EOW despawning himself

Blazmatic

Steampunker
EOW keeps on despawning by himself, he goes underground and despawns, I have no idea why it happens (it is multiplayer)

One reason he might despawn is if you attempt to take him out of the corruption. If you build an arena too high you can cause the same effect of attempting to take him out of the corruption. Could you screenshot the place you are fighting him at?

One reason he might despawn is if you attempt to take him out of the corruption. If you build an arena too high you can cause the same effect of attempting to take him out of the corruption. Could you screenshot the place you are fighting him at?
I've taken him out of the corruption to many times to count and he never despawned

Really? Hmm, I must have been mistaken. Could have sworn that's how it worked, but I suppose I could be wrong. None the less, could you take a screenshot of the area is de-spawning at? That might give us some clues.

I suppose I'm confused to the wording of your post or the wiki. From what I read from your post and quote, it sounds like the eater of worlds does indeed despawn when the player leaves the biome. Which is what I thought and said in my original post and confirmed in my third post. So it sounds like we're saying the same thing.

Unless you mean, you're just correcting the Brain of Cthulu part not behaving like the EoW. In which case I understand and am on the same page.

Unless you mean, you're just correcting the Brain of Cthulu part not behaving like the EoW. In which case I understand and am on the same page.
Yes, correcting the statement on the Brain of Cthulu. Wiki page says BoC can be taken out of the Crimson, but the release notes for 1.3.1 confirm BoC can't leave the Crimson. (I would correct the Wiki, but don't feel like making a Twitch account...)
Apologies for any confusion! :)

Leaving the corruption causes him to despawn.

Happened to me one time when I summoned him on the surface of the corruption and then flew too high, which changed the biome to default (forest).

Back
Top Bottom