"ThoriamityConvergence",
"ThoriumMod",
"UniverseOfBows",
"UniverseOfSwordsMod",
"UpgradeEquipment",
"VeinMiner",
"WingSlot",
"WMITF"

Tried multiple vanilla weapons. Space Gun also didnt give tokens upon refunding.
I downloaded everything and tested the space gun, it still works for me, so i really have no idea what's going on. Sorry either way and I hope I can figure out it :/

It's not a big deal honestly :p. On a side note, any chance we can get a slider for max upgrade levels? I'd like it to be adjustable <3

He can only spawn when you have more than 10 silver in your inventory. And the upgrades might all be gone because I completely reworked the system of upgrades and released a new version several hours ago, is there any chance that when you upgraded they were still a prefix? like "melee +40 Megashark"?
so ive been running around for like an hour with 30 gold in my inv he still didnt show up

Seems to be a little broken items just stop upgrading randomly even after I disabled every other mod and made a fresh world and character.

Like the idea, but I feel the mod's icon is a little misleading. Seeing as weapons only get buffed, not entirely upgraded into new weapons.

Seems to be a little broken items just stop upgrading randomly even after I disabled every other mod and made a fresh world and character.
There was a bug that occured if you had 2 stacks of upgrade tokens. If the price was 2000 upgrade tokens and you had 1000 in 1 stack and 9999 in the other, it would think you only had 1000 and thus couldn't afford the upgrade. I hope that's what you were experiencing which should be fixed in the new update. If it still happens let me know and maybe attach a screenshot/video of what is going wrong :) Thanks!

so ive been running around for like an hour with 30 gold in my inv he still didnt show up
I have made the NPC always spawnable now, despite the amount of coins a player has. So it honestly should work now if you have valid housing space. I have gotten him to move in naturally several times :/

I have made the NPC always spawnable now, despite the amount of coins a player has. So it honestly should work now if you have valid housing space. I have gotten him to move in naturally several times :/
yeah thx he finally spawned it took like an hour but atleast he is here thx so much

There should be multiple types of tokens that have limits on the max level they can upgrade weapons to that changes depending on the weapon (for example tokens dropped by golem could upgrade items dropped by plantera a little bit and could upgrade a wooden sword a ton)

There should be multiple types of tokens that have limits on the max level they can upgrade weapons to that changes depending on the weapon (for example tokens dropped by golem could upgrade items dropped by plantera a little bit and could upgrade a wooden sword a ton)
It's a nice idea but there are some downsides to this that I don't think necessarily outweigh the upsides:

1. Personally I really dislike when a mod fills up your entire inventory with stuff, especially when that stuff is outranked and pretty much useless already. So 10 different tokens has the risk of becoming annoying.
  2. It would be tons of work to do this for every vanilla item in the game.
  3. It would be even more work and perhaps impossible to do this for modded content.

It's a nice idea but there are some downsides to this that I don't think necessarily outweigh the upsides:

1. Personally I really dislike when a mod fills up your entire inventory with stuff, especially when that stuff is outranked and pretty much useless already. So 10 different tokens has the risk of becoming annoying.
  2. It would be tons of work to do this for every vanilla item in the game.
  3. It would be even more work and perhaps impossible to do this for modded content.
My idea was to base it off of the tier rank thingy (the thing that decides the color of the weapons name) but i just realised that would cause problems with reforges

Hey! I suddenly cant upgrade any non vanilla weapons anymore and even some hardmode vanilla weapons are not upgradeable.

I tried to disable all mods and still no luck.

Before the last update everything worked just fine, but now I cannot upgrade like all the stuff I use post moon lord.

Hey! I suddenly cant upgrade any non vanilla weapons anymore and even some hardmode vanilla weapons are not upgradeable.

I tried to disable all mods and still no luck.

Before the last update everything worked just fine, but now I cannot upgrade like all the stuff I use post moon lord.
Do you mean pressing the upgrade button does nothing, or the upgrade button is hidden completely when placing one of those items in the slot?

When i try to put the weapon into the slot, it just doesnt work. It works with some weapons but it doesnt with the majority.

Its like if u try to put armor into the slot

First off; LOVE the mod, great idea, simple execution, and lets you keep using weapons you like, that would otherwise be outclassed by other weapons. But, there are some issues. Namely; this mod makes anything upgradeable, ridiculously overpowered. Like, I can kill eye of cthulu in seconds, with a +15 enchanted sword, which only costs 10 platinum to make, before I'm even done with pre-hardmode.. Money farms are not hard to set up, and allow me to get upwards of 10 platinum in about an hour, which is more than what's needed to get the enchanted sword to +15, and it all-but invalidates all other weapons in pre hardmode, and even some in hardmode. I chose the enchanted sword because you can get it before you do anything else, and sure, it'd be harder to upgrade it without a wire money farm, so it's not that great until you get past skeletron, but that's besides the point. So, my personal recommendations to you, that I think would help with balance majorly are:
1.) Increase the price or lower the value of each upgrade; Either make it so that it costs a LOT to have a weapon that good, maybe a 4x increase in price, or make it so that the upgrades are... Less so. Something like 4x less powerful? The +10 version of a weapon should be the +40 version. 150% (roughly) bonus damage is MASSIVE, maybe 200% bonus damage at +40 if you really wanna be crazy with it, but +1000% more damage just, kind of breaks the game? Like, at +40, an enchanted sword can easily carry me all the way through to golem. Easily, without a doubt. It's stronger than the terra blade.

2.) Limit the amount of upgrades available based on certain achievements throughout the game, i.e; you can only go past +3 once you've beaten the Eye of Cthulu, and +5 once you've beaten the eater of worlds, and +8 once you've beaten queen bee, and +10 once you've beaten skeletron, etc, etc, etc. This way, you can't just, say, leave your computer on with an AFK farm while you go to work/school, come home to 200 platinum, and immediately have a wooden broadsword capable of defeating the moon lord (Mite be an exaggeration but I haven't tested it), plus, basing it on only the vanilla bosses makes sure that it has compatibility with mods, as the modded bosses wouldn't have any effect on the level of upgrade available.

3.) Change the upgrades based on the items, and include tools! Make it so swords get a different upgrade from bows, which get a different upgrade from magic, which get a different upgrade from pickaxes, etc. Tool upgrades wouldn't upgrade the damage, but instead could upgrade the tool's proficiency (i.e, a +0.5 to pickaxe power for every level of upgrade) and speed of the tool, while a boomerang's upgrades would be damage and knockback, or a yoyo's upgrades would negatively influence knockback, making it easier to keep enemies in a damage loop, or making the yoyo stay out longer, or anything like that.

These are just my ideas for this mod though, because I really want to see this mod succeed, as it would quickly get a place on my "must have" mods list, up there with magic storage, veinminer, boss checklist, and other extremely helpful but not gamebreaking utility mods. Hopefully this helps and gives you some insight on the balance of the mod! I'll attach pictures of what a +40 version of a 24 damage modded weapon ended up looking like (Yes, I know, "its modded so of course it's overpowered," thats why I used the enchanted sword as an example for the rest of this "review," this was just the weapon that made me realize how overpowered this mod currently is.)

.View attachment 234349 View attachment 234348
Uhm how did you get that "ranged" part and how did you get 2 class at once?

Back
Top Bottom