Enemies in the ocean biome not dropping pirate maps

Vic 2.0

Terrarian
I've actually gotten a few by fighting IN the ocean, but my AFK farm isn't getting me any at all. And it's set up right ON TOP of the ocean, with tons of water on each side of me. Is it because I've also placed my jungle blocks and now the jungle biome cancels out the ability to get pirate maps? I mean, I'm still getting sharks and jellyfish along with the jungle fish, but is there something I'm missing here? I've killed probably a thousand enemies and not one map.

You should replace the Jungle Blocks with generic blocks, as it's very easy to create a jungle biome.
Well originally, you could have a jungle biome in the ocean and still get pirate maps. Are you saying it can't be a jungle biome now?

Pirate maps only drop from enemies within or near Oceans, so you should be able to have the map dropped. Unless the Jungle overrides the Ocean drops, you should be fine.
That's what I'm wondering, if I should just remove the jungle blocks and contend with the drastic decrease in enemies spawning. But I tried that also for a while.

I should also tell you that at one point I dug out a hole in the bottom of the ocean because I was trying to make my AFK farm there instead. When that didn't work, I filled it back in with sand and I also had to replace some water that accidentally drained out (about 50 blocks worth maybe). Is there something requiring the ocean to have all/most of its original water in it?

That's what I'm wondering, if I should just remove the jungle blocks and contend with the drastic decrease in enemies spawning. But I tried that also for a while.

I should also tell you that at one point I dug out a hole in the bottom of the ocean because I was trying to make my AFK farm there instead. When that didn't work, I filled it back in with sand and I also had to replace some water that accidentally drained out (about 50 blocks worth maybe). Is there something requiring the ocean to have all/most of its original water in it?
The Ocean Biome only requires about 1000 tiles of water to cacht the Ocean fish, so I don't think it stopped being an Ocean, but pour some water just to be safe. Maybe try using a Water Candle and a battle potion? Also, make sure that your world is in Hardmode and that Terraria is updated to at least 1.2

The Ocean Biome only requires about 1000 tiles of water to cacht the Ocean fish, so I don't think it stopped being an Ocean, but pour some water just to be safe. Maybe try using a Water Candle and a battle potion? Also, make sure that your world is in Hardmode and that Terraria is updated to at least 1.2
Yes, I have all that in place already. And the drop rate is still 1%, right? They didn't change it to, like, .00001% in the last update or anything?

It's pretty safe to say they simply are not dropping. I think it's a bug or something, honestly.

Yes, I have all that in place already. And the drop rate is still 1%, right? They didn't change it to, like, .00001% in the last update or anything?

It's pretty safe to say they simply are not dropping. I think it's a bug or something, honestly.
Drop rate's still 1%, you either found a bug, or just had really bad luck. What is the device and version you are playing on?

Back
Top Bottom