Error code (0xc0000005)

Fibbler

Terrarian
Hey, so I started playing Terraria again a couple days ago and wanted to mess with mods. After installing them, playing, and restarting my computer, I start getting this error. However, I don't believe the issue is mod related. If I completely reinstall the game from the ground up without installing mods, I still get the error. Even if I install on a separate hard drive, delete my existing Terraria data, I still get the error.

I was able to get the game working again yesterday through a mixture of reinstalling the game, running a check disk, system file checker, reinstalling dot net framework, and reinstalling Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable. However, this for some reason deleted all my modded character/world data. The same issue happened again today as well, but now I can't get Terraria to run at all, even with the previous method. I was wondering if anyone had any idea's on how to fix it.

I'm running on Windows 7 through Steam (although Steam doesn't give me the error message, the game just doesn't launch. I only get the error message by directly launching from the game's folder).

Thanks.

Edit : I was able to get it working again but I honestly have no idea how between the driver reinstalls, dot net reinstalls, Terraria and steam reinstalls but it suddenly worked again. Would still like some help solving this since I'm sure this issue is going to happen again after restarting my computer. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom