Other Enhanced World creation options

Xemgoa

Plantera
I believe I brushed up on this topic before regarding greater world sizes, but that fell on cold hard facts that its all that Terraria can handle.

I think world creation could have a bit more options to choose from, several I can list off from the top of my head is:
  • Determining what biomes will be present in the world when generating a new one. Being able to choose one or more, allowing either worlds to consist of one type of biome or more. (Though I feel Crimson/Corruption and Hollow can't be disabled, since they are a necessity, but we got other worlds if we need something.)
  • Ore density, if ores and minerals will come in larger or smaller nodes. Creating the difficulty for survival when scavenging for materials, or for the casual who prefers to be richly rewarded for exploring.
  • Adjusting the enemy spawn rate, we have the magic, potions and tools to enhance the enemy spawn ratio. But I'd like to have more of an effect of if they will come in hordes, or becoming scarce. (I'm also deciding if I should suggest an option to increase or decrease their strength before creating the world for a more difficult challenge, between making them just cannon fodder or bloody weapons of mass destruction).
  • Drop rate. I'm not thinking its one of the best ideas, but I felt this would pair beautifully with 'ore density', for making resources scarce and more difficult to procure. Leaving players trying to be a bit more careful and conservative. Or for the casual who wants to be richly rewarded.
I'm thinking of several others, input, criticism and praise are welcome. But the input and criticism have to be constructive.

Back
Top Bottom