Game Mechanics Enemy Spawn Change

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Hey guys, Dakota here. If people make farms, they have to go through the whole trouble of making all the areas around that spot so things can't spawn in them. It can be a real pain. I am not quite sure if this is the only place where it would be helpful, or if something like it is already functioning in the game, but I want to share an idea for a possible fix of this issue.

The idea is simple. Say something spawns in a Mushroom Biome you are standing in. And a Skeleton is off-screen somewhere in a cave. That Skeleton will prevent another Mushroom biome enemy from spawning once the cap is reached. So why not have the first two enemies despawn when two more enemies are ready to spawn? If they aren't on screen, then they should despawn if something else is ready to spawn, but can't because of the spawn cap. It would help people who build farms, and also keep off-screen enemies from being an issue.

That is the basic idea! If I need to elaborate, be sure to let me know! Thanks for reading. Dakota, out.

Back
Top Bottom