Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Eh

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Naw (State why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lizardead

Skeletron
So recently I was starting up a new character and a few things annoyed me about player creation:
  1. There's only a few hairstyles with beards.
  2. The ones they do have suck.
  3. Other than hair you can't change anything other than the colour of your player.
So, I came up with this.

Beards:
Beards would, instead of being tied to particular hairstyles, would be a separate tab where you could change the style and colour of your beard. Only helmets that cover the player's entire head would overwrite it.

Head Type:
In the skin settings, above where you would normally change your skin colour, would be a "Head Type" button where you could select one of 3 different races:
  • Human: Normal Player model.
  • Goblin: Goblin Head. Always bald, but other than that has everything the character has.
  • Mushroom: Variation of Truffle Head. In place of hair is a mushroom cap that you can customize the colour of.
All helmets would overwrite the current head model and replace it with the standard character.

Eyes:
Functions like the head type, but never overwritten.

Mockups:

Untitled.png

Raw Sprites:

Player_Hair_3.png

That's all I have for now, although I'll probably be updating this eventually. Let me know what you thought!

So recently I was starting up a new character and a few things annoyed me about player creation:
  1. There's only a few hairstyles with beards.
  2. The ones they do have suck.
  3. Other than hair you can't change anything other than the colour of your player.
So, I came up with this.

Beards:
Beards would, instead of being tied to particular hairstyles, would be a separate tab where you could change the style and colour of your beard. Only helmets that cover the player's entire head would overwrite it.

Head Type:
In the skin settings, above where you would normally change your skin colour, would be a "Head Type" button where you could select one of 3 different races:
  • Human: Normal Player model.
  • Goblin: Goblin Head. Always bald, but other than that has everything the character has.
  • Mushroom: Variation of Truffle Head. In place of hair is a mushroom cap that you can customize the colour of.
All helmets would overwrite the current head model and replace it with the standard character.

Eyes:
Functions like the head type, but never overwritten.

Mockups:

View attachment 57283
Raw Sprites:

View attachment 57286
That's all I have for now, although I'll probably be updating this eventually. Let me know what you thought!
This Is Awesome :)

I was going to say something about how this would be a massive undertaking for Crowno and other spriters, but then I read that all abnormal head models would be overwritten when wearing helmets. With that bit, I have to say, that this is a nicely thought out and simple suggestion.

I hope that this makes it into the game at some point.

thats acctually a good idea although the truffle may be a bit too far but other than that adding a few other "races" to choose from like the goblin and who knows maybe the lizhard would acctually be kinda cool

Back
Top Bottom