Items Endless Rocket Canister

it is not like you have to use it... it is just for convinience i always have infinite musket balls on me i dont use them all the time but i do use them..

it is not like you have to use it... it is just for convinience i always have infinite musket balls on me i dont use them all the time but i do use them..
Well, the "you don't have to use it" argument can really apply to anything. While it might not be a total game breaker, it's definitely an item that would change what it means to be a rocketeer. Possibly make the rocketeer the strongest of the three ranged classes. Just because I don't want to use it, doesn't mean someone else couldn't use it to detract from their experience of the game.

One of the key weaknesses of the rocketeer is the necessity for ammo and all.
Rocketeers consume way less ammo compared to other Ranger archetypes though. Even without the chance to not consume ammo, rocket weapons have a lower rate of fire compared to bullet weapons. And the Celebration shoots two for the price of one.
Buying rockets isn't that big of an issue either, because a full stack of Rocket Is is only 5 Gold, and 10 Gold for Rocket IIIs.

As someone that hates expending resources in games, I also hate buying ammo. When I play ranged it's only because I no longer consume ammo/money to do so. This has excluded me from even giving rockets a chance. *shrug*

One of the key weaknesses of the rocketeer is the necessity for ammo and all.
It isnt hard at ANY point to gather ammo. Maybe corn and stake launcher. But "rockets are hard to get?" no this would make no difference in the game it would be exactly like all the other ammo bags.

It isnt hard at ANY point to gather ammo. Maybe corn and stake launcher. But "rockets are hard to get?" no this would make no difference in the game it would be exactly like all the other ammo bags.
Oh yeah, they're not that hard to get. I mean, they are on the expensive side, but it's not too bad.

What I mean is that ammo management is a key part of being a rocketeer, and increasingly less about the others.

Oh yeah, they're not that hard to get. I mean, they are on the expensive side, but it's not too bad.

What I mean is that ammo management is a key part of being a rocketeer, and increasingly less about the others.
Okay but "ammo management" ? so does this mean to manage which rockets to use and which to not use? :D

Okay but "ammo management" ? so does this mean to manage which rockets to use and which to not use? :D
Mostly how much you'll need for any given fight without clogging your inventory, as well as when it's better to use something that's not a rocket (e.g. to dispose of a slime or a single enemy).

I see no problems with this thread.

rockets are op: so is plantera.
ammo management is one of their weaknesses.: And? Knockbacks a melee weakness and there are items that lower that.
greifing ono: Rocket uno doesnt destroy bricks.
there are better rockets.: there are better arrows and bullets too, this is for when you run out of the good stuff. reminds me of a gun in a book i read. uses the big bullets first and the smallers to finish off the enemies.
i dont need it.: then dont use it.

I see no problems with this thread.

rockets are op: so is plantera.
ammo management is one of their weaknesses.: And? Knockbacks a melee weakness and there are items that lower that.
greifing ono: Rocket uno doesnt destroy bricks.
there are better rockets.: there are better arrows and bullets too, this is for when you run out of the good stuff. reminds me of a gun in a book i read. uses the big bullets first and the smallers to finish off the enemies.
i dont need it.: then dont use it.
Yeah, knockback is kind of a weakness of everyone, so it's fair to have an item that lowers it. Given that rockets are known for a lack of renewability in particular, it's a weakness of them in particular. Bullets and arrows aren't hard to get. Shields are so important come HM that it's a wonder some people don't use them.

And the redundancy argument is somewhat pointless. Granted, this isn't as overpowered as the original Spectre Armor or Shadowbeam Staff, but it's still a little on the powerful side compared to the endless pouch/endless quiver. Leaving broken items in the game, where they can detract from the overall game experience, is rarely if ever a good choice.

So for give my thought:
I have so create a mod(you can download, but this is always a bad idea) who have a minigun rocket(with recoil, this is stupid, he is not very fast, just more fast than a rocket launcher), a homing rocket but also and why i post here: A endless rocket I.

And yes, this is "OP", but i say: we need that. Why? Because how many weapons change wooden arrow to a other arrow?(or i have play too with mod) (In contrary to bullet, ah ah xD )

So, if others ranged weapon have infinite low ammo, we can also! This is logic for me. Except if i look throwing weapons who have not that and than a boomerang is not a throwing weapon but i digress.

And, after a rocket I do not destroy tile, so i cannot see problem... buy 999999 rocket I and have a endless bag with infinite rocket I, this is same thing... (contrary always to throwing weapon who cannot have easy a max to ammo)

Unique problem: The sprite of this thing, how imagine a bag with a infinite rocket I ? This is a mini-factory? A vortex of a other dimension fill with only rocket I?
Before, i have never play rocket of my life ( Because this is before just useless for me) but with a endless rocket implanted without mod... humm i want!

Sorry if i have mistake, if i have promoted a mod focus to rocket or if i have strange sentence(firt and last point are because i am very bad with english(but i do not use google translate) and second, because for guys who search endless rocket for the moment...

Here's an idea for that idea, once you've obtained the endless rocket canister, you change the rockets by going to the tinkerer's workshop and having at least one of the Rockets you want(Ex: Endless Rocket I Canister + Rocket III = Endless Rocket III Canister), and there you go, you got a different version of that item, you can change it anytime or change it back to the way it was doing the same thing from the example.

Back
Top Bottom