Error on linux

unrHypercam

Terrarian
Hello! I have this problem with the GOG version of Terraria on Linux:

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not set up parent class, due to: Could not load type of field 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game:gameTimer' (20) due to: Could not resolve type with token 0100003f from typeref (expected class 'System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch' in assembly 'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089') assembly:System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 type:System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch member(null) assembly:/home/unrhypercam/GOG-games/Terraria/game/FNA.dll type:Game member(null)
at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00038] in <12459169af05449b8f2903db0cb88d96>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not set up parent class, due to: Could not load type of field 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game:gameTimer' (20) due to: Could not resolve type with token 0100003f from typeref (expected class 'System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch' in assembly 'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089') assembly:System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 type:System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch member(null) assembly:/home/unrhypercam/GOG-games/Terraria/game/FNA.dll type:Game member(null)

I have tried to replace FNA.dll, but it did not work. Any info/help would be appreciated!

Update for people looking for help:

Luckly, I know the programming language that terraria is written in (c# + FNA/XNA/Monogame), so I figured out I had to replace a bunch of dll files that ended up leading me down a rabbit hole of replacing files, getting errors and replacing other files, I will update if I have success

Goodish news:

I replaced all the dll files, but now I have a more troublesome error, this time, with machine.config, next update will be when I fix all the errors. Also, all the errors so far have been about Terraria.Neplay, I am not planning to use the netplay feature, so does anyone know how to remove it? Any info would be appriciated

I finally got it to work! All I had to do was edit a config file, and write a bash script, Thanks to everyone who read this thread and hopefully other people will find this useful.

PS: Sorry for the late reply, I was too buisy playing Terraria, have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom