NPCs & Enemies Enigma Armor

There’s a difference between a challenge and a grind. A challenge requires skill to complete, while a grind simply wastes your time. What you have proposed is not a challenge, it’s a grind.

-There is no satisfaction in defeating all of Terraria’s story bosses with endgame equipment. It’s like testing the Pokemon League Champion’s ability to defeat Brock’s level 12 Geodude and level 14 Onix. Any story boss fought before the Lunatic Cultist gets melted alive by the likes of SDMG and Last Prism, and you should be smart enough to know that.

-If you’re testing someone’s ability to complete a challenge, then give them the reward after they’ve proven themselves once. If you need to gate the reward behind hours of mindless grinding, then what you have is not a challenge, unless you are challenging people not to give up out of boredom.

-An armour set with grossly overpowered stats is not an appropriate reward, for anyone who completes what is intended to be the game’s hardest PvE challenge (which, in its current form, this suggestion is not) has almost certainly evolved past the desire to own such ridiculously strong items.

I think the best form this suggestion could take is a unique vanity item that has a 100% chance to drop from a Moon Lord treasure bag, but only in a singleplayer world, and only if the character that opens it has 100 maximum HP. This creates a playthrough challenge that is even harder than your normal Expert mode run (since many enemies can one-shot you), but is obtainable without luck by those who are able to do it. It’s not very similar in practice to the original suggestion, but maybe it’s the sort of challenge you intended to suggest.

How i said in my last post, (and in like 3 other also) its not meant to be a challenge, its a mechanic to prevent people from getting it before the prospective Lunar Armor, because its use renders without them to nothing.

Also (and i said even that a couple of times in my last posts, do you guys even read what i write ??) you dont need to make the armor op, add a couple of points to the stats/time to set boni/increased abilitys/whatever.

If the game would have a mechanic that gives me such an item after defeating the Boss i would just stop at 2% HP, heal myself to 100% and then kill the moonlord with the last hit.

I know very well how fast you can kill the Storyline Bosses with Endgame-Gear, i have a Ranger loadout that can kill the moonlord in about 15 seconds. So i dont want to challenge Marmoria City with a Lv. 100 Gyarados, i want to Run the Kanto Region plus Pokémon League in about 15-20 Minutes so im able to enter the Azuria City Dungeon and catch Mewtwo after i defeated Gary. Does this make sense ?

Last edited:
How i said in my last post, (and in like 3 other also) its not meant to be a challenge, its a mechanic to prevent people from getting it before the prospective Lunar Armor, because its use renders without them to nothing.

Also (and i said even that a couple of times in my last posts, do you guys even read what i write ??) you dont need to make the armor op, add a couple of points to the stats/time to set boni/increased abilitys/whatever.

If the game would have a mechanic that gives me such an item after defeating the Boss i would just stop at 2% HP, heal myself to 100% and then kill the moonlord with the last hit.

I know very well how fast you can kill the Storyline Bosses with Endgame-Gear, i have a Ranger loadout that can kill the moonlord in about 15 seconds. So i dont want to challenge Marmoria City with a Lv. 100 Gyarados, i want to Run the Kanto Region plus Pokémon League in about 15-20 Minutes so im able to enter the Azuria City Dungeon and catch Mewtwo after i defeated Gary. Does this make sense ?
I think you're not quite interpreting this right. I think what's trying to be said is that challenge or mechanic, it is not very fun to fight the same bosses with post-Moon Lord gear.

I can live with that small boost, but I most definitely wouldn't grind for it.

I'm not too sure why you would stop there, instead of say 99%, but that could easily be fixed by having it check your max health at the end of the fight, which due to invasions and the nurse conditions is something we know can be done.

No, that’s not what I meant. What I meant is that you would have to kill the Moon Lord with a character that has never used a single Life Crystal. Now that is a challenge.

its not meant to be a challenge
It really did sound like you intended for it to be one at first. If this is the case, it shouldn’t surprise you that this idea has appealed to no one else. People want to be rewarded for completing a challenge; they don’t want to be rewarded for spending time repeating old content they’ve been through before. Last I checked, you don’t have to repeat the entire 8 gym challenge and Pokemon League to enter Cerulean Cave and face Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom