tModLoader Equipment Upgrader mod

Max upgrade level should restricted before hardmode

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreeing with what VolcanicMG said up above ^ (although I prefer the coins more since I can just relax in my coin farm without the hassle of having to fight a boss manually but thats probably just me being lazy) or you can choose to toggle if you prefer coins or tokens to upgrade in some sort of config option

Two more suggestions:
1.) Is there any way this mod would be compatible with Thorium's Bard and Healer classes? Like increased empowerment duration for the Bard weapon and like bonus healing for the Healer?
2.) Might be a bit controversial but, limiting the upgrades to like specific numbers depending on the bosses you have killed (Eye of Cthulhu - up to +10, Skeletron - up to +15)? I feel like it would add some progression. Of course you can just always make it toggleable as a config option

Coming together great so far!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'm currently working on at least having some compatability with calamity classes (such as rogue class), afterwards I might look into other mods. However there is quite a bad technical limitation that I'm facing at the moment, which is preventing me from adding more prefix types (such as a bard prefix or a healer prefix).. So I might have to revise how some of this is set up, which might require a lot of work.

As for adding an upgrade amount cap based on boss progress; it's possible but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I was kind of hoping that just having the bosses drop tokens and the prices going up exponentially would already be enough to sort of mimick this type of progess. To help with this I am also going to make upgrades less effective and more expensive once again, for the sake of balance. But to offset that, I'm adding a config option that allows the upgrades to be much more extreme, in case there's people that are interested in simply being overpowered.

Additionally I think for now I will stick with the tokens only as it helps to balance against stuff like afk farming coins. This also means less work for me because that way I don't have to balance around 2 currencies. But maybe later it could be added back in.

Update hopefully coming today!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'm currently working on at least having some compatability with calamity classes (such as rogue class), afterwards I might look into other mods. However there is quite a bad technical limitation that I'm facing at the moment, which is preventing me from adding more prefix types (such as a bard prefix or a healer prefix).. So I might have to revise how some of this is set up, which might require a lot of work.

As for adding an upgrade amount cap based on boss progress; it's possible but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I was kind of hoping that just having the bosses drop tokens and the prices going up exponentially would already be enough to sort of mimick this type of progess. To help with this I am also going to make upgrades less effective and more expensive once again, for the sake of balance. But to offset that, I'm adding a config option that allows the upgrades to be much more extreme, in case there's people that are interested in simply being overpowered.

Additionally I think for now I will stick with the tokens only as it helps to balance against stuff like afk farming coins. This also means less work for me because that way I don't have to balance around 2 currencies. But maybe later it could be added back in.

Update hopefully coming today!

Can't wait for the cross-mod class upgrades to be added in!
Also is there a way for us to turn the upgrade prefix like "ranged +20" to be a simple suffix like "+20" I just don't want my weapons to be too wordy. Haven't tested it out but do tools also work with this? like a pickaxe

Can't wait for the cross-mod class upgrades to be added in!
Also is there a way for us to turn the upgrade prefix like "ranged +20" to be a simple suffix like "+20" I just don't want my weapons to be too wordy. Haven't tested it out but do tools also work with this? like a pickaxe

There is a technical reason for the fact that they are named melee, ranged, magic. Sorry about that, hopefully I can fix it at some point. I could explain why, if you are interested, but I wont go into too much detail here.

Personally what I feel this mod needs is a counter balance, while your weapon becomes stronger... Something has to become weaker
I don't have any ideas as to what just yet thou

*snaps fingers*

What if it requires max life (negative statLifeMax2) and or max mana (negative statManaMax2) to upgrade weapons? And you can only get it back by resetting old ones?

But then that brings up the problem of what would happen if you lost those weapons? Your health&mana would be trapped inside and lost :/

New update released! Here's some of the changes:

- Reworked entire upgrade system so it doesn't use prefixes anymore.
- Prefixes can now be combined with upgrades from this mod.
- Changed Upgrade Token max stack size to 99999.
- Rebalanced stats and prices.
- Upgrade Tokens will drop from (modded) bosses/enemies, the more life they have the more you can get. Max drop amount is now 350 including modded enemies.
- Made all vanilla weapons upgradeable.
- Added support for Calamity's Rogue class and Thoriums Healer, Throwing and Bard classes. Not fully tested, might still be a bit wonky.
- Added config setting that allows toggling of stronger (overpowered) upgrades.
- Added config setting that allows toggling the upgradetier maximum from +40 to +255.
- Fixed bugs.

One think I might add later is a limit to upgrades of +15-20 before hardmode and +40 after hardmode.

Last edited:
New update released! Here's some of the changes:

- Reworked entire upgrade system so it doesn't use prefixes anymore.
- Prefixes can now be combined with upgrades from this mod.
- Changed Upgrade Token max stack size to 99999.
- Rebalanced stats and prices.
- Upgrade Tokens will drop from (modded) bosses/enemies, the more life they have the more you can get. Max drop amount is now 350 including modded enemies.
- Made all vanilla weapons upgradeable.
- Added support for Calamity's Rogue class and Thoriums Healer, Throwing and Bard classes. Not fully tested, might still be a bit wonky.
- Added config setting that allows toggling of stronger (overpowered) upgrades.
- Added config setting that allows toggling the upgradetier maximum from +40 to +255.
- Fixed bugs.

Will try this out once I get home! I'll tell you if I find any issues :)

Thank you for the update! On a side note, Upgrade BEFORE you reforge your weapons, or else it deletes the stats.

Thank you for the update! On a side note, Upgrade BEFORE you reforge your weapons, or else it deletes the stats.
Going to look into that, thanks for reporting it :)

Edit: should be fixed now.

Last edited:
I have tried it with a few weapon types and no luck.

That is odd, what other mods do you have enabled and what items have you tried? Hopefully I can reproduce it, then it should be an easy fix. But if I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it :/

Hi wanted to ask if you can spawn the npc by a command or something ? My npc got killed and he is still not spawning after like 4h of irl time and also maybe found a bug all my upgraded weapons lost the upgrades idk how it could of happened i only left my world and came back coz i was lagging and my upgrades where all gone.

Mods:

"AccessorySlotsPlus",
"AlchemistNPC",
"ApacchiisClassesMod",
"BaseLibrary",
"BossChecklist",
"CalamityMod",
"Census",
"ContainerLibrary",
"ExtraGunGear",
"Fargowiltas",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"FasterPickaxes",
"Fishing3",
"FluidLibrary",
"HEROsMod",
"ItemControl",
"LansAutoJoinTeam",
"MagicStorage",
"MagicWeaponsPlus",
"MaxStackExtra",
"MoreAccessories",
"OmniSwing",
"PlayerStats",
"PortableStorage",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ShorterRespawn",
"StarHell",
"ThoriamityConvergence",
"ThoriumMod",
"UniverseOfBows",
"UniverseOfSwordsMod",
"UpgradeEquipment",
"VeinMiner",
"WingSlot",
"WMITF"

Tried multiple vanilla weapons. Space Gun also didnt give tokens upon refunding.

Hi wanted to ask if you can spawn the npc by a command or something ? My npc got killed and he is still not spawning after like 4h of irl time and also maybe found a bug all my upgraded weapons lost the upgrades idk how it could of happened i only left my world and came back coz i was lagging and my upgrades where all gone.
He can only spawn when you have more than 10 silver in your inventory. And the upgrades might all be gone because I completely reworked the system of upgrades and released a new version several hours ago, is there any chance that when you upgraded they were still a prefix? like "melee +40 Megashark"?

Last edited:
He can only spawn when you have more than 10 silver in your inventory. And the upgrades might all be gone because I completely reworked the system of upgrades and released a new version several hours ago, is there any chance that when you upgraded they were still a prefix? like "melee +40 Megashark"? Additionally, if you ever disable the mod and come back, the upgrades will also be gone. Because I don't think i can save anything when it's disabled.
yeah they had a prefix excactly the one you typed lmao and i didnt disable anything so idk what happend ill try just running around with like 1 gold in my inv and see if he spawns

Back
Top Bottom