• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Engine no longer involved with Terraria: Otherworld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaikyia

Dungeon Spirit
So, around a few hours ago I found out from a friend linking some tweets that apparently the Vice President of Engine Software (Mr. Rudi) said that they are no longer involved with Terraria: Otherworld on his twitter.

And the worrying thing is for those who don't know, is that this man is the creator of Terraria: Otherworld next to Redigit.

But then, my friend showed me that a 2 days after, the Terraria: Otherworld official twitter replied to a ask that the game is still in development..?

Although the thing is, even though it has been said that it's still in development.. Redigit is working on Terraria 1.3.5. And since Engine seems to be no longer involved with Terraria: OW, will this lead to a major push-back again for the release of the game?

I made this thread to inform you all on this and to get your guys' opinion on this. (Also to raise awareness to maybe get an official public response to this)
Also if anybody has more info on this topic, i'd recommend you post it here.

Sources:
https://twitter.com/Engine_RvdM/status/823937365110640640
https://twitter.com/Engine_RvdM
https://twitter.com/TOW_Game/status/824686930260623361

Edit: Already confirmed, they are no longer involved.

Last edited:

GameKarim

Terrarian
Wow, I am even more confused now xD Some people say the game is finished and others say that it may happen later (or never). Hope one of the devs sees this thread and gives us more information about this.

Salazar

Eye of Cthulhu
You would think that after all of the concerns and doubt from awaiting customers, that Cenx or someone well informed would come in and say something to protect their investment here.

No news and false news on whats going on is just bad for business.

ppowersteef

Paladin
Maybe Mr. Rudi has already done their part for the project and left it at the side of Re-Logic to decide the further touches.

I don't really know though, it seems unlikely that they're giving false information though, maybe more people besides Mr. Rudi and Redigit are working on it? Think about the testing and such.

Greenie

Retinazer
I really hope that this is just a case of Ruud being finished with his part of the project and not a case of disagreements on how something should be made. Usually disagreements between devs affect the final project and make it not nearly as good as it could have been. Otherworld's been looking pretty good from what we've seen of it, and I hope it's staying that way.

Vaikyia

Dungeon Spirit
Maybe Mr. Rudi has already done their part for the project and left it at the side of Re-Logic to decide the further touches.

I don't really know though, it seems unlikely that they're giving false information though, maybe more people besides Mr. Rudi and Redigit are working on it? Think about the testing and such.
I really hope that this is just a case of Ruud being finished with his part of the project and not a case of disagreements on how something should be made. Usually disagreements between devs affect the final project and make it not nearly as good as it could have been. Otherworld's been looking pretty good from what we've seen of it, and I hope it's staying that way.
Yes, but they would be still involved with the game even if the first installation was finished on their part, for updates and further versions of the game.

Look at the way he worded it and the question they asked him.
The question was asking if Engine in a whole was still working on the game, not just Mr. Rudi. Notice how he referenced not only Rudi, but the whole Engine team by saying "Did you guys" instead of only "Did you".

And the answer to their ask was "no longer involved with it.. check with the peepz at Re-logic" Meaning that Engine, in a whole; is no longer involved with Terraria: Otherworld.

Also, I've already made a profile post on Cenx's profile asking about this a few hours before making this thread. She's looked at her profile and this thread since then, I was glancing at her online status for a few hours after I posted it to see if she's noticed either so that's how I know. But she hasn't responded to either even though she has seen them.

This probably means that she's dodging the question because something IS wrong, or they plan to say something about this on the front page regarding this. If this was false, I have no reason to see her not denying this immediately.

FlyKip

Plantera
Maybe the game is done so he left
Yes, but they would be still involved with the game even if the first installation was finished on their part, for updates and further versions of the game.

Look at the way he worded it and the question they asked him.
The question was asking if Engine in a whole was still working on the game, not just Mr. Rudi. Notice how he referenced not only Rudi, but the whole Engine team by saying "Did you guys" instead of only "Did you".

And the answer to their ask was "no longer involved with it.. check with the peepz at Re-logic" Meaning that Engine, in a whole; is no longer involved with Terraria: Otherworld.

Also, I've already made a profile post on Cenx's profile asking about this a few hours before making this thread. She's looked at her profile and this thread since then, I was glancing at her online status for a few hours after I posted it to see if she's noticed either so that's how I know. But she hasn't responded to either even though she has seen them.

This probably means that she's dodging the question because something IS wrong, or they plan to say something about this on the front page regarding this. If this was false, I have no reason to see her not denying this immediately.
We know it in our hearts. Otherworld has been disbanded. ;(

Vaikyia

Dungeon Spirit

MournfulRelic

The Destroyer
Nope! It's still in development, confirmed by Cenx right here a few minutes after I posted my last message here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/cenx.5/#profile-post-287663

But she still hasn't confirmed or unconfirmed what Rudi said on his Twitter, which is most likely a sign that they aren't fully ready to tell everybody yet.
It looks like they're avoiding the question, which is probably either a sign that they don't want to say anything about the matter, or that it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom