NPCs & Enemies Enemy Spawners (Tools for Map Makers)

navynavynavy

Terrarian
Dear Developers,
Dear Community,

After working on a few custom maps, I had always the feeling that something was missing: I was never able to populate areas with specific enemies.
Hence I would love to suggest a customizable spawner:

· The spawning enemies could be selected through a menu or input when interacting with the block.
· The spawner could be a simple 1x2 wide block, and perhaps invisible.
· The spawning could be triggered either through a menu or wire input, such as pressure plates.
· Similar to statues, the drops from spawned enemies could be disabled.

I love how Terraria offers us an insane amount of building materials, but we lack the tools to populate our creations with enemies, encounters and battles.

Just an example: Imagine a dark dungeon, dim lighting, and upon entering a certain area, vampires wake up from their coffins, forcing you into a battle.
I think map makers would love this addition, since it would allow them to setup custom areas, battles, ambushes, and much more. There are endless possibilities!

Such spawners could have so much potential and enhance our experience with custom maps!

Thanks for reading! 😄

statues + echo paint are a thing.

We have 100s of enemies in terraria. So it's not really doable as certain npcs die regardless if not anchored to blocks (Plant AI is funny)

Unfortunately, statues don't cover all enemies, and doing so would be too much work! Hence I suggested a simple block which can be configured through a menu, instead of having a block/statue for each mob which would be insane. I love all the building tools and blocks Terraria provides, but I've been always wishing we could add more enemies to our builds, outside of the current arsenal of statues.

Like a Minecraft mob Spawner…I like the idea but what about controlling the other random spawns you will still get? Also given there are 100s of mobs then I would prefer wirable statues of say the 12 most common enemy mobs in each biome. I mean you can do this using mods or t shock as is already as well as change spawn rates.

Back
Top Bottom