Items Endless Mana/Hp Potions

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Not Yee

• Yee but change _

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know it feels like time to post a flaming comment, but hear me out first.

Endless Mana Jug I
Crafted with 300 lesser mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 30 mana and inflicts mana sickness

Endless Mana Jug II
Crafted with 300 mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 70 mana and inflicts mana sickness

Endless Mana Jug III
Crafted with 300 Greater mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 120 mana and inflicts mana sickness

Endless Mana Jug IV
Crafted with 300 Super mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 150 mana and inflicts mana sickness
Endless Health Brew I
Crafted with 60 lesser healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 40hp and inflicts potion sickness

Endless Health Brew II
Crafted with 60 healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 80 health and inflicts potion sickness

Endless Health Brew III
Crafted with 60 Greater healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 120 health and inflicts potion sickness

Endless Health Brew IV
Crafted with 60 Super healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 150 health and inflicts potion sickness

Ok, now yell at me.

Actually, after playing on Mobile with a Horn O’ Plenty, I actually like this idea, but there’s one thing I’d change, which is the crafting recipe. Maybe make it so that you use the previous jug/brew and upgrade it to the next level, and maybe lock each one behind a material/crafting station, that way it can slide into progression easier. Other than that, I like it! (Also, I could make sprites if you want, it just may take a while.)

Endless Mana Jug: Endless Astral Extract (Usually cosmos-related stuff has magical themes)
Endless Health Brew: Endless Elixir of Life (A reference to the Philosopher's Stone)

Mana Jug I: Endless Mana Ailment
MJ II: Endless Miracle Juice
MJ III: Endless Star Booze
MJ IV: Endless Astral Extract

Health Brew I: Endless Vitamin Drink
HB II: Endless Health Remedy
HB III: Endless Rejuvenation Spring
HB IV: Endless Elixir of Life

I'm using different names to help reduce confusion

I agree with HuzTim about the upgrade thing. Just feels unique.

Last edited:
An endless hp potion would work without issue but an endless mana potion could be a problem. It would either have to inflict potion sickness or would have to be greatly limited in the amount of mana it restored.

An endless hp potion would work without issue but an endless mana potion could be a problem. It would either have to inflict potion sickness or would have to be greatly limited in the amount of mana it restored.
Why's that? It already has a nerf over regular potions

Why's that? It already has a nerf over regular potions
Well mostly because mana sickness isn't really that major of a debuff. It's easily overcome by the use of armor, accessories, good reforges, and potions. So, the major limiting factor for mages ends up being how much inventory space that you're willing to devote to potions.
Maybe I'm being over critical.

Well mostly because mana sickness isn't really that major of a debuff. It's easily overcome by the use of armor, accessories, good reforges, and potions. So, the major limiting factor for mages ends up being how much inventory space that you're willing to devote to potions.
Let's compare to another endless item: The endless quiver. It gives a lack of consumption in turn for the damage loss of not being able to use better arrows. It seems pretty much the same situation.

Yes you are. Even w/o any nerfs, plain Endless Super Mana Potion with exactly same effects (except it's endless) would be absolutely balanced (post-ML).
If you go even remotely serious on something you'll easily find 30 free slots for potions (maybe even all 40) that stack up to 99. And that means 2 hours 58 minutes and 48 seconds ((260 + 30 * 99 * 260) / 72 / 3600 ~= 2.98) of non-stop Last Prism face melting. (Not taking into consideration it has a 1 min limit on continuous fire and uses less mana while unfocused, so it'd actually last longer; nor any mana drops from enemies/nebula buffs). That is quite a long time to kill something you want to.

And no, Mana Sickness IS a major debuff, as it affects total damage, not just reduces your "bonus" to damage by 50. So (as continuous Last Prism usage would require drinking every 3.611 sec) debuff would only weaken to a mere -35% total damage, allowing average of about 60% of total damage in the long run.

And no, Mana Sickness IS a major debuff, as it affects total damage, not just reduces your "bonus" to damage by 50. So (as continuous Last Prism usage would require drinking every 3.611 sec) debuff would only weaken to a mere -35% total damage, allowing average of about 60% of total damage in the long run.
I won't dispute the numbers. All I know is that I can equip a mana flower and turn on the Last Prism and not have to think when fighting any of the end game bosses or events.

There should be a single item for each, which, similarly to how the limitless ammo items work, should act like the weakest respective item, but limitless.
In the case of the healing potions, they could have reduced cooldown, but still heal as much as lesser healing potions.

I won't dispute the numbers.
Duh, of course, dem are numbers, dem don't argue, dem just be.

There should be a single item for each, which, similarly to how the limitless ammo items work, should act like the weakest respective item, but limitless.
In the case of the healing potions, they could have reduced cooldown, but still heal as much as lesser healing potions.
What's the point in lowering the cooldown on healing potions yet only allowing small ones? If you make cooldown shorter and the healing proportionally smaller you'll just get essentially the same effect (not taking PS/CoM into consideration). If cooldown won't be short enough for that healing amount players will just keep bringing Supers to any serious fight as they do now.
As for mana potions - this is pointless to the extent of permanent -50% total damage debuff vs permanent -40% total damage debuff while casting non-stop. Why bother?
Just let the end-game mages play lazy (if they want) and younger ones not - they should earn this right; and for now should craft potions for boss fights.

Duh, of course, dem are numbers, dem don't argue, dem just be.

What's the point in lowering the cooldown on healing potions yet only allowing small ones? If you make cooldown shorter and the healing proportionally smaller you'll just get essentially the same effect (not taking PS/CoM into consideration). If cooldown won't be short enough for that healing amount players will just keep bringing Supers to any serious fight as they do now.
As for mana potions - this is pointless to the extent of permanent -50% total damage debuff vs permanent -40% total damage debuff while casting non-stop. Why bother?
Just let the end-game mages play lazy (if they want) and younger ones not - they should earn this right; and for now should craft potions for boss fights.
Allowing the small ones but lowering cooldown is so they're useful in the endgame without being more powerful than Greater potions. The point is so they're useful at saving them.

Back
Top Bottom