tModLoader Enemies disappearing upon death without any loot or gibs, and going into main menu freezes the game.

DarkyLonewolf

Terrarian
After the most recent Calamity mod update, it appears some compatibility issues arose, and boy does it show - sometimes a particularly weird glitch happens where any enemies I attack just up and disappear upon death - no gibs, no sounds, not even any loot. Going into the main menu to try and re-enter the world instead just freezes the entire game completely, without displaying any sort of error message. Log attached to post, containing mod list and an apparent source of the error that I honestly have no idea how it could be breaking the game THIS badly.

Attachments

• client.log
    547.7 KB · Views: 143
And it turned out that of ALL mods to cause the error, it was freaking CALAMITY. At the very least, removing Calamity mod specifically prevented the ever-constant softlocking. But now I am left wondering - you'd think that if this bug was THAT common, it would literally render the game unplayable for tons upon tons of players, up to and including more than a few peeps making Terraria videos, yet here we are, with only few-and-far-between players reporting it. It's truly ridiculous.

I guess our best bet is waiting for a more stable version or something. I get the tiniest hunch that the reactive damage reduction has something to do with this bug.

to be totally honest, all i knew was that they were respriting and adding a new boss and i didnt hear about a reactive damage reduction. (what is that BTW?)

Back
Top Bottom