Items Endless Rocket 1's

BlakeRossTheRabbit

The Destroyer
Using launchers are (at least for me), very intimidating. Intimidating because you would always run out of ammo. Yes, I know that it's supposed to be the most damaging, expensive, and risky ranged subclass, but I think rockets need an endless variant. Imagine using a launcher against a boss/group of enemies, when suddenly, you run out of good rockets, without any basic ones to spare, unlike with guns or bows, through the musket pouch and quiver. And they aren't cheap. With the new happiness system, rocket 1's are cheaper, true, but getting good damage on a launcher requires special ammo, which is either: 1. Still expensive; or 2. Really hard to farm.

I was actually looking forward to this before 1.4 came out, seeing that more types of rockets were to be added in the game. But I can't say I'm disappointed, as it's still ok.

Reasons to add Endless Rocket 1 (Pouch? Idk)
  • As a means to use launchers when good rockets run out, because launcher-using rangers would aim for Rocket III's/Mini Nukes/Cluster Missiles anyway, which wouldn't ruin the classic ranger drawback of having to farm/buy to get ammo.
  • Most launchers have no chance not to consume ammo, and even with armor and/or buffs they can still use up a lot of rockets anyway.
  • Celebration Mk II in the endgame has an insanely fast fire rate which would ruin your mini nuke supply (because it's the endgame and there's no reason to not endlessly use it, since you need to constantly fire to hit targets anyway, but this issue is not as big of a deal compared to the first launchers you obtain).
  • Rocket 1's aren't that strong compared to other rockets and are like the wooden arrows or musket balls of guns and bows.
  • You can still damage yourself anyway, so it doesn't take away the riskiness from launchers and probably increase the risk from using them, which is kinda fun.

And if you think it's too drastic of a buff/change in general, here are some suggestions:
  • It would be craftable with a Post-Plantera crafting station, like the Autohammer instead of the Crystal Ball, to as far as the Ancient Manipulator, so it wouldn't be accessible right off the bat.
  • Or purchased from the Cyborg for a really expensive price after an event is completed (like the Martian Madness), to make it harder to obtain.
I hope this can solve the problem with launchers, make them less intimidating, and more usable in general. Thank you very much.

(Yes, this is a repost. Same thread exists in the Equipment section)

About the first route, I just thought, if the ammo would be crafted with the Ancient Manipulator, it could require Vortex Fragments, to satisfy the "need" of having a Vortex-themed launcher weapon, but in the form of endless basic ammo. I dunno but this seems pretty balanced...

Endless rocket crate
And you with all of endless ammo and 3996 of any exclusive ammo (Stakes, Darts (only poison), Nails etc...(not include seeds seeds will too easy to obtain)) you can make endless ammo box.
Tooltip "Can be encanted!!!" refence to encanted ammo on some 1.2 all item world on mobile. you can switch what ammo to use such as Chlorophyte Bulet instead of Musket Ball.
Maybe Vortex Fragmets and Luminte may be in craft for balance.🤔

Last edited:
I think there's a reason why there is no unlimited ammo pouch for rockets. Also a reason why they are so much more expensive compared to other ammo. Balance.

However, maybe a specific type of rocket launcher that doesn't use ammo or has a huge % chance not to consume ammo? That way it could be made weaker to prevent what was originally intended to be preventable.

They're cool and all but barring end-game launchers they really aren't the best choices for ranged guns.

I think there's a reason why there is no unlimited ammo pouch for rockets. Also a reason why they are so much more expensive compared to other ammo. Balance.

They're cool and all but barring end-game launchers they really aren't the best choices for ranged guns.

At least add it to the endgame, as endgame rocket rangers still have problems with keeping a steady supply of ammo. It's more of a fallback option when you run out of good rockets than your main arsenal. You could also be handicapping yourself by using basic rockets, as the damage difference compared to v3's and other rockets is very drastic, especially with Shroomite/Vortex stealth. Like how rangers can obtain the endless musket pouch/quiver after enduring all of pre-hardmode without endless basic ammo, rocket uses should be able to obtain their endless respective ammo after enduring all of post-plantera until pre-lunar events or even Moon Lord without endless basic ammo: the stage when the snowman cannon becomes underpowered, when you get C MkII, I dunno.

Last edited:
If rocket crate will be added plase make it switchable between not destroying tiles rockets and destroying tiles rockets

At least add it to the endgame, as endgame rocket rangers still have problems with keeping a steady supply of ammo. It's more of a fallback option when you run out of good rockets than your main arsenal. You could also be handicapping yourself by using basic rockets, as the damage difference compared to v3's and other rockets is very drastic, especially with Shroomite/Vortex stealth. Like how rangers can obtain the endless musket pouch/quiver after enduring all of pre-hardmode without endless basic ammo, rocket uses should be able to obtain their endless respective ammo after enduring all of post-plantera until pre-lunar events or even Moon Lord without endless basic ammo: the stage when the snowman cannon becomes underpowered, when you get C MkII, I dunno.

In single player I don't see why it would hurt I was thinking more along the lines of multiplayer. I hope you're not trying to make a statement that a Grenadier is a legitimate subclass of Ranged. You get your first rocket launcher mid-Hardmode and I think there is only one item that specifically calls out Rockets for bonuses.

I hope you're not trying to make a statement that a Grenadier is a legitimate subclass of Ranged.
When you think about it, it kind of is. I dunno, at least for me, and the Wiki Editors.
You get your first rocket launcher mid-Hardmode and I think there is only one item that specifically calls out Rockets for bonuses.
Isn't that another reason to add the ammo? To strengthen the subclass? What I mean is, while launchers come a lot later than say, guns or bows, they're really, really useful in the endgame, and endgame players are still getting stuck, running out of ammo in the middle of a fight, when they've already used up the rockets they've farmed for. Buuuut, I do get your point.

Back
Top Bottom