhile the Crystal Bullets' shards only do 1-2 damage each). Especially since they buffed the Ichor Bullet recipe (1 Ichor per 150 bullets).

Crystal Bullets will always be my go-to ammunition. They're just so much more fun to use than Chlorophyte and seeing the criticals pop up constantly is fun.

Of the two offered options, I'll go with Chlorophyte. Homing beats piercing, because I have things like the Pulse Bow for that, or a rocket weapon. Crystal Bullets are the best though.
Plus, despite the very efficient crafting recipe (12 Luminite Ore= 1 stack), the endgame guns burn through ammo. Luminite arrows suffer less, because pretty much the only bow worth using endgame (the Phantasm) has a 66% ammo usage reduction. Combine that with 25% from a Shroomite or Vortex chestpiece, and presumably 20% from an Ammo Box, and you use practically no ammo.

Crystal Bullets will always be my go-to ammunition. They're just so much more fun to use than Chlorophyte and seeing the criticals pop up constantly is fun.

Single Target Damage test
2015-07-06_00003.jpg
crystal - 2.4k dps
2015-07-06_00004.jpg

chlorophyte - 1.6k dps
2015-07-06_00005.jpg

luminite - 1.9k dps

crystal > luminite > chlorophyte

Okay, I'm convinced. Now I need to find a Truffle Worm.

Stand inside the target dummy before shooting crystal and look at your dps having a seizure. Also raw damage bonuses make crytsal bullets even more terrifying.

2015-07-06_00006.jpg

Vortex Armor - sniper scope, ranger emblem, destroyer emblem, avenger emblem, ankh shield, all menacing
SDMG = 103% raw dmg increase

DPS
2015-07-06_00007.jpg

Yep, you're right

That's it? I hit 11k dps with last prism. Magic dps ogrelords.

Yeah, but how long can you SUSTAIN that DPS? You empty your magic meter in seconds... then you gotta wait before another burst. Meanwhile that SDMG is continually firing and firing and firing and firing...

What if we combined the two?

It would do 75% of the Illuminati bullet's damage and would have a more inaccurate homing ability.

Yeah, but how long can you SUSTAIN that DPS? You empty your magic meter in seconds... then you gotta wait before another burst. Meanwhile that SDMG is continually firing and firing and firing and firing...
Mana flowers. I can maintain just short of that for as long as I want. Plus the +45% damage on nebula armor. The 11k was without the boosts.

They both suck.

Not in terms of them sucking or anything, Luminite pierces like hell and destroys multi-part enemies (seems to have a higher pierce-rate than normal piercing projectiles) and Chlorophyte allows you to completely focus on dodging rather than aiming. Still, no matter what, Crystal Bullets still deal the best dps.
How is it possible? I thought there was a max number of times you can hit a mob in any time frame. Or is that just piercing.

How is it possible? I thought there was a max number of times you can hit a mob in any time frame. Or is that just piercing.

I would assume that something like a crystal bullet counts up all the hits as one hit. I noticed this with the Solar Eruption weapon.

You hit the mob for 1 hit, then an explosion happens simultaneously and gives you a 2nd hit. (that's why its damage is listed so much lower than Daybreak's, you get 2 hits with one). I assume that both hits are counted as a single instance of taking damage and the damage numbers are displayed as two hits.

I assume the same happens with crystal bullets?

It's only for piercing (and the rate is 6 hits/second). Nonpiercing weapons (including melee) can hit as often as you can attack. Try Fetid Baghnakhs with max melee speed to see this in action (and get 9k+ dps).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom