Switch Entire map has been loaded and fully explored

poakakai

Terrarian
image.jpg

For whatever reason my entire map has loaded after being reset for a couple days. I primarily play online multiplayer. This happened a little while after defeating plantera. It’s a really cool glitch, and is frankly quite helpful. But, it is very confusing. I don’t know what’s up with the black bars, and when I explore an area the black bars disappear and it looks normal. Also, I can use my cursor to see things you could normally find on the map (pots, life fruits, chests, etc.)

View attachment 280621
For whatever reason my entire map has loaded after being reset for a couple days. I primarily play online multiplayer. This happened a little while after defeating plantera. It’s a really cool glitch, and is frankly quite helpful. But, it is very confusing. I don’t know what’s up with the black bars, and when I explore an area the black bars disappear and it looks normal. Also, I can use my cursor to see things you could normally find on the map (pots, life fruits, chests, etc.)
Wow @poakakai, that certainly opens up the map. If you haven't already, I suggest sending your info straight to Pipeworks (the team porting the game to console) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form. You can include your screenshot as well and as many details as you can remember that happened right before you got this map glitch.

View attachment 280621
I have the same glitch. Did you find a way to fix it

I have the same glitch. Did you find a way to fix it
I’m not @poakakai, but I don’t believe there is a fix, no.

I don’t have any resolution or workaround to offer, but to let you know that DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully this issue won’t be present when that releases.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

I don’t have any resolution or workaround to offer, but to let you know that DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully this issue won’t be present when that releases.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Alright thanks for letting me know m8

So my friend joined my world and now the map is back to normal👍🏻

I got a similar error. After hosting on my world, I quickly exited out because it was the wrong world. When I cane back, the only part of the map that was showing was the surface layer. Not space, not underground, just the surface

I got a similar error. After hosting on my world, I quickly exited out because it was the wrong world. When I cane back, the only part of the map that was showing was the surface layer. Not space, not underground, just the surface
Try getting someone to join your world a couple of times. That's what fixed mine. Migjt not work tho

Omg now it's happening to me

Back
Top Bottom