Working as Designed Enemies dropping double coins

JoelCrafter43

Terrarian
So on the wiki it says that a rock golem is only supposed to drop about 12 gold coins in both expert and master mode, but I'm playing on master mode and they frequently drop 25 gold!
I'm not sure if this is a new 1.4 feature where enemies will randomly drop double gold or if it's something exclusive to master mode so I'm really confused.

This is not a bug.

Basically, all enemies have a "base" value of coins they drop.

Whenever enemies drop coins, there are a bunch of random multipliers that can come into play. Some of them can reduce the amount of money, some can increase it, but due to how they are weighted, you almost always get more money than the "base" value, and your average is always going to be above base value.

No, there is literally a random multiplier system that applies to every money drop ever, and it can boost the drop amount.

This is not a bug.

Basically, all enemies have a "base" value of coins they drop.

Whenever enemies drop coins, there are a bunch of random multipliers that can come into play. Some of them can reduce the amount of money, some can increase it, but due to how they are weighted, you almost always get more money than the "base" value, and your average is always going to be above base value.
Thank you so much, this exactly what I was wanting to know!

Back
Top Bottom