tModLoader Enemy Affixes

Playing Multiplayer with Calamity mod and this installed alongside. We're also experiencing mobs with the Godly modifier being hit and disappearing on hit.

Did you try it in a multiplayer setting?

The disappearing-enemies thing seems to be a common issue for some mods if played online.

Yea, I was doing it with multiplayer, though was by myself.
Is there anything logged in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\Log.txt related to this mod?

I've played dozens of hours with this mod, but finally uninstalled it due to buggy behavior and extreme balance issues.

Affixes have a tendency to break enemy AI, get enemies stuck in blocks, and make enemies so large that they can't fit through regular gaps to reach you. Unreal Goblin Archers are a good example of an enemy that should be scary, but runs really fast into close range instead of shooting from a distance like normal. Other enemies have similar issues. The size altering affixes frequently cause problems while underground. Big enemies are often some of the least threatening ones you'll meet.

Any boss fight that's reasonably well balanced becomes incredibly punishing when any of the tougher prefixes show up. Bosses that are already punishing, like many of Calamity's bosses or Enigma's bullet hell bosses, simply kill you. A legendary Hypothema from Enigma is one of the most ridiculous enemies I've seen. I was quickly executed by a blue blur. Enemies like Calamity's Slime God are hit particularly hard by your mod, since there are a ton of enemies spawned that each become far stronger if given a prefix that affects movement speed. Due to the sheer quantity of enemies in that fight, it happens often.

Almost every single death I've had since installing your mod was purely due to your mod. Legendary Ice Bats swoop in at light speed for 100+ unavoidable damage, lightning fast bosses balanced to hit like trucks due to the ability to dodge them become so fast that they're undodgeable, and general damage buffs turn ordinarily dangerous encounters into one-shots.

I love the idea of your mod. It definitely spices up enemies that have grown stale over time. The bugs and negative interactions with game mechanics are annoying, but I could possibly live with them. The balance issues were just too much for me. The extremes are far too extreme, especially given the unpredictable nature of the affixes and their ability to spawn on bosses.

I don't know if you intentionally balanced your mod to include unavoidable deaths like the ones I've experienced. Some people do find that fun. If you didn't, though, my recommendation is to greatly scale back the buffs and debuffs. I didn't mention debuffs above, but they often trivialize enemies. Enemies like Ice Bats don't need to become godlike killing machines with top affixes. Bosses can be a bit more threatening, but many, especially in mods, are already well balanced or even overtuned.

Last edited:
Seems I'll need to reduce the default multipliers a bit.
10x for Godly, Legendary, Unreal and Mythical sounds a bit too much.
But anyone who already has this mod needs to either clear their config or adjust them manually.

Last edited:
Update v1.0.3 Released

I've done some testing and it seems the new update prevents npcs of any kind to spawn.
The npcs I already had vanished into thin air and whenever I get a message that an npc spawns, nothing comes of it.
Same thing with hostiles, it seems the game tries to spawn them in but then they despawn instantly.

It's all working for me.
There was hardly any changes done, let alone any that wouldn't show an error.
Some other mod must be conflicting with it.

That's very strange, the only mod I've updated since last I played was your mod, I'll have to do some more digging as this mod is too entertaining not to have around.

Try checking your game's log and see if it shows anything from this mod or around the time something has spawned.
I've done some testing and it seems the new update prevents npcs of any kind to spawn.
The npcs I already had vanished into thin air and whenever I get a message that an npc spawns, nothing comes of it.
Same thing with hostiles, it seems the game tries to spawn them in but then they despawn instantly.

I had this same problem a while back, apparently, this mod is not compatible with Terraria Overhaul. or at least that's what i'm getting

i'm currently trying to use this mod with Overhaul, and i'm getting the same problemas as @theonlyocs

Just an FYI - I'm having the spawn issue with this modlist. After disabling Affixes and DALib, everything works:

Alchemist NPC
Auto Trash
Beyond The Forgotten Ages
Boss Checklist
Calamity
Critter Craze
Crystilium
Dark-Assassin's Mod Library (DALib)
Elements Awoken
Enemy Affixes
Even More Modifiers
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls