PC Endgame Ranged Loadout

Bade

Official Terrarian
I'm looking at making an endgame ranger loadout, with as little compromise as possible. However the problem is I have no idea where to start because I've barely ever even used a gun in Terraria. What's the best ranged kit to have endgame? And what equips, armour and weapons work best?

Please, if there's any pro gunslingers out there... ;)

Sure, I'll suggest a few things. The thing about ranger is that the best loadouts don't only use guns, but a mix of guns, bows and rocket launchers.
Vortex Armor is the armor you want at endgame. It's stealth mechanic is ridiculously powerful. Other good armors for rangers are Shroomite, Titanium, and Crimson.

Accessories:
Wings are important.
Magic Quiver and/or Sniper Scope, they boost raw damage.
Celestial Shell, it's good for all classes.
Master Ninja Gear, dashing is useful and the black belt effect boosts survivability.
Final slot is your preference. I personally use a Worm Scarf.

For weapons, I recommend:
-S.D.M.G. It has incredibly high dps and low ammo consumption.
-Phantasm. It's gimmick is very helpful for when trying to hit enemies offscreen. It's DPS also rivals even the S.D.M.G.
-Sniper Rifle. For dealing killing blows with it's incredibly high damage and crit chance.
-Snowman Cannon. It's a homing rocket launcher, what reason do you need? :naughty:
-Aerial Bane. It deals substantial chunks of damage to flying targets and rains arrows on enemies below them.
-Celebration. It's Area of Effect is massive and does high damage. Not as bad as most people give it credit for.
-Xenopopper. It's a fun little weapon that's incredibly accurate, you can do a lot of cool tricks with it too.

Weapons that can be obtained earlier:
-Daedalus Stormbow. It's incredibly powerful, but you cannot use it underground.
-Onyx Blaster. It's incredibly strong for when you can obtain it, but it's damage gets less significant as you enter lategame.
-Pulse Bow. The Daedalus's opposite. Incredibly useful underground but doesn't have high single-target damage.

Gun Ammo:
-Endless Musket Pouch. For non boss enemies.
-Crystal Bullets. They hit really, really hard, but you may have to inflict ichor on your target with a different weapon to use their full potential.
-Explosive Bullets. Good for invasions.
-Chlorophyte bullets. Good for small but fast targets like martian saucers.

Bow Ammo:
-Endless Quiver. For non boss enemies.
-Ichor Arrows. For use on high defense targets before switching to your guns.
-Holy Arrows. For their absurd damage.
-Venom Arrows. They have the highest base damage and best DoT debuff out of all arrow types.

Rocket Launcher Ammo:
-Rocket III. It's the high damage one that doesn't destroy tiles.

Last edited:
How endgame are we talking? Knowing your absolute best gear after you've defeated the Moon Lord won't help much if you don't actually know the basics of ammo management.

What Omega Derpling said, over all, is a nice and functional "I have finished everything the game has to offer" starter pack, but if you'd like a general progression flow-chart, I'll be happy to assist you as well.

How endgame are we talking? Knowing your absolute best gear after you've defeated the Moon Lord won't help much if you don't actually know the basics of ammo management.

What Omega Derpling said, over all, is a nice and functional "I have finished everything the game has to offer" starter pack, but if you'd like a general progression flow-chart, I'll be happy to assist you as well.
All of the stuff except armor and two of the weapons weren't post Moon lord though...?

I suppose you could use Shroomite Armor up until you kill moon lord. Titanium and Crimson armor are good options until cultist too if you're feeling particularly brazen.

All of the stuff except armor and two of the weapons weren't post Moon lord though...?
It isn't, but it's all still pretty late into the game. That's fine since it's what OP wanted (endgame gear loadouts), but I'm just asking if they'd like to know about what kind of stuff to look out for along the way to this kind of gear.

Range damage is interesting because a lot of its utility weapons show up late so they don't get obsoleted in the way stuff like Sky Fracture and Crystal Serpent do on Magic.

It isn't, but it's all still pretty late into the game. That's fine since it's what OP wanted (endgame gear loadouts), but I'm just asking if they'd like to know about what kind of stuff to look out for along the way to this kind of gear.
I added a little to my post, there are a few early hardmode weapons now, as well as more ammo and weapons.

Back
Top Bottom