tModLoader Endless Escapade

That steelbat thing is warping my mind. How does it work?
A lot of OOP stuff, but primarily just centering the projectile to the player and rotating. I didn't make it, but I'd ask OS in the tMod discord if you want to know further.
Screenshake was just done by moving the camera.

Not only does this mod looks like it'll have new locations to explore, but they're also water focused. Yeah, I think I'll get on the hype bandwagon for this. I'm always eager to explore new locations in Terraria, which is rather rare in mods, not just counting new biomes.
:D

a little off topic but uh... you can edit your previous posts instead of triple posting

I'm pretty sure alot of things are honestly, we're all gonna find out the hard way
Yeah, realized that after I sent the second one :p
Also no not necessarily, the main reason is conflicting IL. Other than that, it'd just be buggy but not completely busted

Yeah, realized that after I sent the second one :p
Also no not necessarily, the main reason is conflicting IL. Other than that, it'd just be buggy but not completely busted
I got into IL patching myself not that long ago...

yeah, things get messy, real fast and that's BEFORE you even account for other mods that might have the same idea (or atleast trying to patch the same method)

Yeah, (but since I don't actually know what it's for) but here's to hoping it's not a frequent thing to change
We know it's compatible with quite a few, but not every mod other than SLR probably
Simply put, it's used to alter Vanilla's Code (it could be used to alter other mods but changing something that can update frequently is not a good idea)
To basically work around the hardcoded parts of vanilla, IE code injection

The only other option is to basically ditch Vanilla/Core Terraria and write your own system (like with the Space Invaders Mini-arcade game), but it's more game-sense to instead alter the vanilla game accordingly
The only real issues that would arise, again, is if you encounter another mod that does alot of the same things and likely patches the same code, which SLR has an unhealthy amount of IL hacks (and method swapping) for.

but here's to hoping it's not a frequent thing to change
1.4, that's all I really gotta say about that part.

This is amazing! The quality and style of the sprites, animations, and effects makes me think that it would go well with the upcoming starlight river mod.

Looks really promising. I love Tennis the most. Also, do you use Subworld Library?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom