tModLoader Esper Class

This is not a big problem, but does it make sense to add new ones?

View attachment 346663

Only if you wanted to make a bunch of unique enemies/backgrounds for them. I think the real problem though is spawning locations. The pillar event usually places one pillar in a spot roughly every quarter of the map so sticking one in somewhere where it doesn't overlap with the other four pillars is tricky.

I found a pretty easy to abuse bug where if you're standing right next to the edge of a 1-block thick wall, then some weapons can go right through it. I only tested it with the weapons that I had at the time, so it may just be a thing with the twirlers.

Edit: After a bit more testing I found it also works with sawblades

Last edited:
I found a pretty easy to abuse bug where if you're standing right next to the edge of a 1-block thick wall, then some weapons can go right through it. I only tested it with the weapons that I had at the time, so it may just be a thing with the twirlers.

Edit: After a bit more testing I found it also works with sawblades
It's a Terraria bug in general, works with certain other weapons too. Not really something I can easily fix at all. Granted, given the nature of this class, can be quite abusable, but then it wouldn't really help against something like bosses who tend to no clip through blocks.

So, as of this posting, the mod browser is down. What terrible timing. Well, doesn't mean I can't upload to here and this mod's Discord server in the mean while. That's quite a limited reach, but hopefully I can get this on the mod browser proper once it starts working again. The first page of this thread and especially the wiki will be updated later on. For now, since I pushed to make it to almost the end of my planned deadline of the end of this month (at least for EST), I probably overlooked stuff. Hotfixes will likely be coming. This is not the full game update, but that goal is much closer now and should hopefully not be nearly as long to update so we can play this class from start to finish.

- 0.7: Updated for tModLoader v0.11.8.6.

- Boulders (when held) and Lobber projectiles no longer go through platforms.

- Added use, held, and release sounds for telekinetic weapons.

- Added support for W1K's Weapon Scaling mod. This means weapons can be upgraded throughout the game. This is set for tier only, not fine tuned on a per weapon basis, so some weapons may be very powerful when upgraded.

- Consumable weapons are no longer consumable. They still function and drain psychosis faster as before. Sell prices and obtaining methods adjusted.

- TK weapons renamed to Psi. Display only name change, not code name change, so existing weapons won't be lost.

- Rift weapons will now fire at the closest target instead of the first detected enemy in range, much like how the Psi Prime Laser acts.

- Terra Vial Necklce will now correctly apply all debuffs instead of only 5 of them by using a custom debuff with all of the combined debuffs.

- Mostly added Boss Checklist's Boss Log support for this mod's loot, with the moon event bosses currently not covered.

- The method to add critical damage to telekinetic damage based on vanilla crit increases (due to no allCrit stat) no longer accounts for throwing crit chance, since newer mods tend to not touch it.

- Updated handling of Thorium Mod mod calls.

- Vortex Tower now drops Gravity Fragments.

- Canister projectiles now do more damage (up to 40% more) the higher up they fall onto mobs. They also get wider up to a limit as well.

- Desert Wanderer set bonus now reduces life drained while using Esper weapons in Over Psychosis state by 25% instead of giving 30% more psychosis regen.

- Taurus set bonus changed to allow a special kind of dashing that gives immunity frames, but costs psychosis to use.

- Added LuiAFK styled charms. While that mod is loaded, 30 of any Esper Class buff potion can be crafted into an unlimited charm that works while in the inventory. All 3 buff potion charms can also be combined.

- Fixed most of the janky collision with Esper projectiles, although sawblades remain unaffected.

- Added Gravity accessories.

- Added Gravity Drill.

- Buffed Psi Prime Saw damage from 48 to 60.

- Buffed damage from boulders rolling fast.

- Added several new weapons, with content for the hardmode dungeon, most of the moon event bosses (Ice Queen currently missing), Golem, a craftable post Golem weapon, a Solar Eclipse enemy, and even a single post Moon Lord weapon due to when the weapon sprites were made.

Attachments

• Esper Class 0.7.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
Esper Class 0.9 is out. If you're seeing this post as it goes up, the mod is likely not updated on the mod browser yet, that takes some time. But I'll have a download on the front page soon as it'll take some time to update it. It'll take even longer to update the wiki.

- 0.9: Lihzahrd Solar armor now requires crafting at a Lihzahrd Furance.
- Lihzahrd Solar Chestplate now gives 40% increased telekinetic velocity.
- Added Gravity Pickaxe, Hamaxe, Axe, Hammer, and Chainsaw.
- Corrected Gravity Fragment rarity from 10 (red) to 9 (cyan).
- Hallowed accessories now only take 5 Hallowed Bars to craft instead of 10. Reforge value also dropped to 2 gold from 5 gold.
- Cambrian armor is now crafted at an anvil instead of a loom.
- Fixed some tooltips due to either not being constant with others (for True Goldropper compared to other canisters) or incorrect (Bowling Ball making mention of being consumable).
- Standardized the Wyvern Scale Vest to give 30% increased velocity for both throwing and telekinetic instead of different values.
- Renamed Psy Rockets to Psi Rockets.
- The rest of the non-sawblade projectiles janky collision should be fixed.
- Updated Boss Checklist support to correctly show all item drops that were missing from the previous update.
- Canister projectiles getting wider should no longer touch tiles beyond 10 pixels.
- Hallowed Lotus Petals now cost 3 Hallowed Bars instead of 5 and adjusted sell price accordingly.
- Psychosis meter when under the Psyched Out debuff will now animate even if the time of day counts differently.
- Boulder projectiles lose horizontal velocity slower.
- Boulder projectiles no longer despawn on collision while being controlled.
- Added Gravity Furniture in style of the 1.4 fragment furniture sets.
- Bowling Ball now has a unique sound on crit hits once during its lifespan.
- Added Icicle Spitter, a new Shooter type weapon that can drop from the Ice Queen. Also added Rolling Neutronium Core, Sharknado Rift, and Betsy Lobber.
- Buffed Spectre Rift damage from 72 to 96.
- Buffed Hellbat Jar damage from 24 to 28.
- Buffed Pixie Jar damage from 36 to 45.
- Buffed Wasp Jar damage from 50 to 75.
- Buffed Beetle Jar damage from 75 to 100.
- Added Gravity Barrier Platform, the endgame wings for Esper.
- HUD is now much less janky and should position itself much better even when zooming in.
- Boulders upper damage now capped at 200% and lower damage at 50%.
- Lihzahrd Solar set bonus damage scaling and explosions now work for non-Esper Class telekinetic projectiles. Thus far, just the vanilla Flying Knife and Omni-Hammer's Telekinetic Hammer.
- Lihzahrd Solar set bonus explosion should now always deal damage regardless of enemy iframes from penetrating projectiles.
- Shaken jars now last for 8 seconds, up from 5.

Edit: Hotfix released.

- 0.9.0.1: Removed testing message for Boulders showing their damage scaling.

Last edited:
Wow, how did I never test this mod before, it looks awesome
Hope we see a 1.4 stable release soon
After the next 1.3 update for this mod, which is planned to be the 1.0 update to have content for the entire game, I'll be focusing on porting this mod and Expanded Sentries over as one mod to 1.4. I know it's still in alpha, but earlier this month a stable alpha was released and actively encouraged modders to start porting over.

Finally, it is time. Esper Class 1.0 for tModLoader 1.3. Finally fully playble from start to finish, with items along every step of the way. Over 250+ items in total including some cross mod content and furniture. Aside from any hotfixes, this is my last planned mod release for 1.3. So the 1.4 porting process will start, although I can't say for how long it'll take or when I'll start. But I am glad that after like 2 year since the original release of this mod, it can finally get through the entire game instead of having stopping points prior to the end game. 1.0 doesn't mean the end of updates for Esper Class itself going into 1.4, as there is still mod content I want to add, like the biome chest weapon (ocean in this case) and buff station. But it probably won't be a very big focus as I want to work on my next planned class, Minstrel Class.

As per usual, the front page will take some time to update and the wiki even longer. If you're just reading this post as it goes up, the mod might not be updated on the mod browser yet. Give it some time and it should be. Here's the change log.

- 1.0: Updated for tModLoader v0.11.8.9.
- Added Gravity Bouncer, Gravity Twirler, Accretion Disc, and Black Void Engine.
- Added Godly Sawblade (for Loot Bags cross mod).
- Added Tiny Cactuar (for JoostMod cross mod).
- Telekinetic projectiles while being controlled no longer move slower up or down compared to left and right.
- Eldritch Eye Jar damage reduced from 240 to 150 (it was a placeholder), but now the projectiles (but not the jar) can pass through solid tiles.
- Fixed Eldritch Eye Jar not dropping correctly from the Moon Lord on normal difficulty worlds.
- Changed Moon Lord Esper weapon drop rates. Has a 50% chance to drop one of the weapons in normal worlds and 100% chance from treasure bags.
- Added a tooltip to the Gravity Hammer.
- Changed head and chest item sprites for Desert Wanderer and Wyvern Scale armor.
- Betsy Scorcher plays its fire sound 1/3 as often as before.
- Terra Vial Necklace no longer needs any Ectoplasm or Shroomite Bars in its recipe.
- The Flying Knife now actually gains bonus damage as stated in the tooltip from a prior update.
- Added Gravity armor.
- Added Pink Genji Armor (for JoostMod cross mod).
- Added accessories (enchantments) in the style of Fargo's Souls Mod.
- Added Gravity Potion (for MorePotions cross mod) and new charms to go with it (via Luiafk cross mod).
- Wall of Flesh's treasure bag now drops the Giant Gear and Esper Emblem together.
- Jar projectiles now spawn out of jars in true 360 degrees instead of only 4 diagonal directions.
- Spitting Sandfish and Super Spitting Sandfish now can be caught much easier if the player hasn't yet obtained one.

Finally, it is time. Esper Class 1.0 for tModLoader 1.3. Finally fully playble from start to finish, with items along every step of the way. Over 250+ items in total including some cross mod content and furniture. Aside from any hotfixes, this is my last planned mod release for 1.3. So the 1.4 porting process will start, although I can't say for how long it'll take or when I'll start. But I am glad that after like 2 year since the original release of this mod, it can finally get through the entire game instead of having stopping points prior to the end game. 1.0 doesn't mean the end of updates for Esper Class itself going into 1.4, as there is still mod content I want to add, like the biome chest weapon (ocean in this case) and buff station. But it probably won't be a very big focus as I want to work on my next planned class, Minstrel Class.

As per usual, the front page will take some time to update and the wiki even longer. If you're just reading this post as it goes up, the mod might not be updated on the mod browser yet. Give it some time and it should be. Here's the change log.

- 1.0: Updated for tModLoader v0.11.8.9.
- Added Gravity Bouncer, Gravity Twirler, Accretion Disc, and Black Void Engine.
- Added Godly Sawblade (for Loot Bags cross mod).
- Added Tiny Cactuar (for JoostMod cross mod).
- Telekinetic projectiles while being controlled no longer move slower up or down compared to left and right.
- Eldritch Eye Jar damage reduced from 240 to 150 (it was a placeholder), but now the projectiles (but not the jar) can pass through solid tiles.
- Fixed Eldritch Eye Jar not dropping correctly from the Moon Lord on normal difficulty worlds.
- Changed Moon Lord Esper weapon drop rates. Has a 50% chance to drop one of the weapons in normal worlds and 100% chance from treasure bags.
- Added a tooltip to the Gravity Hammer.
- Changed head and chest item sprites for Desert Wanderer and Wyvern Scale armor.
- Betsy Scorcher plays its fire sound 1/3 as often as before.
- Terra Vial Necklace no longer needs any Ectoplasm or Shroomite Bars in its recipe.
- The Flying Knife now actually gains bonus damage as stated in the tooltip from a prior update.
- Added Gravity armor.
- Added Pink Genji Armor (for JoostMod cross mod).
- Added accessories (enchantments) in the style of Fargo's Souls Mod.
- Added Gravity Potion (for MorePotions cross mod) and new charms to go with it (via Luiafk cross mod).
- Wall of Flesh's treasure bag now drops the Giant Gear and Esper Emblem together.
- Jar projectiles now spawn out of jars in true 360 degrees instead of only 4 diagonal directions.
- Spitting Sandfish and Super Spitting Sandfish now can be caught much easier if the player hasn't yet obtained one.
I was considering trying out this mod at some point after my main mods and this one update to 1.4, nice job on this and good luck porting!

Will the porting process include expanded sentries?
Yup, combined, plus plans for other content to be more of a general content mod. Although it likely wouldn't include enemies, bosses, or structures, the stuff that general content mods usually have. This would include the Minstrel Class and a revamped throwing class, plus whatever content I would like to add for vanilla classes.

Back
Top Bottom