{
DisplayName.SetDefault("Hero Sword");
Tooltip.SetDefault("Your Description");
}
public override void SetDefaults();
{
item.damage = 70; //the weapon damage
item.melee = true; //this makes it so it is a meele weapon
item.width = 40; //those are the hitboxes, higher in number, bigger the hitboxes
item.height = 30; //those are the hitboxes, higher in number, bigger the hitboxes
item.useTime = 35; //how fast the weapon can swing
item.useAnimation = 35; //how fast the swinging animation happens
item.useStyle = 1; //this makes it so it is a broadswoard, if you want it a shortsword use 3 instead of 1
item.knockBack = 6; //this is the weapon knockback
item.value = 1000000; //this is how much the weapon sells for, what u see right there is 20 silver
item.rare = 4; //this is the item title color. 0 is white.
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1; //this is the sound for swords, dont change it.
item.autoReuse = false; //false means you have to continously press click for you to swing, example wooden sword, set it to true so you can hold the mouse button to swing continously
}

public override void AddRecipes(); //this is where you add the recipe, you keep this the exact same
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.Wood, 7); //here you add the recipes, you can change it to whatever you want. If you want to add a modded material you have to write it like this: recipe.AddIngredient(null, "YourModdedMaterialName", 69);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.Anvils); //here is where you are able to craft it, Anvils is any anvil in the game.
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

Just created a mod with most of the things default. Just to test to see if it works before I modify it, I tried going to mod sources, than clicked Build+Reload all, and I got the Error Message
Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\ModCompile\tModLoaderMac.exe'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.GetTerrariaReferences(String tempDir, Boolean forWindows)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, List`1 refMods, Boolean forWindows, Byte[]& dll, Byte[]& pdb)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod, IBuildStatus status)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(String modFolder, IBuildStatus status)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.<>c.<BuildMod>b__74_0(Object _)

Just created a mod with most of the things default. Just to test to see if it works before I modify it, I tried going to mod sources, than clicked Build+Reload all, and I got the Error Message
Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\ModCompile\tModLoaderMac.exe'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.GetTerrariaReferences(String tempDir, Boolean forWindows)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, List`1 refMods, Boolean forWindows, Byte[]& dll, Byte[]& pdb)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod, IBuildStatus status)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(String modFolder, IBuildStatus status)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.<>c.<BuildMod>b__74_0(Object _)
Again, go to the TModLoader Discord. Looks like you didn't install tModLoader properly, but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom