enemies not spawning

I'm guessing you're in the Dungeon and are looking for a specific enemy there. Are you after an item in particular that drops from one of the Dungeon enemies? And are you in Pre-Hardmode or Hardmode (and have Plantera defeated)?

I'm guessing you're in the Dungeon and are looking for a specific enemy there. Are you after an item in particular that drops from one of the Dungeon enemies? And are you in Pre-Hardmode or Hardmode (and have Plantera defeated)?
I've beaten all of the bosses I was looking for cursed skulls then I went back home (because none spawned) and went somewhere else, no enemies spawned at all

Generally it takes a fair amount of grinding to get the Nazar from the Cursed Skulls. It is certainly possible to get one in late hardmode, but because there are many more dungeon enemies that spawn after Plantera is beaten, it can be harder to get Cursed Skulls to spawn at that point.

The best thing that can be done is to ensure you have a water candle (there should be plenty throughout the dungeon anyway) and perhaps in addition use a battle potion and make a space with traps in the Dungeon to kill enemies fast to make them come faster. From there it is luck on getting a Cursed Skull to appear and a 1/100 chance of getting a Nazar from it (1/50 if you are on Expert Mode). That's most of what I got.

Generally it takes a fair amount of grinding to get the Nazar from the Cursed Skulls. It is certainly possible to get one in late hardmode, but because there are many more dungeon enemies that spawn after Plantera is beaten, it can be harder to get Cursed Skulls to spawn at that point.

The best thing that can be done is to ensure you have a water candle (there should be plenty throughout the dungeon anyway) and perhaps in addition use a battle potion and make a space with traps in the Dungeon to kill enemies fast to make them come faster. From there it is luck on getting a Cursed Skull to appear and a 1/100 chance of getting a Nazar from it (1/50 if you are on Expert Mode). That's most of what I got.
everyone is telling me it's a rare drop. why is everyone saying that

everyone is telling me it's a rare drop. why is everyone saying that
I've seen your other topic and I don't see anyone directly saying that.
It CAN be a rare drop, because it's completely based on a roll of dice. People have explained this in the other topic. Sometimes you will find 5 Nazars in 15 minutes. Sometimes you'll find one in 3 hours. It's completely random.

What Aurora3500 said, use a water candle and battle potion to attract more monsters to your screen. More monsters = more drops = better chances of finding what you want.

I've seen your other topic and I don't see anyone directly saying that.
It CAN be a rare drop, because it's completely based on a roll of dice. People have explained this in the other topic. Sometimes you will find 5 Nazars in 15 minutes. Sometimes you'll find one in 3 hours. It's completely random.

What Aurora3500 said, use a water candle and battle potion to attract more monsters to your screen. More monsters = more drops = better chances of finding what you want.
this one wasn't that related to the other thread, I had to restart my game for enemies to start spawning again

Not totally sure what the problem is, so I'll address both...
  1. Cursed Skulls only spawn on dungeon brick walls and they are reasonably common if your dungeon is mostly composed of said brick walls. Cursed Skulls do not spawn on slab or tiled walls. This has tripped me up before too.
  2. If you're in front of any naturally placed dungeon wall and can hear the dungeon music playing, only dungeon enemies will spawn.
I hope that helps!

Not totally sure what the problem is, so I'll address both...
  1. Cursed Skulls only spawn on dungeon brick walls and they are reasonably common if your dungeon is mostly composed of said brick walls. Cursed Skulls do not spawn on slab or tiled walls. This has tripped me up before too.
  2. If you're in front of any naturally placed dungeon wall and can hear the dungeon music playing, only dungeon enemies will spawn.
I hope that helps!
They changed the dungeon in such a way that all enemies spawn everywhere (forgot which update), but yeah, they're much, much rarer when they're out of their normal habitat.
So technically he'd still see cursed skulls when not in a brick area, but a lot less of them.

Good of you to point it out. It'll likely make our sad frog's life a lot easier.

They changed the dungeon in such a way that all enemies spawn everywhere (forgot which update), but yeah, they're much, much rarer when they're out of their normal habitat.
So technically he'd still see cursed skulls when not in a brick area, but a lot less of them.
I missed this and I'm usually pretty good with version history... Anyway, I did a Ctrl+F of the Wiki from version 1.3 onwards and found the following:
  • 1.3.0.1: There is a 1 in 7 chance that a Hardmode Dungeon monster will spawn on any Hardmode Dungeon backwall.
Cursed Skull is not a hardmode enemy though. You can get Cursed Skulls by mining out the edge bricks of the Dungeon which usually have brick walls as a backdrop - perhaps that is what is allowing them to spawn in other dungeon types?
Happy to be proven wrong though - more Cursed Skulls = more chance of a Nazar, which is a good thing!

I missed this and I'm usually pretty good with version history... Anyway, I did a Ctrl+F of the Wiki from version 1.3 onwards and found the following:
  • 1.3.0.1: There is a 1 in 7 chance that a Hardmode Dungeon monster will spawn on any Hardmode Dungeon backwall.
Cursed Skull is not a hardmode enemy though. You can get Cursed Skulls by mining out the edge bricks of the Dungeon which usually have brick walls as a backdrop - perhaps that is what is allowing them to spawn in other dungeon types?
Happy to be proven wrong though - more Cursed Skulls = more chance of a Nazar, which is a good thing!
Hmm, I started the game to get to the bottom of this, and I did have a skull spawn in an area which had tiles, but also a tiny room of bricks. And it came from somewhere in that area, so it could very well spawned in the bricks area. So I believe you and the wiki are probably right.
Anyway, I think I'm unlucky as well, since only 2 spawned in 10 minutes. I'd test some more, but I'm tired.

I guess it should not really be a problem if they only spawn in brick areas though, since they're ethereal and can find you anyway. Normally I'm constantly trying to swat them away from me (or so it usually feels).

Back
Top Bottom