Texture Pack High Definition version of all textures up to Terraria 1.4.4.6

Wonder if there is a new way of adding in resource packs into the game now.
Cause before with TML you had to have a zip file named Texture Pack and it'll work, now it doesn't.

Hey psmith, awesome work with this pack, I was refreshing this page for 2 days straight waiting for the forums to be back again to download the 1.4 version, but I noticed something, some NPCs and the HUD are not filtered, is this an oversight? Also, the original stars and hearts for the HP and Mana meters are filtered but not the new visuals, I would love to see the little bars with the mod.

Here's a screenshot showing only the Dryad, Arms Dealer, Tavern Guy, and Guide retextured, all other NPCs seems to be vanilla (also the HP/MP bars).

20200518124129_1.jpg

Hey psmith, awesome work with this pack, I was refreshing this page for 2 days straight waiting for the forums to be back again to download the 1.4 version, but I noticed something, some NPCs and the HUD are not filtered, is this an oversight? Also, the original stars and hearts for the HP and Mana meters are filtered but not the new visuals, I would love to see the little bars with the mod.

Here's a screenshot showing only the Dryad, Arms Dealer, Tavern Guy, and Guide retextured, all other NPCs seems to be vanilla (also the HP/MP bars).

View attachment 271466
He didn't converted them, they located in Images - UI - Playerresources - HorizontalBars
, it's missing there, even images aren't in the pack.

Indeed it looks like Terraria 1.4 has a few new folders in its Images folder. I'll try to update my texture pack in the next few days to include these new folders as well. But it might take a while depending on how many customisation is needed to convert the new textures.

I cant figure out how to install it. I dont know how but I really like the look and I want it soooo bad, but I don't know how to. ;-; can someone help me?

I uploaded 0.11 to my github: sullerandras/terraria-hd-textures
This should contain all newly added textures in 1.4.0.2, including some ui elements as well. Note that it's in TexturePack format.

Let me know what you think. Are there still missing textures? Is it better in TexturePack format or i should keep releasing the zipped xnb files instead?

I didn't notice that there is already a new 1.4.0.3 version so i will update my texture pack later for this new version -_-

I ran through the map, looked at all the items I had in chests and it seems that everything is fine except for the mage NPC which is still not retextured for some reason:

Terraria_bJnBJst00b.png

As for the 1.4.0.3, notes says "Added a large quantity of art asset revisions, mostly minor touch ups, but several with substantial changes, most notably, the Molten weapons and tools, Clentaminator, and S.D.M.G." Aside from the mentioned items I have no idea how you would find the items that changed and just thinking about it gives me a headache.

About the install method, I like the "ResourcePacks" folder method, it's a lot simpler and more intuitive, it would just be nice if you gave instructions about where to install it on the readme file, lots of people don't know about the new method of installing texture packs.

Now if you don't mind, how exactly are you managing to work on this mod? Long ago I was trying to do precisely the same thing myself but didn't manage to find a 'batch XBR/XBRZ filter applier', and the thought of changing every single texture one by one made me abandon the project, I wish a software like Gigapixel existed for this kind of filter so I could just drag thousands of textures at the same time and just leave it there for half an hour and BAM! Done!

Anyway, once again, I really appreciate the work you've been doing man, keep it up. ;)

I ran through the map, looked at all the items I had in chests and it seems that everything is fine except for the mage NPC which is still not retextured for some reason:

View attachment 272624

As for the 1.4.0.3, notes says "Added a large quantity of art asset revisions, mostly minor touch ups, but several with substantial changes, most notably, the Molten weapons and tools, Clentaminator, and S.D.M.G." Aside from the mentioned items I have no idea how you would find the items that changed and just thinking about it gives me a headache.

About the install method, I like the "ResourcePacks" folder method, it's a lot simpler and more intuitive, it would just be nice if you gave instructions about where to install it on the readme file, lots of people don't know about the new method of installing texture packs.

Now if you don't mind, how exactly are you managing to work on this mod? Long ago I was trying to do precisely the same thing myself but didn't manage to find a 'batch XBR/XBRZ filter applier', and the thought of changing every single texture one by one made me abandon the project, I wish a software like Gigapixel existed for this kind of filter so I could just drag thousands of textures at the same time and just leave it there for half an hour and BAM! Done!

Anyway, once again, I really appreciate the work you've been doing man, keep it up. ;)

I uploaded a 0.12 version to my github yesterday which should contain all textures from 1.4.0.3: sullerandras/terraria-hd-textures
I didn't have time to test that it actually works. Let me know if there are still missing textures.

The whole source code for my texture pack is available on my github page i linked above, so you can see how i did it. I believe i use this program to batch update images (XBR and XBRz filters): 2dimagefilter by Hawkynt
It takes about half hour to go through all the steps. It can be significantly longer if there are issues with textures. The most common issue is that some textures contain random pixels in the "separator" lines, and i have to manually whitelist those textures and rerun it. For the 1.4 release i had to whitelist about 5 textures.

just a issue that when i enable this pack, i can't run the game once i close it, it shows below error(reinstall the game won't help), don't know whether this issue happens to me only, i need to remove the pack then i can run the game again
Error.jpg

Here I included a photo. I tried to use it both zipped and unzipped (I also re named it Texture Pack.zip)

Attachments

• IMG_20200522_153456.jpg
    IMG_20200522_153456.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 182
just a issue that when i enable this pack, i can't run the game once i close it, it shows below error(reinstall the game won't help), don't know whether this issue happens to me only, i need to remove the pack then i can run the game again
I ran into this issue as well. Since it works the first time, i think the issue is not with my texture pack, i must be a bug in terraria. Unzipping my texture pack (and removing the zip file from ResourcePacks) solved the problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom