Items Equalizing Early-game ammo

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
You'll get what I mean when I've explained it all. (Don't worry, it won't take long.)

First off, Tungsten Bullets. Silver Bullets can be crafted, but there is no alternate for Tungsten worlds, which bothers the OCD part of my brain. This is a simple proposition for a new, slightly better counterpart. Found anywhere Silver Bullets are, but on Tungsten worlds instead of Silver worlds.

<F for the fallen images from TO>
Tungsten Bullet
Damage: 10
Velocity: 4.75
Knockback: 3
Buy: 25
Copper_Coin.png

Sell: 5
Copper_Coin.png

Recipe:
Musket_Ball.png
(70) Musket Balls
Tungsten_Bar.png
Tungsten Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 70.

Silver_Bullet.png

Silver Bullet
Damage: 9
Velocity: 4.5
Buy: 15
Copper_Coin.png

Sell: 3
Copper_Coin.png

Recipe:
Musket_Ball.png
(70) Musket Balls
Silver_Bar.png
Silver Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 70.

What about a crafting recipe for Musket Balls? They're the Wooden Arrow of the Bullets, so it would make sense to have them craftable in addition to being sold. Just like Wooden Arrows, they are equally easy to craft on any world, regardless of what ores are present. Arms Dealer will only show up when a gun has been acquired.

Musket_Ball.png

Musket Ball
Recipe:
Lead_Bar.png
Iron_Bar.png
Iron or Lead Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 35.

As for Bows, Arrows don't even have a Silver Bullet counterpart. Iron and Lead Arrows would suffice. Iron/Lead Arrows are sold by the Merchant in addition to Wooden Arrows whenever its a Full or Blood Moon, and are always sold after Skeletron has been defeated. They can be found on worlds with their respective ore.

index.php

Iron Arrow
Damage: 5
Velocity: 3.5
Knockback: 2.5
Buy: 15
Copper_Coin.png

Sell: 3
Copper_Coin.png

Recipe:
Wood.png
(10) Wood
Iron_Bar.png
Iron Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 50.

index.php

Lead Arrow
Damage: 6
Velocity: 3.5
Buy: 25
Copper_Coin.png

Sell: 5
Copper_Coin.png

Recipe:
Wood.png
(10) Wood
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 50.

Wooden_Arrow.png

Wooden Arrow
Damage: 4
Velocity: 3
Knockback: 2
Buy: 10
Copper_Coin.png

Sell: 2
Copper_Coin.png

Recipe:
Wood.png
Wood
Stone_Block.png
Stone Block
@ a Work Bench. Recipe makes 5.

Wooden_Arrow.png
Flaming_Arrow.png
index.php
index.php

Iron and Lead Arrows can be used as substitute for all crafting recipes that use Wooden Arrows, with the exception of Flaming Arrows. Also, Frostburn Arrows are crafted with Iron/Lead Arrows instead of Wooden ones. In-game, recipes that can use either type would simply be refer to them as "Arrows." Flaming Arrows would specifically require Wooden, and Frostburn Arrows would specifically require Iron or Lead.

Molten_Fury.png
Hellfire_Arrow.png

Now, it occurs to me that the Molten Fury could be given a new ability if Iron and Lead arrows were introduced. Since the Molten Fury can turn Wooden Arrows into Flaming Arrows, what about turning Iron/Lead Arrows into Hellfire Arrows? That would make it a better rival to the OP as Hell (pun) Phoenix Blaster.

That's it for the suggestion. Feedback is appreciated! Post any thoughts you have!

Last edited:
I vouch this, but iron and lead arrows should be equally good/expensive. Not doing so would make the lead counterpart better and disbalancing the worlds and that would create a lot of hassle.

Edit: also tungsten should be equal to silver.
Well, Lead and Iron aren't equal, and neither are Silver and Tungsten, so you'll have to keep living with it.

A solution would be to have [placeholder name] and Metal Arrows that can be crafted with either material.

It occurs to me that Flaming Arrows shouldn't be able to be made with Iron/Lead Arrows, since they sometimes drop Wooden Arrows upon hitting something. To make up for this, Frostburn Arrows are crafted with Iron/Lead Arrows instead of Wooden ones, which also is an excuse for their higher damage. In-game, recipes that can use either type would simply be refer to them as "Arrows." Flaming Arrows would specifically ask for Wooden, and Frostburn Arrows would specifically as for Iron or Lead.

Also, updated the Arrows' sprites, so now they are easily distinguishable from Wooden Arrows:
Iron Arrow.png
Lead Arrow.png

Along with an updated Frostburn Arrow to match:
New Frostburn Arrow.png

Last edited:
I don't know how you manage to find the easiest and most decent suggestions so easily . But I agree there was a definite limit in early arrow variety :p

Back
Top Bottom