tModLoader Enemy Affixes

Your mod is great, and i changed "scaleMult": to 10.0, and "maxExpertPrefixes": to 3, That feels awesome to see how 1 type of enemy may be gigantic or tiny, but i have little problem. It seems that if enemy Prefix gives enemy "-15% size", it converts to -150% size because of multiplyer, and enemy size becomes 0. It should be easy to fix though, do: if enemy size < 10%, then enemy size = 10%. Could you please fix that?

Might be worth pointing out:
In your last version debug is set to true by default. There was some spamming but I quickly figured out the cause.

Edit: it was far worse than just spamming.

I love the idea of your mod but does this mod work with calamity, thorium and spirit mods on a multiplayer server? The other prefix mod doesn't.

From reading your version descriptions, it sounds like your mod only affects default monsters but we need to add modded monsters to a list somewhere manually?

If I just run your mod without adding modded monsters, will the mod still work with the non-modded monsters as intended?

I specifically fixed up this mod to not crash with Calamity. Though, I have not tested Multiplayer since v0.10, it should work as I didn't have to make any changes to that part of the code when updating it.
Modded monsters will only get the basic prefixes, not ones specific to Melee, Ranged and Magic. I will however eventually go through some of the top mods and add the monsters for them. Would be easier if the developers game me a list of the NPC Mod IDs.

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to the full mod experience one day. I will give you feedback as I go.

No probs.

Anyway, new update, again.
Changes:
v0.4.2:
* Added modded NPCs from Calamity, SpiritMod and Thorium into the Melee, Ranged and Magic categories, again config needs to be cleared.
* Hardcoded some inheritence for NPCs such as vanilla Worms and Most vanilla Bosses that spawn additional monsters. Modded ones may come later but for now, modded worms are forcefully ignored.
* Fixed NPCs which technically transform from rolling a new prefix
If you regen the config, you'll see how Modded NPCs are added. If you are getting errors, clear your config. Hmm, maybe I should add a version to the file name.

It seems broken online. The enemies spawn with modifiers and Godly or better ones glitter, but when you mouse over them, it does not show the modifiers (so you never know what you are attacking) and killing glittering monsters does not announce their deaths. Everything works fine offline though.

It seems broken online. The enemies spawn with modifiers and Godly or better ones glitter, but when you mouse over them, it does not show the modifiers (so you never know what you are attacking) and killing glittering monsters does not announce their deaths. Everything works fine offline though.
The mod is indeed acting strange since the last update. The buffed mobs always show up with for example 2000/1000 Hp. They seem to teleport frequently aswell.

Bleh, that means the multiplayer syncing is not working. Dammit.

Edit: Updated. Made sure to check with a local multiplayer session this time.

Last edited:
Would it also be possible to make custom suffixes to be added to enemies? I know that there are prefixes and all, but would love to see custom suffixes and what not, too.

Hmm couldn't you make up your own? Then somewhat work from there? It would be pretty interesting to see anyways.

May I suggest a couple of addons? One that changes drop chances and coins based on the modifier, and another that makes bosses always normal, at least for the first kill.
i would like all of these if the reward was increased i would use this mod.

Monster values are already adjusted, much like the item values. Though, it may not be too noticeable. The first boss thing will have to start requiring me to save data on worlds which isn't something I wanted in this mod.

is it even possible to increase drop rate?
The first boss thing will have to start requiring me to save data on worlds which isn't something I wanted in this mod.
you can run a world with unused data i thought, also it could be done with 2 bytes of data by dividing it into bits for vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom